123 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Just because the latest pay2win tank is better doesn't make the Pilot a bad tank. Numerous people are crapping on this tank even though it's top 25% for tier 8 premiums.

Also, some of us don't make poor life decisions with our money and waste it on pixel tanks :-D

All that honestly shows is how much the standard for old 8 meds has been powercrept by pen and armour. 200 AP pen used to be a lot.

1 hour ago, cavman276 said:

Not really fair to compare it to pay2win garbage

Fairness stopped mattering when WG introduced pay to win shit. The tanks don't stop being in the game.

There are many ways to evaluate a prem tank - as some gents are discussing in the recent 8 prem knockout thread. How good they are at winning is one, making credits another, of which i doubt this thing will be exceptional at either. But on the price element however...

15 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

there's a contest running tandem to the T25 Pilot marathon, I think its hinting at a possible challenge ahead with mission #5, #6 and #7

either way, its supposed to coincide with St. Patrick's Day and it's all very vague, have a look for yourself

not sure if this contest is also on other servers. im sure someone will tell me.

and speaking of St. Patrick's Day

"Top o' the mornin' to ya!" 

ITS ONLY FOR ASIA?

12 hours ago, Ezz said:

There are many ways to evaluate a prem tank - as some gents are discussing in the recent 8 prem knockout thread. How good they are at winning is one, making credits another, of which i doubt this thing will be exceptional at either. But on the price element however...

Well, to be fair, i am fairly satisfied with my WZ-111 i got for free, especially after the buffs.

I am more satisfied with the Patriot, but we often forgot the $ we had to pay to play OP tanks.

So far this mission marathon is far easier than monster 1 million dmg (especially the Jap part, since i had O-I only) for WZ, and with Pilot, I can sell my Pershing with less regrets, and buy the M46 Patton.

9 hours ago, lordawesome7 said:

ITS ONLY FOR ASIA?

apparently? surely you guys at NA have your own event for St. Patty's

10wins on a workday feels like mission impossible. I played 2hr only to get 5wins. I gave up today... 

1 hour ago, 8_Hussars said:

no free XP conversion sale in over a month :(

im sitting on so much gold and free XP to convert and now i need it to research modules on the panther 2 in order to grind the E50 doe the on track

2 hours ago, lordawesome7 said:

no free XP conversion sale in over a month :(

im sitting on so much gold and free XP to convert and now i need it to research modules on the panther 2 in order to grind the E50 doe the on track

first world problems lel ;-)

4 hours ago, DHP said:

10wins on a workday feels like mission impossible. I played 2hr only to get 5wins. I gave up today... 

did it in a platoon of 2 T29s and a Tiger(P). kind of expensive though as I had to expend more APCR than usual, but it was all to ensure the hits and wins

I like this tank if it had just a little bit better gun handling and a tad more dpm it'd be really up there as far as tier 8 meds go.

17 hours ago, Felicius said:

So far this mission marathon is far easier than monster 1 million dmg (especially the Jap part, since i had O-I only) for WZ, and with Pilot, I can sell my Pershing with less regrets, and buy the M46 Patton.

we're only a third of the way through the marathon. surely things will get stepped up very very soon

Seems pretty good, basically a very cheap KR to fluff those USA medium crews. skill4ltu 3 marked it over the weekend I believe, so you can check his twitch past broadcasts to see him farm EUs who fire back in slow motion:party:

2k damage in 10 battles. Doesn't appear to be a winning requirement.

8 hours ago, RGM79GM said:

I like this tank if it had just a little bit better gun handling and a tad more dpm it'd be really up there as far as tier 8 meds go.

It already has best in tier gun handling tho

5 hours ago, Ezz said:

2k damage in 10 battles. Doesn't appear to be a winning requirement.

The amount of TD's in tier 10 games is... well overwhelming. Any sane gameplay is pretty much impossible, but farming 2k dmg is easy enough. I.e. I was ONLY medium tank (T62A) in Sand River game -> easy ace tanker.

Sounds like a good day to work on the MT-15 mission!

10 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

Sounds like a good day to work on the MT-15 mission!

Would need to get two other missions done first :(, but other than that I think I played like 8-10 games this morning and in every game there was at least four TD's per side, some games had double that. JPE's and FV183's seemed to be favored, and Grilles ofc.

Seriously. I'll be all over that. My batchat shall feast!

I decided to buy it since i won't have time for the missions. nor the skill anymore (just came back after 6+ months break) I have taken it out 10 - 15 times now. (keep in mind i absolutely loathe M26 Pershing don't ask me why it just doesnt work for me) So comparing it to that and the m46 kr. I really like this vehicle. The Turret armor bounces incredible shots in the first 5 games i had i didnt have under 700 dmg blocked. highest was 1700 i believe. The gun is really not lacking much in the non tier 10 games. even in those shoot the sides of t10s and your basically okay.

Mobility i don't really have any complaints. It moves nicely fast through terrrain that I normally consider annoying, but with this its not really a problem. of course not the fastest ever but its overall a very nice experience to play this tank. I never really felt the need to shoot much premium ammo and when i did it was more just to be sure to hit as it was a pressing situation of life and death - win or lose. (ie. I spam premium ammo 100% in my is6 i got no problems firing prem ammo) Im gonna take this out some more today.

Overall I fully believe the average player nor the unicum shouldn't be that disappointed in it. If you like the Pershing then this tank is for you. It makes credits and is 90% like a pershing just better for me (I do awesome in m46 kr and t25 pilot but 30% wr in pershing i believe its cursed for me woohoooo) 

Thanks to the retarded 2 k damage mission, everyone and their dog is running skycancer, seriously, 4 arta per team, and here I am in my T110E5. You know what team? Fuck this. Camped harder than our UDES, 120mm/10 worth it

Sadly I didn't get MT-15.4 due to this silly mission. Was within 1 shot in a game. Ditto for TD-15.4. But those camping TD dumbos got me LT-15.4 on Malinovka Encounter! Bailed me out when a Cent 7 yoloed for me!

• Play a total of 20 battles
  • Be in the top 5 players on your team by damage dealt to enemy vehicles

Well, at least this one isn't biased against lower tiers. 

1 hour ago, kudzu said:
  • Play a total of 20 battles
  • Be in the top 5 players on your team by damage dealt to enemy vehicles

Well, at least this one isn't biased against lower tiers. 

Yea I saw this mission too. Better than to get 20 victories though but still 20 games is already quite many and as you just can´t be top5 dmg in every game it is even more. Probably takes 3 hours of WoT and I think that is quite a lot already at this stage of the marathon.

I don´t really care though as I am not doing these missions. I actually enjoy more my pref MM premiums now than being constantly in tier10 mumbojumbo with a tier8 medium.

No argument there. I doubt I'll finish this one either. And yes, being constantly uptiered in T8 is getting old quite quickly as well.