NightmareMk9

Being Pink is Bad

12 posts in this topic

I think I have a good understanding of the WOT Team Damage System.  I don't make a habit of shooting guys on my team, but when it is necessary I understand what to do and what NOT to do.

Not so much in WOWs.  If there a link/guide that lists all the know 'rules' for team damage in WOWs?

Here are a couple things I have learned:

1 - It sucks being pink more than being blue in WOT

2 - Don't Shoot HE at teammates (Fire ticks multiple hits just like WOT)

3 - Don't Citadel teammates (I fired a single gun and immediately turned pink)

4 - When you are pink stay FAR AWAY from teammates (I think I was pink for about 9 games, because every couple games someone would rub into my boat)

And then there is this :drunk:

Yes, it is a known fact that team damage is bad, and you should avoid it.

I play a fair amount of PVE while trying to grind the first module on a higher tier ship.  You can rest assured that the bots on YOUR team will ignore your torps while the enemies bots are almost prescient in avoiding your torps.  I have gone pink 90% of time plaing PVE and torping my own bots rushing to ram kill a red ship.

Simply put - don't play any torp based ships in PVE - only gun based ones.

Oh wow, so I shouldn't shoot teammates? I never would've thought...

It comes down to situational awareness mostly but even then you can still get absolute morons that you can't predict that you'll inadvertently damage; the first time I turned pink was in a low tier match where a friendly with 10 hp rammed me and died. The most recent time was in the tier 7 kiev I was sitting in smoke firing my guns and a friendly Scharnhorst pushed right up against me  unexpectedly and one shell from me hit him. Of course that set him on fire immediately and he burned for 11K but didn't die but it was considered excessive team damage which turned me pink.

TLDR; do what you can to anticipate bad plays on the part of your teammates and avoid them. 

You actually play this weird boat game?

Just sail the Hiei while you're pink it already comes with pink paint :)

I gather from the OP second sentence that he is both prepared to and actually does fire at teammates deliberately.
Really, a TKing guide for WoWs, wtf.

Was that a deliberate shit post or were you looking for help to cure your madness?

5 hours ago, Krollin said:

I gather from the OP second sentence that he is both prepared to and actually does fire at teammates deliberately.
Really, a TKing guide for WoWs, wtf.

Was that a deliberate shit post or were you looking for help to cure your madness?

The OP probably believes/believed that shooting pink ships is the same as shooting blue tanks in WoT.

Hint: it's not.