TheSovereign

Cap point mechanics

34 posts in this topic

Yep so everyone on cap draws cap points, just at a reduced rate.

3 people = 3 per player per second

4= .75 per player per second

5= .6 per player per second

Etc. Not sure if theres a upper limit as to how many can cap at once but if 7 can accumulate cap points then its really irrelevant if more can or not.

Well apparently cap mechanic is different from what I swore has been the case since it's inception because I got points while being 4th on cap.

6 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Well apparently cap mechanic is different from what I swore has been the case since it's inception because I got points while being 4th on cap.

At least you admitted that your statement was wrong :) And for myself I believed excactly the same as you. I dont know if this
'knowledge of cap mechanics' goes back to far earlier versions of WoT and that WG has changed the mechanics in secret
just as they do with soft stats all the time. That might well be the case

At this point it would seem that the cap point maximum accrual rates are the same (3 points/second and 1.2 Points/second for Encounter) and are allocated among all tanks on cap...which goes counter to what was commonly thought.

In this schema resetting the cap is both easier and harder with more than three tanks on cap; easier where any hit on any tank should reset some cap points and harder as the longest tank (or any for that matter) on cap has less cap points to reset thus providing less time to continue to action resets...  Perhaps this distribution was thought to combat building a wall of tanks on cap? (three TOGs hiding an ELC...)

So many people here have avoided the cap so much that they don't even know how the mechanic works.:serb:

On 16.3.2017 at 5:35 PM, 8_Hussars said:

IIRC

Standard/Assault mode counter is 1 minute 40 seconds (100 seconds) to cap, (1 tank 100 seconds, 2 tanks 50 seconds, 3 tanks 33 seconds)

Encounter mode counter is 2.5 X longer, 4 minutes 10 seconds (250 seconds) to cap, (1 tank 250 seconds, 2 tanks 125 seconds, 3 tanks 83 seconds)

Just FYI, some encounter  maps have 3 minutes 10 seconds caps (190 seconds).

2 hours ago, Swoopie said:

Just FYI, some encounter  maps have 3 minutes 10 seconds caps (190 seconds).

tx, will keep my eye out for that.

All tanks get a split of cap points to avoid making it confusing about which tank to hit to reduce the cap counter.  Every hit to a tank on cap will reduce the counter.

This does mean that there can be value to have more tanks on cap (the impact of a reset is lower if the points are spread across more tanks).  It also means that you do NOT want to be on cap when screening, because you are "stealing" points from one of the actual cappers (aside from the fact that it's hard to effectively screen from cap).

I will say that I do not recall ever shooting a tank on cap and not lowering the counter at least some, even when there were more than 3 on cap.  It does not happen often that I am resetting a crowded cap, but I think I would have remembered it.  It happens occasionally on Murovanka and Steppes encounter where the cap is part of the brawling area.