RGM79GM

Kewei method prem?

30 posts in this topic

So I recently found out about that Kewei "sink or swim" method of getting good at the game, it seems like a nice challenge to increase my e-tanking prowess quickly and brutally but I don't really wanna get stuck with red stats from the how "brutally" thing so I made an alt account that I intend to get a t8 prem on and power my way to 500-1000 games with as in the "guide" to try git gud at e-tanks before going back to main account. I know we just had the tier 8 prem elimination thread but that includes a lot of stuff that's just not available atm( if only I had money spare when the T26E5 was collector's) so looking for suggestions for a tank that would be good for doing this guide/challenge.

Atm I'm partial to M4A1 Rev due to the alpha and high shell velocity, and the 112 as a meatyish non german heavy but D25T... , T25 Pilot I might see if I can pick up along the way with just a few tokens bought if it's any good.

In order of get if you're gonna do that method:
T25>M4 Ravioli>112

Since the first two tanks will force you to vision/camo/trade/flex, which will pay of in the long run because good players use these to farm damage/win games, but T25 is better since it only has 240 alpha. 112 is a very rrr-rightclickleftclick tank that doesn't require much of a thought process, but it is good for winning

TL;DR T25 because it forces you to play like a good player more than the other two

I personally prefer the smash face into churchill gun carrier until being on TS will result on people asking if you are ok and then suddenly being amazing at functioning tanks.

Don't bother with your stats, just learn on your account. There is no reason to curate, separate, etc. Don't be a numbers chasing degenerate.

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

Don't bother with your stats, just learn on your account. There is no reason to curate, separate, etc. Don't be a numbers chasing degenerate.

says the guy with a masters in stats 

8 minutes ago, A_Chodeful said:

says the guy with a masters in stats 

Well I mean if someone is paying you handsomely, chase away :kwim:

The idea of starting a new account, spending 40 yurobucks on a tank, playing that tank for dozens if not hundreds of hours, grinding up 10, 20, or even 30 million credits and a 4-5 skill crew, only to hang up your hat and go back to your original account seems absolute ridiculous to me, especially when you don't even have any tier 10s and probably not too many credits. Spend that money on your account to improve it.  Moreover, if you are already playing at green or teal in all the high tier tanks you have (which you are), you aren't going to magically drop down to red because you do the Kewei method. All it entails is playing solo at tier 9 or 10 and constantly analyzing your mistakes. You could easily do that on your account and contribute to the endless grind that is this game.

Like crab said, stats don't matter. I've encountered a number of players around green or teal who are newer to the game and really stress themselves out and get down on themselves because they aren't good enough or aren't improving quickly enough. They tend to focus too much on their stats. What they are missing out on is that overall stats don't matter in this game at all. What are stats good for? Mainly getting into clans. However, only a very small echelon of elite clans pay attention to high overall wn8 values and even then it's not the most important consideration. If you ever get good enough to be among the esteemed ranks of tealicums and blunicums, you will have access to most clans. And even then, I don't think there is a whole lot if good clan content offered anymore, and if it weren't for strongholds and credit boners I probably wouldn't pay attention to clan affairs at all.

On the other hand, as long as xvm and arty are in the game---if you want to maximize enjoyment, get as many shit games on your account as you can before getting good. 

It's all about mindset. Focus on constantly improving your game, focus on winning games as best as you can, and the stats will follow. World of tanks, in my opinion, requires a similar mindset to golf in that you need to have a Zen approach and focus on what you can do and your goals, not comparing yourself to others. Wn8 is a good metric for this, but I personally find focusing on my win rate and dog goals to be more valuable for self analysis considering how much wn8 values vary among tanks of the same tier.

I'd write more (and more clearly) about my tanking philosophy, but I'm on my phone in a hotel room, I've only had a smartphone for like a year, and I still haven't figured out how to use more than one thumb to get good wpm. :facepalm:

The above advice is top notch, but If you are determined to go the "alt" route at least make it somewhat worthwhile for yourself.  Find an invite code with a T5 premium (Reddit gives Church III and gold?) ensure your new account is a "recruit" of your main though the recruitment program and then go nuts with the Kewei method.  Make sure you grind out at least one one series of the Stug IV missions for a female commander... (and the credits of course)

You may even get a T95E2 on your main when your done...

I have done crazier things in games than spend 10s of hours on alt accounts but I see you guys points, still might go ahead and do it just for the sake of comparing the two accounts to each other but I'll see. In the meantime I'll go knock out some more tier 9 games on my main account.

My son abandoned his account after a few hundred battles.  I've played a thousand games or so on it, trying out low tier tanks I thought I might buy back on mine, or just shitting around.  I've taken him to T6 in a few lines.  My stats on that account are basically the same as on my main.  I am what I am.  I suspect your experience will be similar, and so there won't be much to "compare."  

Why worry about stats?  Just play.  No reason to sink $50 into an account you will likely abandon.  Just buy a premium for your current account, if you want, and play it.  Or play the tanks you have.  Or play to grind tanks you want.  Kewei's method isn't some magic bullet.  It might not even work for you.  Playing a lot and analyzing your play carefully is the way you'll get better.  Won't matter which account you use to do that.  

This "method" is bs. Ignore it and focus on trying to understand the mistakes you make and learn from them. 

Unless you honestly believe spamming as many battles as possible will somehow make you better. We have thousands of plateaued greens already doing that.

16 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

This "method" is bs. Ignore it and focus on trying to understand the mistakes you make and learn from them. 

Unless you honestly believe spamming as many battles as possible will somehow make you better. We have thousands of plateaued greens already doing that.

Can confirm.  Instead, try Zeven method:

Someone who used the crab method write it up into an article. It's boring like Schnitzel outlined.

Yeah I suppose it's better to just get another prem on my regular account then, I guess I'll go grab that T25 30 x5 xp bundle on this account and finally get the M48A1, might have enough free xp after that to get the T110E5 too.

I hope you mean free xp for modules on the way to the T110E5. It would be very foolish and highly contradictory for a player interested in their own development to skip tanks in one of the greatest and most informative lines in the game. No tank from tier V onward is anything less than "good".

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

I hope you mean free xp for modules on the way to the T110E5. It would be very foolish and highly contradictory for a player interested in their own development to skip tanks in one of the greatest and most informative lines in the game. No tank from tier V onward is anything less than "good".

I already have the M103 fully upgraded so I figured it wouldn't be too bad to skip a bit of grind, is there much difference in the matches you get between playing a tier 9 and tier 10?

1 hour ago, RGM79GM said:

I already have the M103 fully upgraded so I figured it wouldn't be too bad to skip a bit of grind, is there much difference in the matches you get between playing a tier 9 and tier 10?

Yea, you don't get to roflstomp 7s with your impenetrable tank autoaiming and crushing them with your tier X gun

What will you do when if you reroll to purple? What will you do if you can't reroll to purple?

Stagnate? or Make another account? It will be an endless pursuit of something intangible.

Do your stats affect how you view your own abilities? Do you worry about what other people think of you if you have good/bad stats?

If you answered yes to either one of those questions, may I suggest to remind you that this is still an online tanks game. What you accomplish in everyday life will impact the world much more significantly than being purple in this game. Try volunteering and giving back to the community, it will be much more gratifying than being [email protected] Remember, when this game eventually dies, there won't be a memorial to carve the names of every unicum that played this game.

:yuefei:

19 minutes ago, jackquerudo said:

What will you do when if you reroll to purple? What will you do if you can't reroll to purple?

Stagnate? or Make another account? It will be an endless pursuit of something intangible.

Do your stats affect how you view your own abilities? Do you worry about what other people think of you if you have good/bad stats?

If you answered yes to either one of those questions, may I suggest to remind you that this is still an online tanks game. What you accomplish in everyday life will impact the world much more significantly than being purple in this game. Try volunteering and giving back to the community, it will be much more gratifying than being [email protected] Remember, when this game eventually dies, there won't be a memorial to carve the names of every unicum that played this game.

I doubt an alt would let me hit purple but maybe I'd improve to solid dark green, I was worried that since I play this game VERY sporadically and couldn't even 50% the new super tier 8 heavy prems that I might be out of my depth in high tiers and I get kind of a mixed message on stats, people say things like "red shitters", mock "play4fun" but then you also get people saying not to play for stats or that stats aren't the be all end all.

1 hour ago, RGM79GM said:

I doubt an alt would let me hit purple but maybe I'd improve to solid dark green, I was worried that since I play this game VERY sporadically and couldn't even 50% the new super tier 8 heavy prems that I might be out of my depth in high tiers and I get kind of a mixed message on stats, people say things like "red shitters", mock "play4fun" but then you also get people saying not to play for stats or that stats aren't the be all end all.

Haters gonna hate :QBSeal:

Just remember why you started playing this game. I would encourage you to improve whenever you can, and ultimately have the goal of playing the best you can relatively to the amount of time/money you've spent into this game. If you are playing for stats, you are playing for someone else's approval, and it's will be an endless cycle of rerolls.

you're at 2.4k battles, that's nothing, you're doing pretty well I'd say (yes I'm aware Kewei had 5k wn8/80% WR at -1 battles, I'm comparing to the general WoT playerbase here). Just go on, play the game, grind out the M103 since it teaches a lot about minimizing exposure and DPM-based snapshotting, get the E5, dabble in tier 10, then pick a new tank line to grind.

If you just want to get gud nice looking stats and arta focus, then grab M46/E50 and stetped ez.

Although I didn't mention it in my post above since I only wanted to answer your question and reiterated by many others, the Kewei method isn't exactly the best way to improve in this game. I suggest reading on the Garbad method if you can manage to dig up that post from ages ago.

But what do I know, I'm just a plateaued padded blue :doge::doge::doge:

14 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

We have thousands of plateaued greens already doing that.

Yep!

On 3/13/2017 at 2:32 PM, jackquerudo said:

Remember, when this game eventually dies, there won't be a memorial to carve the names of every unicum that played this game.

Can confirm. Was #1 in UK & European 1v1 ladders at Aliens vs. Predator for pretty much the entirety of the game, and ran a clan that had 9 of the top 10 and 17 of the top 20 players in the UK. Played in every top clan in UT99 for CTF, iCTF and TDM, and won leagues and ladders including Wireplay, Gameplay, GamesInferno and Clanbase (OpenCup, EuroCup and Nations' Cup). There is literally no record of the AvP scene on the internet, and the UT99 old timers pretty much remember each other in a single thread - and half of the famous names are gone.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, electrons to electrons...eventually.