Assassin7

Asassian's new PC build log

42 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Ive looked at shipping costs, when I bought my SSD I looked at the costs of shipping it from US via a friend, the shipping cost was more than the SSD was worth. And I lose out on warranties and shit like that. Its not worth it IMO, and too much of a hassle. 

I didn't know that existed. Huh.

It exists. 

hdmi-dvi-adapter.jpg

I bought it for my work PC, because monitor only had DSUB and DVI, and MBO only had HDMI :D

Works ok. 

14 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Ive looked at shipping costs, when I bought my SSD I looked at the costs of shipping it from US via a friend, the shipping cost was more than the SSD was worth. And I lose out on warranties and shit like that. Its not worth it IMO, and too much of a hassle. 

I didn't know that existed. Huh.

all the converter/adapter dongles my dude

Annd glam pics:

kZbxoaJ.jpg

LybnEcl.jpg

1ZP36F4.jpg

It looks absolutely fantastic. Im in love with it.

Few things still need doing:

RAM - im buying the RAM off my step brother, however he cant afford his new RAM yet so for now I've borrowed one 8GB stick so we're both running 8GB each until he gets the new RAM next week.

Fans - The case doesn't come with any case fans, so right now im relying on the CPU/GPU fans for all my airflow. Not ideal, but I cant afford any fans until I get paid next week. But im getting Thermaltake Riings, they should look badass enough. 

Monitor - I knew that extra monitor I had was small. But it looks absolutely tiny next to my primary 0_o so im likely going to have to get another one at some point, but its good enough for now. 

Other than that, I adore the case, everyone whos looked at it has said it looks slick as hell. The GPU looks amazing with its LEDs, and everything is just good. Yes. 

Nice, case is pretty minimal. Although having it in white seems to be asking for dirt...

My old case was white, and its fine. 

Plus I prefer the white look. Especially with the colour theme im going for

13 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

My old case was white, and its fine. 

Plus I prefer the white look. Especially with the colour theme im going for

Mmmmm, I forgot you're not in cape town. It's so dusty here white would be a terrible idea. After a week your case would be brown.

34 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Mmmmm, I forgot you're not in cape town. It's so dusty here white would be a terrible idea. After a week your case would be brown.

Lol, yeah that would suck. 

I love how you matched wallpapers with Fast and Furious glow.

flat,800x800,075,f.u4.jpg

54 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

I love how you matched wallpapers with Fast and Furious glow.

flat,800x800,075,f.u4.jpg

Actually I've had tbe wallpaper for several months now. Its from Kimi No Na wa. (Your Name)

So it keeps telling me im low on RAM, which is stupid. because I have the same amount as I had before (8GB) but suddenly 8GB isn't enough any more. for some reason.

nice. 

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

So it keeps telling me im low on RAM, which is stupid. because I have the same amount as I had before (8GB) but suddenly 8GB isn't enough any more. for some reason.

nice. 

Check RAM usage with Process Explorer, some task can lock up high amount of RAM (like chkdsk, windows update and stuff). This will give you detailed imprint of memory usage, and you can start diagnostic from there.

8GB is green of WN8 :P 

1 minute ago, BlackAdder said:

Check RAM usage with Process Explorer, some task can lock up high amount of RAM (like chkdsk, windows update and stuff). This will give you detailed imprint of memory usage, and you can start diagnostic from there.

8GB is green of WN8 :P 

the task in question was GTA5.

"your computer is running low on memory, please close the following programs to increase performance: GTA5. 

and im like BUT THATS THE PROGRAM I WANT THE PERFORMANCE IN

On 3/20/2017 at 0:34 PM, Assassin7 said:

the task in question was GTA5.

"your computer is running low on memory, please close the following programs to increase performance: GTA5. 

and im like BUT THATS THE PROGRAM I WANT THE PERFORMANCE IN

Reminds me of RocknRolla Victor, you're so cheap. 

Buy more RAM, it's cheap. Like 50bucks for 8GB.

23 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Reminds me of RocknRolla Victor, you're so cheap. 

Buy more RAM, it's cheap. Like 50bucks for 8GB.

I am getting 16GB. Im buying it off my step brother as hes getting new RGB RAM because hes richer than me xD. He just cant afford it till next week so for now im just borrowing one 8GB stick, so both our PCs run. 

But the fact of the matter here is: I had 8GB in my old PC and it had no issues whatsoever with this shit. So why does it suddenly have issues now?

You might run the game with higher settings and auto hardware detection of that game rings an alarm bell.

So, just ran tge Unigine valley benchmark to give it a stress test (I thought I might of fucked up the CPU cooler install and screwed the thermal paste) and, despite it having no case fans and relying only on the CPU/GPU fans for airflow, the GPU only hit 60C and the CPU only hit 50C.

Granted, its more a GPU based benchmark test, but its good enough for me, for now at least. 

At idle the CPU is sitting around 35 which isnt too bad, and the GPU is a little hot at 43, but the case fans should help with that when I get them

Update from a week ago, mmm fan:

KvLCft0.jpg

pEKl4ER.jpg

Looks amazing. Im planning on getting at least 2 more, but I've got other things I need right now so thats on the backburner.