123 posts in this topic

Image result for t25 pilot

Surprised no one started thread on this yet.

So i'm sure everyone knows about the latest marathon mission for the T25 Pilot #1. The replays and reviews are also out.

Seems like the verdict from the people who've played and reviewed this tank is that its a balanced tier 8 USA premium medium tank, compared to the M26 Pershing it has a better 90mm gun, mobility is good but with a bad engine, the overall armour is poor, the gun mantlet isn't the thickest nor the largest.

IMO its a good but somewhat bland tier 8 medium tank. I'd have to agree with what Jingles mentioned about why the T25 Pilot is being introduced to the game. Most premium tanks introduced are pretty much similar to the non-premium versions with some minor differences that make them distinct and sometimes better than the original. The T25 Pilot seems to follow the German TD syndrome.

But most importantly, at least, It's not a controversial premium tank. It's not like the last few premium tanks WG introduced recently to WoT PC like the Obj 252U/Defender, T26E5 (Patriot), AMX M4 49 (Liberte) and the Skorpion G that are blatantly P2W.

And its practically being given away for free to people who play WoT fairly regularly. No salty tears at its announcement, but no celebrations either.

Looks rather mediocre, not terrible, not OP, but as you said it's pretty much free if you put the time in (with other bonus rewards as icing on the cake) so yeah...

6FgkPwu.gif

I wouldn't go out of my way to spend money on it, unless you completed 11 or 12 out of 13 missions due to some unfortunate events beyond your control and really wanted it. Then buying a token or 2 might be worthwhile.

WG releasing a balance premium ? Must be bad. 

1 hour ago, ThomChen114 said:

Image result for t25 pilot

Surprised no one started thread on this yet.

So i'm sure everyone knows about the latest marathon mission for the T25 Pilot #1. The replays and reviews are also out.

Seems like the verdict from the people who've played and reviewed this tank is that its a balanced tier 8 USA premium medium tank, compared to the M26 Pershing it has a better 90mm gun, mobility is good but with a bad engine, the overall armour is poor, the gun mantlet isn't the thickest nor the largest.

IMO its a good but somewhat bland tier 8 medium tank. I'd have to agree with what Jingles mentioned about why the T25 Pilot is being introduced to the game. Most premium tanks introduced are pretty much similar to the non-premium versions with some minor differences that make them distinct and sometimes better than the original. The T25 Pilot seems to follow the German TD syndrome.

But most importantly, at least, It's not a controversial premium tank. It's not like the last few premium tanks WG introduced recently to WoT PC like the Obj 252U/Defender, T26E5 (Patriot), AMX M4 49 (Liberte) and the Skorpion G that are blatantly P2W.

And its practically being given away for free to people who play WoT fairly regularly. No salty tears at its announcement, but no celebrations either.

I would argue that. Gold penetration is lacking compared to pershing, and 268 vs 243 is a whole 25 mm difference. That is a whole tier difference of tanks you can not pen any more - E-75/100 LFP unless unangled, IS-7, AMX Liberte frontally except hatch, various UFPs in the game...

A hair more acc and better aim time is nice, along with a boost in soft stats, but this is just gonna make you land more shots on softer targets...and we all know that what counts most is killing heavies early on.

Part of me wants this tank for its delicious hipstah looks and dank T10 gunhandling; part of me still has PTSD from playing the 240 alpha pew pew guns against T10s. I will probably get this tank since I lack moneymakers that are comfortable to play - the CDC and 50t are just too stressful af to run sessions in; and the 44 100 is just not very gud for anything - and particularly terrible for farming those sweet damages.

39 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Part of me wants this tank for its delicious hipstah looks and dank T10 gunhandling; part of me still has PTSD from playing the 240 alpha pew pew guns against T10s. I will probably get this tank since I lack moneymakers that are comfortable to play - the CDC and 50t are just too stressful af to run sessions in; and the 44 100 is just not very gud for anything - and particularly terrible for farming those sweet damages.

at least you dont have to grind credits in a Cromwell b... its amazing fun but oh so time consuming

Well looking at the mission so far they are ridiculous easy for a free t8 prem, but t25 isn't actually that bad, while it does have worse armor and penetration, it does boast better soft gun/mobility stats, so it will be workable if you are a decent player. Worth picking up if you are only a few token off(not many and cheap too)

2 hours ago, lavawing said:

and the 44 100 is just not very gud for anything - and particularly terrible for farming those sweet damages.

and the T25 will be the same...no thanks, not going out of my way to get it

One wonders at WG motivations for this one. It seems a little easy so far. You suspect either the late missions will be a bitch, or WG are looking for player numbers or something so bribing us to play.

It's an ok free premium. I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it though. 

It's gonna be one of those tanks just dusting up in the garage.. Pretty easy to describe this tank in one word: Meh...

2 hours ago, Ezz said:

One wonders at WG motivations for this one. It seems a little easy so far. You suspect either the late missions will be a bitch, or WG are looking for player numbers or something so bribing us to play.

Especially given that these missions are a lot easier than the marathon missions and anyone doing to the tankrewards stuff should get this pretty much automatically.

I highly doubt I'll ever play it in pubs probably just strongholds though being a bit quicker and better handling should hopefully make it more amusing there than a lot of my other 8s.

I'm not sure what all the complaints are about. It's basically a Patton KR which is one of the best tier 8 premium mediums.

Does anyone know if the mission requirements go up in tiers as the 'marathon' proceeds?

1 minute ago, Steel_Butt said:

Does anyone know if the mission requirements go up in tiers as the 'marathon' proceeds?

no

3 hours ago, Ezz said:

As long as its not light tanks personal missions retarded level of bitch to complete.

Day XX: Get 100 capture points in one battle :MingLee:

1 hour ago, Steel_Butt said:

Depending on what you mean by in tiers. There hasn't been any changes in available tiers. Though certain missions damage ones especially will be easier at high tiers while kill missions may tend to be easier at lower tiers.

Meh, it's a fair free reward tank for just playing WoT.

The difference in mission focus is that they are relatively achievable (so far) for the average WoT player.  You don't need a premium account, you don't need an advanced stable of tanks, you don't need to marathon yourself for 250K xp over two weeks, or subject yourself to the RNG, skill, or luck ala personal missions.

There may be a gold profit to be made if your in the market for some.  A token is $2.59 (US) and if your buy the tokens and then do the missions and ultimately get reimbursed for the unused tokens at 600 gold...

Yay for credits!

6 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

I'm not sure what all the complaints are about. It's basically a Patton KR which is one of the best tier 8 premium mediums.

People on this forum treat anything that's halfway decent but not op like it's garbage.

1 minute ago, cavman276 said:

People on this forum treat anything that's halfway decent but not op like it's garbage.

Sounds like some uni's gonna go out to 3 mark it before selling it? kek

Guys it's a premium, you play premiums in strongholds, you don't meet tier 10s in strongholds.

You get it for free.

It trains your m46 crew and makes credits.

Quit bitching.

6 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Definitely, a Patton KR that trades a bit of hull armor and some hill climbing speed to go 55kmh instead of 48km, slightly better accuracy, slightly better DPM, better turret traverse and much better aim time. Seriously 1.92s instead of 2.4s aim time on a platform that has hardly any dispersion?

On paper it kicks ass.

Sign me up.

12 hours ago, lavawing said:

50t are just too stressful af to run sessions in; and the 44 100 is just not very gud for anything - and particularly terrible for farming those sweet damages.

Not sure what you're on @lavawing. You state these opinions as fact but the FCM 50t now occasionally needs a few of those Annoying Curvature Polished Roundel things, but it has a good slope on the front 120mm to bully lower tiers with, big tracks to absorb shells, it's fast enough to relocate and gun handling is good enough to put down some pain.

CDC is just hard to play, and while I've 2 marked it neither you nor I have the skill to go further. Gun handling is a bit derpy at times, but other gun characteristics are good and mobility is epic. This tank is out of our skill level

T-44-100 will probably be my next (post surgery) 3 mark tank, it's much better than you think. turret is semi-reliable if you pick your opponents well, mobility is good, tracks are troll, unlike the CDC it's not a huge target etc etc.

While 240 dmg t8 meds are a hard set to enjoy in a game where you see a lot of Tier X battles (for instance, 16 in a row during my STA-2 3 mark, thanks NA West!), this looks mediocre at worst, probably a sleeper hit, but definitely worth $free.

6 hours ago, cavman276 said:

like i said, its not controversial so its not generating as much salt as the Defender did

its also an unremarkable, poorly armored, mobile medium tank that is somewhat outdated to the current trend of super heavy tanks and tank destroyers.