Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xtc4

T-34-85M appreciation thread

45 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Only played one game but the M is clearly very good now. Not as slow as I expected, armor is good, firepower is good. Basically a medium tank with heavy tank frontal armor. CHECK IT OUT IN THE WG FREEMIUM SHOP TODAY, VALUED CUSTOMER!

Yup buff just a few days before the sale was too obvious.

Only thing more obvious as a cash grab was the return of the Panther/M10 and such crap back in shop (and in game store) after they buffed them from oblivion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I bought this thing for myself for christmas back when it was the only RU premium medium to train crews.  I played several hundred games in it at a 54% WR as a full potato, but it was ok.  A few months later I got the Rudy and pretty much quit playing the M (I'd also gotten two tier X RU meds with decent crews).  Eventually I sold it because I literally had not played it in over a year.  Figures it gets buffed.  Is it as good as the rudy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Felicius said:

Yup buff just a few days before the sale was too obvious.

Only thing more obvious as a cash grab was the return of the Panther/M10 and such crap back in shop (and in game store) after they buffed them from oblivion.

And the object 252u:doge2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...I enjoyed the T-34-85 when grinding through. Did well in it. So I bought a Rudy. For whatever reason I struggle a bit in it. I'm wondering if it's worth buying the 85M on sale in a few days. It looks like a slightly slower Rudy with a bit more hull armor and better DPM. So I'm not sure it will play very differently. Of course, the Rudy is basically a slower regular T-34-85, so I'm not sure why it feels different to me.

Those who have both the Rudy and the 85M, if anyone, which is the best premium version of this tank? Does the DPM boost make the M a better tank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2017 at 2:57 PM, Archaic_One said:

So I bought this thing for myself for christmas back when it was the only RU premium medium to train crews.  I played several hundred games in it at a 54% WR as a full potato, but it was ok.  A few months later I got the Rudy and pretty much quit playing the M (I'd also gotten two tier X RU meds with decent crews).  Eventually I sold it because I literally had not played it in over a year.  Figures it gets buffed.  Is it as good as the rudy?

 

1 hour ago, Griphos said:

So...I enjoyed the T-34-85 when grinding through. Did well in it. So I bought a Rudy. For whatever reason I struggle a bit in it. I'm wondering if it's worth buying the 85M on sale in a few days. It looks like a slightly slower Rudy with a bit more hull armor and better DPM. So I'm not sure it will play very differently. Of course, the Rudy is basically a slower regular T-34-85, so I'm not sure why it feels different to me.

Those who have both the Rudy and the 85M, if anyone, which is the best premium version of this tank? Does the DPM boost make the M a better tank?

Now that the 85M has been buffed, it is way better than the Rudy for me. The 85M now has an awesome gun; it is the same gun as the Rudy and regular 34-85, but fires faster. The 85M also has better frontal armor that is more likely to get troll bounces. These advantages are not even close to counterbalanced by a small speed disadvantage: the 85M is still generally fast enough to get where you want to go Yes, the 85M is a true throwback to the Russian bias days that we all loved. Buy it, comrades. (But don't get too enamored of capitalism, which is on its last legs.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no fondness for capitalism...although I suspect it will outlive roaches (the filthy capitalist bugs!).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any point of playing tier6 premiums after these massive tier8 buffs all around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TohtoriP said:

Is there any point of playing tier6 premiums after these massive tier8 buffs all around?

lol. MM has made both tier 6 and tier 8 suck. I have been playing my tier 7 premium IS-2 to make credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, xtc4 said:

lol. MM has made both tier 6 and tier 8 suck. I have been playing my tier 7 premium IS-2 to make credits.

How, when you have more enemies to shot? I played Type64 for maybe 10 battles, and with mixed MM i got 69% WR. It's absurd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing is cancer at the moment on EU - T6 seeing hordes of them spoiling T6 even more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

This thing is cancer at the moment on EU - T6 seeing hordes of them spoiling T6 even more

Great time for IS-3 drive :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tank is OP. The firepower is OP. The armour is workable, as is the mobility. It works as a package. 

HOWEVER. It's still a tier 6, and the measly 720 health pool makes it frustratingly unforgiving to play. Many tier 7 guns can two shot you, and some will one shot you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't matter when you're better than other tier 6 mediums and even heavies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number of these seemingly firing full HE at the moment... I'm finding the chaos that such an event brings pretty amusing for once at least. 

And yeah, no doubt OP. Cause fucking up tank balance at tier 8 isn't enough for WG. Same DPM as a Cromwell with a gun that can actually deliver it. Plus some armour. Great tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my free one and I like it. It bounces a whole lot of shots. Nice gun. Nice speed. And 15 wins out of first 16 was icing on cake.

Keeper for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T-34/85 just became obsolete as everybody and their mother have the much stronger T-34/85M now from those missions. Also funny how WG now wants to make all the premiums better than their comparable tech tree tanks. Soon they will probably release some tier9 premium.. wait we have one already. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oddly enough, I managed quite a good performance in the regular T-34-85 back in the day (especially after taking some cues from  Kpt.Strzyga ) but in the T-34-85M I'm struggling to get 50% WR.
Hell, it's been quite a few tries until I managed to Ace it - and I'm using my 5 skill T-62A crew on it.

Either I need to relearn Tier 6 meta from scratch or MM is just shafting me hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Oddly enough, I managed quite a good performance in the regular T-34-85 back in the day (especially after taking some cues from  Kpt.Strzyga ) but in the T-34-85M I'm struggling to get 50% WR.
Hell, it's been quite a few tries until I managed to Ace it - and I'm using my 5 skill T-62A crew on it.

Either I need to relearn Tier 6 meta from scratch or MM is just shafting me hard

Isn’t M better (armored one?) played few battles on friends account was really nice tank. Recently played Type 58/T-34-85 and WR on both is ~65% so this should preform equally of not better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing is a monster and I even got it for free. This tank could be a tier 7 with more hp and more horse power. 

Even if it makes less credits than a tier 8 I enjoy this way more, because being bottom tier with this you can still kick asses with your OP dpm and decent handling. And the armour is orgasmic. You can rely on your turret and overangling you hull nets you so many bounces. 7 degrees of gun depression is fanstastic.

The HE is just the cherry on the cake, 300 dmg to german tds or weak bottoms is glorius. Plus it still can do some dmg to Defenders and friend frontally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has become my credit grinder.  Yep - turns out if you pop a reserve and keep piling on 1K damage games with low gold use you can have fun grinding credits in a premium tank that does not see Tier X every - single - game.  Sprinkle in some Crommy B and Type 64 and watch your Avg. Tier go down with zero fucks given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.