ThomChen114

the Koreans are coming...

44 posts in this topic

Overall I think the server will be....

MP2W5y8.gif

3 hours ago, Cronk said:

I think about the only thing you can ascertain from server average winrate would be the campiness of the server. ie more draws would be a result of battle time expired while the few remaining bots kemp bush as opposed to the much rarer simultaneous cap.

But if you look at the recent server averages from this site, then KR appears to be a lot higher. The KR stats are all over the place though, so I suspect there is a lot of missing data which would make them even less useful as a guide to the quality of player coming over.

INI5tZf.jpg

Not really sure what can be inferred by differences in server recents either. Possibly a reflection of how many good players stick around vs bads that come and go, the more bads that start up, get farmed by the goods and quit the higher the average stats of the remaining population will be. SEA recents being low is probably a result of so many shitters sticking around and blaming Warpack™ for their poor performance.

Since that stuff is averaged by number of accounts and not battles you can normally use it to estimate the amount of new players. New Players tend to not win as much as longer playing players. So the higher win rates would likely indicate that the server isn't growing and may be shrinking which would be consistent with them wanting to shut it down. An very high win rate could indicate that there are a small number of bots with very low winrates but huge battle counts with a larger player base that plays less often but does better against the bots.

I got the feeling SEA would be less bad with the korean merger. The last session was less stressful to play due to the korean doing more "conventional" meta and responded accordingly to your play. 

Or it could be a skewed vision because like someone said, the first wave are the better ones before the shitters jump onboard on a much later date.

Posted (edited)

To be serious,I get the impression that while the KR players are not worse than the rest of the SEAtards, they might be adjusting to the different flavour of shittiness that this server harbours. So far, however, in Tier 10 games at least, they seem to be if nothing else, campier than most shitters here. There was a 45%er KR 1 marked T110E5 who was basically playing like a TD - and that was in a game without arty.

Edited by jackquerudo

Watching a few kr streamers recently, most of their games on the kr server has at least 2 arty in every game, usually 3-4. Most of the pubbies camp hard because the arty just shits on them as soon as they're aggressive. 

Most of the "good" players already had rerolls on Asia and/or na anyway, so most of what we're seeing here is the average Joe kr player. 

Also does anyone know what the server population peaked at yesterday? Someone said 50k on my stream but I'm thinking that's not true 

definitely not 50K. they add about 25-35% of the usual peak(guesstimation).

20 minutes ago, Va1heru said:

Watching a few kr streamers recently, most of their games on the kr server has at least 2 arty in every game, usually 3-4. Most of the pubbies camp hard because the arty just shits on them as soon as they're aggressive. 

Most of the "good" players already had rerolls on Asia and/or na anyway, so most of what we're seeing here is the average Joe kr player. 

Also does anyone know what the server population peaked at yesterday? Someone said 50k on my stream but I'm thinking that's not true 

think it was 22k? That was the highest I saw when i was paying attention.

1 hour ago, Kaffee said:

definitely not 50K. they add about 25-35% of the usual peak(guesstimation).

46 minutes ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

think it was 22k? That was the highest I saw when i was paying attention.

Yeah that makes sense, it was 20k when I logged on super late, idk why they said 50k lmao

2 hours ago, Va1heru said:

the only thing I got from watching korean streamers is that every english streamer needs a chat readout bot

Had one of those supposedly 'half decent' Korean player's on my team yesterday. The dumbass kept fucking poking on a Maus, hull down Kran and a BC15555558 in the bottom corner of fjords, in front of my E100 in his 215b...

The guy was a 55%er from memory. Running vanilla client so no judgements on their wn8 and what not.

However from my higher tier games last night, nothing is really different besides the increased player count and User3000xxxxxxxxxx accounts.

would be nice to hear from KR players a comparison/changes between their former server and the current one.

1 hour ago, Kaffee said:

would be nice to hear from KR players a comparison/changes between their formal server and the current one.

maybe after the merge is complete and they do actually get their own IGNs instead of the temporary UserXXXXXXX, then we could direct them here to wotlabs.

assuming they aren't spamming WoT SEA forum's Korean language section at how terrible everyone else is 

By the sounds the shift for them will have been quite extreme, moving from barely full top tier battles to a server with its own established meta. It'sno wonder a few with decent KR stats look a tad out of their depth. Reminds me of the ut1 phenomena.

Just had a korean grille too fucking scared to take on a Type 4 heavy with NO ONE else able to shoot while he was on full HP with the Type 4 directly at me while the grille was behind the type 4. Meanwhile said type 4 was slowly taking my HP down from 400 to double digits because he was shooting HE. 

I thought SEA pubbies were passive but holy fuck did he almost get me killed and almost lost us the game. 

Took him 3 fucking minutes to help take out the Type 4 that was never looking at him for the entire 3 minutes.

Also noticing many more 3-4 arty games since the merger. They did say the korean's love their arty... Fucks sake. 

6 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Also noticing many more 3-4 arty games since the merger. They did say the korean's love their arty... Fucks sake. 

Probably the closest thing they'll get to actual nukes

47 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

Probably the closest thing they'll get to actual nukes

Arty in world of tanks actually fires unlike the ones trained at Seoul. 

4 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Arty in world of tanks actually fires unlike everything realistic as to how artillery is operated and used in any way IRL

1 minute ago, ThomChen114 said:

At least its able to fire at all in World of Tanks.

Although i would like some NKR arty mechanics in WoT. 

FIRE!!!!........ dud.

Just now, MagicalFlyingFox said:

At least its able to fire at all in World of Tanks.

Although i would like some NKR arty mechanics in WoT. 

FIRE!!!!........ dud.

and followed by a stern warning, sanctions, penalties, chat ban, and account suspension.