ThomChen114

the Koreans are coming...

44 posts in this topic

to the Asia server. 

Their servers are being shutdown as they become integrated to the SEA server. Because we didn't already have enough communication problems with all the Viets, Thais, Bahasa, Malay, Japanese and Chinese in chat. Lets add some more squares in chat then! Yeah!

I've had a couple of games as I was doing the 3rd T25 Pilot missions (15k dmg). Now the teams have some players with IGN UserXXXXXXXXX...., which are the Koreans as they are being transitioned to SEA server i suppose (TAP post mentioned it would take up from March to April)

Not that sure what to expect from Korean players, hopefully they won't be as notorious as they are in Overwatch (clan mate mentioned they have their own warpak tho)

yea rip SEA server, at least you guys might get some competitive action soon 

Was their server not viable any longer on it's own then? Surprised if so since I had the impression from how grindy their MMOs are that they'd love arse killing long grinds to get anything good like this game has.

Korea population was low, I follow a few Korean streamers. They nick named their own server the "hell" server. Koreans love dem arties, and it's not uncommon to see 3-4 arties on each side, nearly every game.

There are a few really good players, and then then a lot of meh players, and then... I swear, half are bots. Imagine going into game after game, where 1/2 your team camps, then, you have 3-4 arties on each side, and you are the only unicum on your team. It's either 15 mins of blowing up tanks, or 3 mins in, and you get artied to death.

Following the streamers, they talk about the different play styles, and that the USA is actually a lot more organized, people go to normal flanks, people have brains, sometimes even help each other. Mean while, on the SEA server, everyone's a vietcong, and camp, and when someone comes in, they all swarm to kill that 1 tank that over extends. Interesting to watch unicums rage-out. Eh, it's just a different way of playing I guess? Personally, I welcome them to the USA server, better than 1/2 the S. American's that drive into your tank, and won't let you even get out of the cap for 20-30 seconds... and then runs around the map when they are the last one alive, and you just want to grind that one tank. I un-installed XVM, so I might be wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Matross said:

Korea population was low, I follow a few Korean streamers. They nick named their own server the "hell" server. Koreans love dem arties, and it's not uncommon to see 3-4 arties on each side, nearly every game.

There are a few really good players, and then then a lot of meh players, and then... I swear, half are bots. Imagine going into game after game, where 1/2 your team camps, then, you have 3-4 arties on each side, and you are the only unicum on your team. It's either 15 mins of blowing up tanks, or 3 mins in, and you get artied to death.

Following the streamers, they talk about the different play styles, and that the USA is actually a lot more organized, people go to normal flanks, people have brains, sometimes even help each other. Mean while, on the SEA server, everyone's a vietcong, and camp, and when someone comes in, they all swarm to kill that 1 tank that over extends. Interesting to watch unicums rage-out. Eh, it's just a different way of playing I guess? Personally, I welcome them to the USA server, better than 1/2 the S. American's that drive into your tank, and won't let you even get out of the cap for 20-30 seconds... and then runs around the map when they are the last one alive, and you just want to grind that one tank. I un-installed XVM, so I might be wrong. 

Was watching one Korean guy stream from the West server a few days ago. Was a pretty good player.  His ping also didn't seem too bad, like 120-50 at most?

Just now, KenadianCSJ said:

Was watching one Korean guy stream from the West server a few days ago. Was a pretty good player.  His ping also didn't seem too bad, like 120-50 at most?

Yeah, one of them has a USA server account, and has been in the top USA clans. I watch him because I can understand Korean (ABK = American Born Korean), and it's just so funny to watch him chew out some people (or bots?) in Korean.

His streams start nice and happy, and then... well... ya know... the sh*tters eventually get to you and you have to go do something else.

Just now, Matross said:

Yeah, one of them has a USA server account, and has been in the top USA clans. I watch him because I can understand Korean (ABK = American Born Korean), and it's just so funny to watch him chew out some people (or bots?) in Korean.

His streams start nice and happy, and then... well... ya know... the sh*tters eventually get to you and you have to go do something else.

Like play a Defender and roll over tier 10s? Cause he did that.

3 minutes ago, KenadianCSJ said:

Like play a Defender and roll over tier 10s? Cause he did that.

No doubt, he's a good player, plays heavies and big gun TD's pretty well ("Professor tank" - Ferdi, lelz).

Has the minimap watching down pat, and thinks like a unicum. Gets his damage in, and affects the battle too, but when he plays on SEA server...... lelz, I watch him on the weekend mornings while eating my cereal, it gets pretty serious, lolz.

IDK what it is... I enjoy others going through the same pain I go through. Just he can squeeze out another 2-3 shots usually which launches him into purple land, while I'm stuck a "teal sh*tter" (nothing against you, talking about myself, inside clan joke). 

I thought they shut down the Korean server like two years ago.

1 minute ago, Matross said:

No doubt, he's a good player, plays heavies and big gun TD's pretty well ("Professor tank" - Ferdi, lelz).

Has the minimap watching down pat, and thinks like a unicum. Gets his damage in, and affects the battle too, but when he plays on SEA server...... lelz, I watch him on the weekend mornings while eating my cereal, it gets pretty serious, lolz.

IDK what it is... I enjoy others going through the same pain I go through. Just he can squeeze out another 2-3 shots usually which launches him into purple land, while I'm stuck a "teal sh*tter" (nothing against you, talking about myself, inside clan joke). 

Oh, I used to be a blue shitter. Then I took a CW 2.0 to the face, now I'm a teal shitter.

^ got shut off on the 13th apparently. Imagine... having 1 server, with like 5-6 COMPLETELY different languages... all script just popping up as boxes and symbols... LOL

Time to turn off game chat HAHA. Just toon up with a few uni's and shove a flank down their throat. 

3 minutes ago, KenadianCSJ said:

Oh, I used to be a blue shitter. Then I took a CW 2.0 to the face, now I'm a teal shitter.

Well... I worked my way up to this, from... what.. 1400 wn8? light green? Whenever I drop below 2k, I have to start try harding and limit the yolo.

Eh, at least I got much better at reading the team comps down and guessing where they'll be going. My toonmates still yell at me when I'm the first one to blow up, and make fun of me for my 30% survival rate -.-"

45 minutes ago, Matross said:

Eh, at least I got much better at reading the team comps down and guessing where they'll be going. My toonmates still yell at me when I'm the first one to blow up, and make fun of me for my 30% survival rate -.-"

OOOeerrr mines 25% at best i think... i have a habit of dying early like a potato or dying in late game clean up.

Kinda glad now that when i toon its with people even more retarded than me

Withholding judgement on the impact of this merge, however I can't imagine it being worse than the VN merge.

Quick eyeball over half a dozen games with User_3000s seems to indicate that most are Green or better. Maybe all the bots stopped playing after the merge? who knows. If nothing else it will probably shake up clam warz again.

3 minutes ago, Cronk said:

Maybe all the bots stopped playing after the merge?

One suspects it could be something like this. Straight after a merge it's probably just the keenest who jump into their new pool. Meanwhile all those weekend warriors / schoolies / filthy casuals we all blame for everything probably are still trying to log into their KR server and don't understand the error.

I was in games last night where I saw quite a few 45% Koreans running about.

Just like any nationality, they have the Good, Bad and Fucktards.

2 minutes ago, Hellvn said:

Just like any nationality, they have the Good, Bad and KELLY

2 minutes ago, Hellvn said:

Just like any nationality, they have the Good, Bad and Fucktards.

So no departure from the usual then?

The ones I've met have mostly been bad even if they are green.

I am thinking their server has higher average win rate thanks to the bots and netcafe accounts..

2 minutes ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

The ones I've met have mostly been bad even if they are green.

I am thinking their server has higher average win rate thanks to the bots and netcafe accounts..

It's worth reminding everyone that ones stats are a reflection of how you perform against others in your fish pond. Hence if the KR average was better than a SEA average, then a 49%er will likely perform better than we'd expect from a 49%er... while the reverse will also be true. It follows similar to all the NA vs EU saltiness.

Isn't server average winrate just 50% - the percentage of draws?

Just now, Cronk said:

Isn't server average winrate just 50% - the percentage of draws?

Yep. Point being that a server average player will be about that 49% mark. It's when you mix two pools with different server averages that things get a bit mixed up.

I think about the only thing you can ascertain from server average winrate would be the campiness of the server. ie more draws would be a result of battle time expired while the few remaining bots kemp bush as opposed to the much rarer simultaneous cap.

But if you look at the recent server averages from this site, then KR appears to be a lot higher. The KR stats are all over the place though, so I suspect there is a lot of missing data which would make them even less useful as a guide to the quality of player coming over.

INI5tZf.jpg

Not really sure what can be inferred by differences in server recents either. Possibly a reflection of how many good players stick around vs bads that come and go, the more bads that start up, get farmed by the goods and quit the higher the average stats of the remaining population will be. SEA recents being low is probably a result of so many shitters sticking around and blaming Warpack™ for their poor performance.

Already seeing examples on the official forums of bads getting outplayed by Koreans and reaching for their tinfoil hats.

UOc6vWU.jpg

It has happened to me a couple of times already but I can acknowledge that I fucked up, some of the Koreans I have come up against have been quite crafty little buggers.

I expect the meta will subtly change as a result, for better or worse who knows, either way there's really only one course of action.

9s5FQjP.jpg

Those that don't will be cannon fodder as always.

3 hours ago, Inciatus said:

I thought they shut down the Korean server like two years ago.

that was the Vietnamese server I think

4 hours ago, Matross said:

^ got shut off on the 13th apparently. Imagine... having 1 server, with like 5-6 COMPLETELY different languages... all script just popping up as boxes and symbols... LOL

Time to turn off game chat HAHA. Just toon up with a few uni's and shove a flank down their throat. 

Well... I worked my way up to this, from... what.. 1400 wn8? light green? Whenever I drop below 2k, I have to start try harding and limit the yolo.

LOL. My survival rate is only 35% or so.

I've already seen a bunch of properly good "Users" in action. In the thick of it start to finish; carrying me with them or at least slowing the total rout enough so I can get some damage in. Seen plenty of average and straight-up shit Users as well. But I suspect the ratio of good:bad just improved a little on SEA.