Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kunjuro

T-103, Soviet T8 TD

64 posts in this topic

Well gents, it looks like a new Russian premium TD is coming our way. Has disgustingly high penetration and surprisingly decent armor and speed to boot. (Soviet bias anyone?) Still, would reserve judgement until soft stats and other relevant info (like engine power) is shown... At least it's not another clone I guess?

EDIT: As per SS's blog, this thing does have a fully rotating turret. 

Historical article: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/03/02/brainstorming-tanks-103/

Taken from the armored patrol: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/22/supertest-t-103-initial-stats/

Tier: TD-8
HP: 1250
Max speed: 40 / -15 km / h
Turret turning speed: 15 °/s
Hull turning speed: 30 °/s
View range: 380 m

Hull armor: 100 / 100 / 60 mm
Turret armor : 100 / 100 / 60 mm

Alpha Damage: 440 / 440 / 580
Penetration: 258 / 307 / 65 mm
Reload time: 10.2 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,36
Aiming time: 2,3 s

Photo:
7ab5e64417387e640978ccc8f70bdde2.jpg

Decent VR for a TD. Lower alpha and speed than the Skorp so unless the 100mm values don't say much I see no point. 

1 minute ago, hazzgar said:

Decent VR for a TD. Lower alpha and speed than the Skorp so unless the 100mm values don't say much I see no point. 

Well, for one the thing still has decent DPM (roughly 2600). Second, it will definitely not be penned by HE rounds with that armor. 

I found out from SS's blog that the 103 does in fact have a fully rotating turret. The gun is the same 130mm gun on the SU-100Y (but probably fires better ammunition to have this level of pen). 

sad that gold AP doesnt have higher alpha like SU-100Y :feelsbad:

2 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

sad that gold AP doesnt have higher alpha like SU-100Y :feelsbad:

That would actually be quite an interesting option. The base AP round already has an absurd amount of pen. Sacrificing a bit of that for improved damage seems like a great tradeoff but I fear that would take the DPM of this thing to dangerously high levels.

It has a tad bit more base DPM than the Skorp (2.5k-something v. SKorp's 2.4k), So It trades off some mobility and accuracy for better armor (but not by much) and DPM.

Honestly I think the Skorp is still better purely based on the fact that it serves a more popular line

We still need to wait and see how its softstats are.

Wouldnt be surprised if they changed its stats so i dont judge it yet, other than how sexy it is. that turret and gun, its so t h i c c

Oye.... This looks nice, but I smell a hint of Russian Bias (TM).

Armour doesn't look up to much most of it is pretty flat and very 'KV' like.

The higher alpha for lower pen premium would be a nice option, but then I'd reckon a load of people would complain they can't pen tier 10s.

Think it's odd that for a 130mm they went 440 alpha. IS7 is 490, 263 is 550 both with 130mms and the German 12.8 cms are 490. 

1 hour ago, kunjuro said:

Well, for one the thing still has decent DPM (roughly 2600). Second, it will definitely not be penned by HE rounds with that armor. 

I found out from SS's blog that the 103 does in fact have a fully rotating turret. The gun is the same 130mm gun on the SU-100Y (but probably fires better ammunition to have this level of pen). 

2490 DPM. Tanks.gg claims skorp is 2513

12 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Think it's odd that for a 130mm they went 440 alpha. IS7 is 490, 263 is 550 both with 130mms and the German 12.8 cms are 490. 

Just give them time, I'm sure they will correct that

One thing to note, this thing will be BIG, as in almost as big as a Maus since it pretty much is just a SU-100Y with a turret.

2 hours ago, canadiantrex said:

Oye.... This looks nice, but I smell a hint of Russian Bias (TM).

Can you say...magic hovertank ground pressure values?

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/22/supertest-t-103-complete-stats-armor-pictures/

Full stats, and better pics <3 (unfinished model but i already love its look, this is most likely my next tier 8 prem so im gonna make sure i buy nothing before this)

Some thoughts:

- Its...mobile. It has 15 hp/ton for such a big tank and 40 kph top speed. Its not Scorpion, but it can move. Terrain resists are not great but the mobility is suprising for tank that is quite huge.

- I thought it will have bad depression but -8 is pretty good. Lol 30 elevation tho

- Gun seems all around very nice. Bloom is still not there and that has big effect how the gun will perform, but knowing turretted TDs im almost certain bloom will suck.

- Armor is not good but 100mm side armor mean it can actually angle hull quite alot and possibly bounce something. It atleast can bait shots with side armor so there is that. 

- Mantle is 130 but im not sure if there is hole or 100mm armor behind it.

- Good view range, with good crew and optics it should reach max VR

What a weirdass tank, there is almost nothing that is quite as similar to it

EDIT: bloom is 0.22 / 0.22 / 0.15 or something according to wotnews, might be very well wrong tho

Also reason why it has 440 alpha is because it has same gun as SU-100Y (expect much higher pen) which also has 440 alpha

4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

2490 DPM. Tanks.gg claims skorp is 2513

tanks.gg is using the numbers you get with a 100% crew, not base values like we are with the T-103 stats

440 alpha at t8 is fine, it's not bl10 levels of bullshit but not even the 240 pewpew the jt88 has.

Nothing special tho, compared to a skorpion it still lacks mobility and probably camo (su100y is huuuuuge and has no camo, this won't be much smaller)..

You can play it in strongholds, which is a good thing when you think about the other RU premium TDs (100y and 122-44) and the fact that they can't really be played in SHs.

Not picking this one tho, my only Russian TD is the 263 and I don't really need a crew trainer.

12 hours ago, kunjuro said:

Photo:
7ab5e64417387e640978ccc8f70bdde2.jpg

Hey look its a box tank with more pen and dpm at tier 8

And mini oi turrets on the front

1 hour ago, garryallen said:

Hey look its a box tank with more pen and dpm at tier 8

And mini oi turrets on the front

KV-5 is jealous. 

and yet, still no American or British tier 8 TD...

6 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

440 alpha at t8 is fine, it's not bl10 levels of bullshit but not even the 240 pewpew the jt88 has.

Nothing special tho, compared to a skorpion it still lacks mobility and probably camo (su100y is huuuuuge and has no camo, this won't be much smaller)..

You can play it in strongholds, which is a good thing when you think about the other RU premium TDs (100y and 122-44) and the fact that they can't really be played in SHs.

Not picking this one tho, my only Russian TD is the 263 and I don't really need a crew trainer.

I reckon it's a matter of time until they give it 560 alfa and IS-3 bloom. Also the mantlet needs to be invulnerable or it isnt Soviet

14 hours ago, leggasiini said:

SEXY AS FUCK, I WANT ITTTT

7 hours ago, hall0 said:

another ugly tank :eww:

2HYbAKk.jpg

1 minute ago, Fianii said:

Symmetrical tits

That's like a straight upgrade over the O-Ho and KV5 for @leggasiini

But it doesnt have additional assboob like O-Ho

3 > 2

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0