Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nemlengyel

Fisherman's Bay

14 posts in this topic

There seems to be no map thread yet about Fisherman's Bay, so now there will be one.

How do you play this map? In a top tier superheavy like the Löwe, city can work fairly reliably, but when you're bottom tier or playing something like E5 you seem to be too fragile for poking/trading around there. North is just a campfest of a ton of big alpha TDs every time, so that leaves me with mid, but I'm not sure how to play it properly, especially when you are so slow you miss the crossfire opportunities on heavies trying to get to town.

I just go mid in most of my tanks. City sidescrape/peek wars are boring. 1 line snipe wars are boring. I can get sideshots on both flanks from mid. 

And when i say most of my tanks, i mean ranging from my 13 90 to my T30. Lol

I go down 1 line on any tank that has a top speed faster than 35 kmh, especially if south spawn because south is fucking indefensible if an enemy tank manages to reach the rock cover.

If I survive, sweet sweet spotting damage. If I don't then little time was wasted on that map.

2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I just go mid in most of my tanks. City sidescrape/peek wars are boring. 1 line snipe wars are boring. I can get sideshots on both flanks from mid. 

And when i say most of my tanks, i mean ranging from my 13 90 to my T30. Lol

i go there in my fv304.... sideshots over buildings and rocks XD

Pretty much anything fast with even the slightest semblance of armor i.e. not a Skorpian (though the next lightest things I play are a 113 and an IS7 (Though going north on the 1 lin in the IS7 is just awful a lot)) I rush up or down the 1 line. Type 4, Maus, or IS4 (fromt he south) I just sort of lumber into the city and take what brawls I can. 

I just had three games on that map and normally I have no issue with that yolo. I'm not sure if it is becoming more common or if the IS7 is just way too fucking slow to make it work or if I just got unlucky three times.

7 hours ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

Cyka down 1 line 

This is an option from the north. Lowe has hilariously amazing turret armour and APCR that you can simply hug the rock and farm both assisted and damage.
From the south I almost exclusively play the middle house towards the 6 line (HEing the destructible a little north east of the house to shoot heavies crossing while leaving the eastern destructible clear to stay safe from 7 line heavies.

Yeah, I've tried destroying that house a few times since I saw it on some FAME stream once. Ended up getting annihilated by return fire like two times so need to get it right :D

Charging up or down the 1 line is like spotting from the lake rd on Lakeville for me: total boom or bust. More bust recently, cause no support as TDs seem to be focusing on mid more than the 1 line recently on SEA. So I'm slowly learning the intricacies of brawling from the middle of the map, at least at the start.

If I'm playing lights or TD's I often go initially to H/G4 from the South and D7 from the North and spot/snipe the heavies and spotters.

At D7, there's some nice bushes and I shoot out the wall so I can see the heavies trundling t'ward yonder city at H7/G8. Usually get a track or two. useful for arty spotting. Also effectively spots the middle, as does H/G4. D7 is tough though,you have to withdraw fairly quickly.

You can hang about on H/G4, subject to arty and your gun depression. I can do the reverse of D7 at C2/D1, sniping the scouts in particular, with a clear field of view. As a bonus, if anyone lights up in A1 corner, I have clear shots.

Further, H/G4 covers the city nicely if the enemy pushes there and breaks through. Works for meds too, if you got speed and depression. 

Then I run away and hide.

Unless i'm in platoon, I will almost always play the middle (at least initially).  The heavy poke fight in town just sucks, and I don't like going to the other side unless I know I have friends coming with me or reliable guns covering me.  Seconding @Fulcrous's suggestion of shooting down the house that allows spotting of the initial heavy push, but NOT the house that shields you from side shots from heavies in town (at least, until it's clear that shooting it down is the right thing to do).

Golden :kappa: test - Unicum TriHard response activated :doge: 

It's one of those maps that have virtually no early game because everything is so safe before people actually can take their positions. And literally no endgame either because the midgame is so long and every engagement takes ages to win. Because of it I normally take a passive approach until I get enough info. Middle is much stronger from the north side so from the south you can't really expect to do well there at the start when it's unclear if the enemy IS-7 will play mid or city etc

North:

North is literally just play mid from beginning or yolo 1 line. 1 Line is a fast aggressive play that can work very well if you actually commit to it and don't play passive, but the progression is horrible after winning, you can't really fight with the middle (see video at the bottom) so you simply have to go back and into the middle again. 

It's a very simple play though and works for when you have no clue what do to, but otherwise I recommend typical middle play: 

1CIIOv4.png

This is just the standard free damage on heavies bushes from middle, and it works for a little bit but then I recommend passive mid play the ridge until you simply see an opening. Staying passive isn't the worst option either, you have plenty of shots just from the middle when heavies are pushing, or when the 1 line is getting pushed. Middle is just the place to be until you can actually push somewhere and that's different every game and sadly pretty hard to help with.. Good decisions and redlining helps :kappa: 

South:

From south the only reliable early damage I have is from the F2-3/G2-3 area:

nlDqD6w.png

because stupid people are stupid and they cross at C2/D2 instead of going all the way back when going into the 1 line. This only works in tanks that can get there in roughly 30 seconds because otherwise all crosses already been done, you also have nice shots into the mid with double bushes from there, especially if you know what houses to shoot down. I usually stick around here until people stop poking from the middle. The only real problem is that you have a blindspot from the bushes in the back that are just outside of drawrange so in case of a 1line yolo from south you can't actually support it all. 

From here the normal option is just to go into the middle:

elShpX3.png

once no more damage can be done here, I normally don't go mid right away because it's so vulnerable and the north has the middle advantage for sure. You have a nice lock on the heavies in several gaps between buildings but the fact that the middle is so crowded from the north side makes it super risky to play early, but a bit simpler when you have more info. If you can actually play the mid aggressively (the enemy mid players are low or dead) then you should just drive straight into the next engagement, middle is pretty useless once you actually won it. 

If the 1 line has nothing commited to it but just campers in the back you can actually take it pretty aggressively and use the ridges to lock them all down and get sideshots onto the middle as well. I normally don't recommend city as a whole if you have any form of mobility. If you're able to clear the 1 line from south then the progression into the middle is super easy and the game is normally won by this stage already:

3fGzt8o.png

Explaining past these points shouldn't really be necessary, any angle you can lock people down on is where you should be after this, the game is rarely a city heavy game so in anything with mobility these plays are literally all you need.

Some notes as well, if the enemy team yolos 1 line hard you can stay here and lock it down very well:

9OJMjRX.png

I have a video example of pretty typical defensive play on Fishermans Bay:

This shows pretty well how the middle works. Now the game was exceptional but that's besides the point. Here I do almost everything but play the 1 line aggressively as I mentioned and it should be much easier to understand the angles you get and why I chose these places over others. 

3 hours ago, Kolni said:

Golden :kappa: test - Unicum TriHard response activated :doge: 

- snip -

This is gold Kolni, literally this post is why people come here.  Its the middle of the afternoon NA and there are 90 guests lurking and searching for this kind of content.

:epicsaxguy:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0