Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MatzerMike

To skip or not to skip the awful Mäuschen?

11 posts in this topic

So, I'm literally boring and tilting myself to death trying to play this horrible tank. I want to get to Maus, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna survive this awful grind. The previous VK on tier VIII was actually and surprisingly ok and even fun to play tank sometimes. The Mäuschen however.. oh boy. SOO freaking slow, you either never see battle, as your teammates push flank and before you move to the other, it is end of game already or your flank get rekt by enemy and then it's 5v1 and goodbye for you as you cannot escape. And then there are games when you get open map and 3 arties on enemy team.. It almost feels like going afk is your best option to maintain your mental health..

But to the actual question - Since I never played Maus, maybe the experience there will be similar for me. But I really hope that the armor on Maus makes the difference and you can actually influence battle with it and also have fun. If so, I might just skip this crap completely, but over 200k exp it's quite a lot of gold.. So do you think I should just man up and grind through it (maybe while getting drunk to ease the pain) or is the Maus worth it to just use all that free exp?? I really regret now unlocking the engine and track with free exp. as I had hopes this tank might be actually fun..

Sorry for crying here as a baby, but after 10 games with it I just feel really frustrated as never in this game :cri:

Do you have best engine or tracks? I heard those help quite alot.

1 minute ago, leggasiini said:

Do you have best engine or tracks? I heard those help quite alot.

Yah, I did unlocked those and I already had the gun from the E100 line.

Btw, setup is vstab, rammer and optics
crew has  full repairs and individual stuff like sixth sense, snap shot etc. so I guess nothing else I could do there to improve the performance (except BIA, when I start third skill).

Please no skip Maus-Chan Desu~~

31 minutes ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

Please no skip Maus-Chan Desu~~

commander nii-san yamero thy faggotry

Maus and Mauschen play roughly the same, the armor difference is minimal (tier 8 will have more problems with Mauschen as tier 9 with maus when fighting head on)

And most important, both are equal slow and get roughly equal guns (tier for tier)

If you hate the mauschen, you wont like the maus :P

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

commander nii-san yamero thy faggotry

Just according to keikaku

(TL Note: Keikaku means plan we just thought it would flow better)

I haven't actually gotten my hands on the mauschen yet but if you have problems with being slow as shit, you probably are not going to enjoy the maus.

Well I mainly want to grind the Maus for the HT-15 missions and I quite like the idea of buffed DPM and armor, lot of people say it's quite good atm, but I might be disappointed.. Still got lot to learn about tanking with brick tanks.

10 hours ago, MatzerMike said:

Well I mainly want to grind the Maus for the HT-15 missions and I quite like the idea of buffed DPM and armor, lot of people say it's quite good atm, but I might be disappointed.. Still got lot to learn about tanking with brick tanks.

I did HT-15 in the IS-7...

I had a similar experience with VK100 and found the Mauschen more capable.  Tracks was first upgrade, but I do not intend to upgrade the engine - instead saving the 50k XP for Maus.  I felt fleeced upgrading engine on VK for no discernible difference in performance.  Only improvement I can see is reduction in chance of fire on a hit from 20 to 12%, but I've not found that to be a problem to start with.  

FWIW, currently at approx 100 games with my highest WR in any heavy tank so far @ 58%.  The Mauschen seems to be responsible for driving our respective recent WR in opposite directions.

I can confidently suggest using heavy spall liner.  Tanks this large and slow are arty magnets and receive a lot of big HE derp.  Also, stock aim is already decent, I am running at a high 70s hit rate and vis is good without optics (almost max with recon and situational awareness is trained) so I am running rammer and vents to touch up performance.  

Although this tank is often last to the front, I have only rarely felt that I missed the key moments either way.  Sometimes, your fashionably late arrival is enough to tip the scales as the initial layout has been set.  

Where the VK was very dependent on tier to have a strong impact, I find Mauschen to play its role in any match.  Stick with it, be aggressive with the Maus gun, don't forget angling is still very important and try and protect your HP until you can create a later push the enemy has no answer for. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0