Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xtc4

T-34-85M appreciation thread

31 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Only played one game but the M is clearly very good now. Not as slow as I expected, armor is good, firepower is good. Basically a medium tank with heavy tank frontal armor. CHECK IT OUT IN THE WG FREEMIUM SHOP TODAY, VALUED CUSTOMER!

Yup buff just a few days before the sale was too obvious.

Only thing more obvious as a cash grab was the return of the Panther/M10 and such crap back in shop (and in game store) after they buffed them from oblivion.

So I bought this thing for myself for christmas back when it was the only RU premium medium to train crews.  I played several hundred games in it at a 54% WR as a full potato, but it was ok.  A few months later I got the Rudy and pretty much quit playing the M (I'd also gotten two tier X RU meds with decent crews).  Eventually I sold it because I literally had not played it in over a year.  Figures it gets buffed.  Is it as good as the rudy?

5 hours ago, Felicius said:

Yup buff just a few days before the sale was too obvious.

Only thing more obvious as a cash grab was the return of the Panther/M10 and such crap back in shop (and in game store) after they buffed them from oblivion.

And the object 252u:doge2:

So...I enjoyed the T-34-85 when grinding through. Did well in it. So I bought a Rudy. For whatever reason I struggle a bit in it. I'm wondering if it's worth buying the 85M on sale in a few days. It looks like a slightly slower Rudy with a bit more hull armor and better DPM. So I'm not sure it will play very differently. Of course, the Rudy is basically a slower regular T-34-85, so I'm not sure why it feels different to me.

Those who have both the Rudy and the 85M, if anyone, which is the best premium version of this tank? Does the DPM boost make the M a better tank?

On 3/20/2017 at 2:57 PM, Archaic_One said:

So I bought this thing for myself for christmas back when it was the only RU premium medium to train crews.  I played several hundred games in it at a 54% WR as a full potato, but it was ok.  A few months later I got the Rudy and pretty much quit playing the M (I'd also gotten two tier X RU meds with decent crews).  Eventually I sold it because I literally had not played it in over a year.  Figures it gets buffed.  Is it as good as the rudy?

1 hour ago, Griphos said:

So...I enjoyed the T-34-85 when grinding through. Did well in it. So I bought a Rudy. For whatever reason I struggle a bit in it. I'm wondering if it's worth buying the 85M on sale in a few days. It looks like a slightly slower Rudy with a bit more hull armor and better DPM. So I'm not sure it will play very differently. Of course, the Rudy is basically a slower regular T-34-85, so I'm not sure why it feels different to me.

Those who have both the Rudy and the 85M, if anyone, which is the best premium version of this tank? Does the DPM boost make the M a better tank?

Now that the 85M has been buffed, it is way better than the Rudy for me. The 85M now has an awesome gun; it is the same gun as the Rudy and regular 34-85, but fires faster. The 85M also has better frontal armor that is more likely to get troll bounces. These advantages are not even close to counterbalanced by a small speed disadvantage: the 85M is still generally fast enough to get where you want to go Yes, the 85M is a true throwback to the Russian bias days that we all loved. Buy it, comrades. (But don't get too enamored of capitalism, which is on its last legs.)

I have no fondness for capitalism...although I suspect it will outlive roaches (the filthy capitalist bugs!).  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0