SuperSapien

How do you guys get the last couple percent on a 3 mark without killing yourself?

Question

The past couple days I've been going for the M48 Patton 3 mark but every time I get to ~94% I get completely fucked by things like arty and awful teams. Admittedly the past 3 times I got up there I was so tilted I screwed myself over.

Any advice on how to be more consistent with bad teams and not rage/tilt would be really appreciated.

9 answers to this question

Platoon up with some fellow purples then it will be 27v3 not 29v1, they can just help you farm that last little bit. I only just got 3 moe on the Jagdpanther 2 without smashing my monitor with a sledge hammer. 

I'm on the same boat on what comes to M48, I just cant seem to be able to 3rd mark it. The tank is just too slow to be forgiving if positioned badly... Usually I dont pay attention to the percentage, I just play until I get the mark.

Deal with the bullshit and don't let it tilt you, if you really need to perform the best way to do it is to remove the pressure of having to perform, who gives a shit if you drop a % or two, if you're good enough for it you can push it up again, you just need a bit of time

7 hours ago, Kolni said:

Deal with the bullshit and don't let it tilt you, if you really need to perform the best way to do it is to remove the pressure of having to perform, who gives a shit if you drop a % or two, if you're good enough for it you can push it up again, you just need a bit of time

This. Once you let your emotions get to you, you're done-zo.
I personally feel miles better now since my sperg 3 weeks ago and have been performing better since.

I'm not quite at your oevel yet, so this might not be applicable advice, but I found that I often had to wait a few days before grinding out the last few % of a mark just so the excitement and tilt from grinding it up could cool down a bit. It took me a week and 2 million credits more than it should have for me to 3 mark my T29 because I stubbornly kept trying to mark it despite starting each session tilted already, a problem I could have averted by taking a 2 day hiatus. 

Much like you and @SaintLaurentius I'm having trouble with this tank. I'm sitting around 90%, will have a good streak and then just have an absolute trash game. The meta/missions are really working against its play style atm. 

The number one thing is trying to combat tilt and just stopping when you know you are on it. Recognize when you get angry and just play something else. Playing in a platoon(this can go either way depending on the other player since the Patton is trash for cleaning up late game and you may miss out on damage) is also nice to help with teams being steamrolled but past that I like to put some music on and mute ts to just focus. 

On 20.3.2017 at 4:21 PM, Spec said:

Platoon up with some fellow purples then it will be 27v3 not 29v1, they can just help you farm that last little bit. I only just got 3 moe on the Jagdpanther 2 without smashing my monitor with a sledge hammer. 

Hell no, no triple man platoons if you're trying to mark something. 2-man platoon could work though.....

2 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Hell no, no triple man platoons if you're trying to mark something. 2-man platoon could work though.....

I've marked a few nines recently in 2 man platoon settings. Allows the security of your team not being rolled as easy. 

Just play. I know I get them easily and the only thing temporarily holding me back is variance. Personally without this belief I wouldn't even try. If you don't think you can legit do it, why bother?

Get your mindset right and go full Shia Labeouf mode on it.