Tigeh

Clam Advice - Find one now or wait?

4 posts in this topic

6edadd33d3964bc74258ff6be4a30b9c.png

So I'm back to purple recents after some health issues and personal mission chasing tanking my wn8 (through IDGAF issues) with W/R lagging behind because I'm >90% solo for this lot, and I play with bad players I like rather than better ones, usually - Wotlabbers are usually the exceptions! After a mature and low drama clan who don't care about my green issues (working on going teal but it takes a while with my battle count).

Should I wait til I get back to dark purple stats to apply for a clan, or just join one I like now? And who'll have me who's worth joining? I'd top out at 2960 WN8 and 59.7% W/R probably - can't see myself breaking 3k/60% unfortunately.

What are you looking for in a clan? Competitive CW and Advances? Casual stronks? Platooning? Et cetera? I think expanding on that would help you with your search.

If you plan on getting a campaign tank in the long run and find a nice "home", you may as well find one now. Alternatively you can make yourself look more appealing to open a few more doors as it is easy to say "missions tanked my stats" and claim better performance (not necessarily doubting you here but some concerns I, as a PO/recruiter would have).

If you have options with a group that you can have fun with today - why would you defer that?  Joining a clan for fun in WoT is not exactly like taking out a mortgage or getting married, you can have a good time now and maybe even make a clan better in the process.  If you really feel like you need that A-List tag on your resume, you can move later.  I suspect having clanmates that would vouch for you being fun in chat and a good team player could only help your chances.  Besides, planning for some distant future in WoT seems kind of silly - live in the moment.