Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZXrage

What should my next line be?

20 posts in this topic

So I've gotten bored of playing the same tanks over and over and would like to grind a new line. However, I'm undecided what it should be. I'm really willing to play any line, as long as it won't give me too much AIDS. Currently, I'm deciding between:

-German MT line
-German HT line 
-German TD line 
-Soviet HT line
-Soviet MT line
(heh)

They're all split branches, but whichever one of those lines is fine.

Since I know it's important to have a premium for the line you're grinding, here's a list of premiums that I have in the garage at the moment:
-Pz. 58
-Skorpion
-Obj. 252U
-IS-6
-SU-100Y
-Dicker Max
-TOG II* (:serb:)

Which lines have you grinded though? Example is7 or is4? Leo or 50m?

Jap heavies :nanodoge::microdoge::minidoge::doge::bigdoge:'

atleast top tier is no longer trash tho

15 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Which lines have you grinded though? Example is7 or is4? Leo or 50m?

I've grinded through none of the lines I've picked, I'm starting fresh on those

So far I've only gone all the way through on the American HT/MT Line, stopped at the T49 at the LTs and stopped halfway on the TDs (stopped at Jackson/Hellcat)

Seems like Soviet heavies is the obvious choice since you already have 2 prems :kappa: and probably have a good crew ready to go.

Depends the good thing is that some lines share some tanks and modules so that will make you skip some of the grind. Example are the t62a/obj140 shares the line with the is7  trough the kv13. The is7 line is pretty solid overall so you cant wrong with that and the rusky mediums beside the t43 are all good at least so that is a good line. Altough you will not have good gun depression to which you will have get used to, but stalin always helps the comrades. Oh just remember that the T-54 has a horrible grind and relies abit too much on heat, so take that in consideration if you like not to speend much. 

The germans seems pretty solid too condering you can unlock the e100 and e50m line trough the panther 1. Now considering the buff these tanks have recieved with the german mediums beeing good now (you get the same hp of same tier heavies with high pen guns, nice handling and dpm) you can easly go this line. 

What are you looking though specifically CW tanks or just a fun grind? 

looking at the CW meta, everyone either spams maus tanks or at minimum has them incorporated into every game. So go for the german heavies if you care about that.

Otherwise you can go for russian mediums. They're pretty damn fun and you can get 3 of them in just one line!

With changes coming to mediums, I'd argue that the safest choice would be the RU HT line. You get:

1) a competitive tier X which is CW compatible

2) the king of T8 heavies (which many argue is actually tier 8.5)

3) a decent SH tank at T6 (RIP OP KV-1S)

4) A pretty fun Tier V.

Basically, the entire line is pretty good with the only purely average tank being the IS . if you're looking for something with a higher skill cap then ofc the RU med line is fine (2 tier Xs grindable thru one line)

I'm putting my vote in for German MTs, E50M line specifically.

They are a jack of all trades kind of medium tanks with not good camo, camo being something you cant abuse without a good crew.

They have also been recently buffed, the Protopanther has upper plate that can deflect same tier rounds, the Panther gets sideskirts so (that strip at least) doesnt get triple overmatched by 122mm, Panther II gets the ultra long 88L100, E50 can permatrack competitively with a faster firing 88L100 and the E50M is great.

Though, the branch off into E100 is not so useful now since Maus is the new flavour.

You also have a Pz58 already.

It seems like you really like the patton and american mediums. With that in mind, you might want to consider getting the E50 and/or E50M. They trade some gun depression for armor and are considered very enjoyable tanks to play. Plus, you have the Mutz as a crew trainer. The tanks are on track right now which is a big plus. I wouldn't go for the german heavies. There aren't many great tanks in the lines (Tiger I, 1001P, maybe VKA post buff, the tier 10s and that's about it) and the end tiers are slow as balls. You have to really like that playstyle of slow fat facist box, and since I don't I personally wouldn't recommend those tanks. I slaved through the Tiger P, VKA, and VKB in the 3 weeks before the new patch hit to unlock the Maus memes, but I don't find it very fun because of its speed. I ended up selling my E75 shitbox because I have no intention of ever getting the E100 now.

You also can't go wrong with either the russian meds or heavy tanks. The mediums are a lot of fun, and the heavy line is probably the easiest grind in the game from tier 5 to 10 without a single dud. Unfortunately the IS-7 is starting to look a bit power-creeped nowadays, so keep an eye out for a buff once the RU players whine enough.  A decent grinding hack for the RU meds (if you are stingy with free exp) is to get for the 430 vII first through the obj416. This allows you to grind out the top gun for the T54 and 430 vII while still having a good 320 alpha gun with HEAT shells. Then you can pop over to the T-54 and use it to unlock the 62a/140. Otherwise the gun you would have on the T-54 is the T-44s LB1, which is painful to grind stock (I would know... I did it :doge: ). Is it worth the extra credits you need to get both tanks? That's up to the player to decide.

It's not that important to have a premium crew trainer, I personally find it dumb.

Out of the lines you listed I recommend German or Russian MTs

43 minutes ago, CheekiBreeki_ said:

It's not that important to have a premium crew trainer, I personally find it dumb.

They're pretty damn useful if you don't have the gold to retrain your crew for every tank you grind through.

RU Meds are good times. As @Whole_Nutjob said, go for the Obj 416 and unlock both tier 9's. The line is good except for the A-44 which is a giant turd but still fun some games. The 430 v2 is a highly underrated and underplayed tank imo and the T-54 should need no introduction for anyone who has spent time here.

Downside is no premium trainer if you don't do kempaigns to get a 907.

But then having a 252 and IS-6 makes RU HT kind of a no brainer as well, I actually enjoy my IS-4 more than IS-7 despite having an atrocious win rate in it. The ST-I is a monster.

Another vote for the RU meds.  Mainly because the line is so economical XP wise.  You also cannot go wrong with the RU heavies.  Remember komrad, in soviet russia - Wargaming does not nerf Russian tenks, Russian tenk nerfs you.

Basically go for anything that can

•  Deal with YOLOshitters
  •  Carry reliably hard
  • Doesn't gives you AIDS when you play it

Go for RU Meds, on A-43 line.  Access to all 3 Tier X hovermeds, and only the A-44 is a rough playthrough (comparatively).

id say Russian meds. Those tanks are fun af and super easy to do well in

13 hours ago, kunjuro said:

With changes coming to mediums,

What changes?

14 hours ago, Whole_Nutjob said:

A decent grinding hack for the RU meds (if you are stingy with free exp) is to get for the 430 vII first through the obj416. This allows you to grind out the top gun for the T54 and 430 vII while still having a good 320 alpha gun with HEAT shells. Then you can pop over to the T-54 and use it to unlock the 62a/140.

Wish I'd done this. Stock T-54 is a horror grind.

get an E 50 and get out of that green overall

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0