leggasiini

THE ULTIMATE DREAM OF ALL US...IT ACTUALLY MIGHT BE POSSIBLE...

112 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

inb4 you find another reason to rage for the game and quit few days later :nanodoge::microdoge::minidoge::doge:

Kind of like what AW was trying to do with arty?

Probably. :bigdoge: 

Sing with me, if it's just today, maybe the good SerB will take arty away.....

Dream on, dream on, dream on

51 minutes ago, X3N4 said:

With the speed of Wargaming's decision making and development process the ETA of this might be what, 2025?

You're quite an optimistic person :MingLee:

30 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Would you come back if that were to happen, let's say this year? Or are you done with the game in general?

Regular playing, never. Life's too good to go back to this game. With arty out there's just some very very minor points left to fix anyway:

• atrocious maps
  • terrible balance
  • XMVXVMXVM
  • no real reason for elite players to play anything but WGL
  • shitty RNG tanks like the brit TDs

I'm sure there's more but I haven't played for so long that I actually forgot how bad this game is :oscar:

Are they still letting people join the sandbox server? I feel like I should apply to be a tester now so that I can voice my eloquent, well thought out, and totally not biased opinions *cough* about arty on their forums. I know the devs mostly listen to the RU base, but I think it would be worth a shot.

8 minutes ago, Whole_Nutmeg said:

Are they still letting people join the sandbox server? I feel like I should apply to be a tester now so that I can voice my eloquent, well thought out, and totally not biased opinions *cough* about arty on their forums. I know the devs mostly listen to the RU base, but I think it would be worth a shot.

If stunning doesn't work out as they wanted they have two choices :

1/ Remove arty (yeah verybody is happy, they still have to reimburse pretty much all arty player so would WG really want to do that ? Not sure)

2/ Keep arty has is. Do we really want that ? 

Has much as i would want to, the likeliness of arty getting remove is close to 0 (and no half drunk russian dev on a stream that no one has ever trust until now will ever change that). So honestly i think the stun mchanic is the best outcome of what arta might become.

I think the level of "annoyance" will skyrocket if arty gets the changes from sandbox.

Its like a debt collector. Either you pay full price (oneshot) once a year or you pay a monthly payment (splash and stun). It pretty much means being oneshot a game here and there or get fucked every game - multiple times. I dont buy crews and reskill for real money to have it wrecked by stun spammers. 

Ironicly its also a change that would make me play arty because I will know how to make the life real sour for everyone but campers. It will be for gloat purpose abd that purpose only. 

If I cant enjoy this changes I will make sure noone else does either. 

Arty might more annoying, it might become less annoying as in itself. However, for those who actually play arty in randoms for other reason than mission (aka clicker shitters) stunning arty wont be as much "fun" to play. They play arty because of ability to click massive nukes around map. For those stun arty is even less fun to play so my expect is that they move on other tanks. 

The stun mechanic rework should make arty overall more unpopular, expect maybe for BC 155 58...

Also, let me quote this post i posted sometime ago which explains why the removal is actually legit best possible option:

Getting rid of arty would allow basically fixing the main problems of the game.

Remove arty = opening up maps actually possible

More open maps = lights are more viable

More open maps = TDs are more viable and thus lights still got something to spot for

More open maps and less corridors = better chance to flank

Not being forced to fight HTs from front = gold spam unnecessary = gold could be fixed or even removed

Gold removed = HTs can now reliably tank

Would fix the gold ammo problem, map problem and arty problem. Game would be fucking significantly better. Lights scout, meds allround, TDs do damage, HTs tank. Just like it was intented.

Basically, key sentence for fixing the game:

REMOVE_ARTY_FROM_THE_GAME

So, no more pascucci medals? :feelsbad:

Jk, my body is ready. :epicsaxguy:

WG does not need to remove arty, just nerf it to hell soo most players would not bother to play it. Politically much easier choice, so they would not need to refund credits and xp etc.

Okay, then I read the other Q&A and our dream quickly became...
https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/23/wg-dev-stream-qa-23rd-march-2017/

" – Arty will splash much more tanks but kill less;
– There are thoughts to remove teamkilling or fight it somehow, there will be tests regarding this; "

If they do that, its GG. No teamkilling/damage and massive arty splash... A child would realise how bad this idea is.

The arty having increased splash is NOTHING new, thats the exact concept of "stun" arty. Significantly less damage and pen, no AP or HEAT, bigger splash, ability to stun and better accuracy.

Have you paid any attention to Sandbox news?

1 hour ago, sahtila said:

WG does not need to remove arty, just nerf it to hell soo most players would not bother to play it. Politically much easier choice, so they would not need to refund credits and xp etc.

They could also freeze out the tech tree, you can buy and play arty you've already researched, but no-one can research additional arties.

Remove arty from clan wars so that arty accounts don't become super valuable on ebay.

After a year, natural player attrition will make arty rare.

1 hour ago, sahtila said:

Like they need refund real money... 

Remove it, compensate for money and XP. Case closed. Now hull down tanks can play hull down, mediums and LTs drive safely. 

5 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Like they need refund real money... 

Remove it, compensate for money and XP. Case closed. Now hull down tanks can play hull down, mediums and LTs drive safely. 

That would be shitload of credits and xp for lot of players. Which could mean big drop of gold sales for months, which would mean bad bad quarterly financial numbers and setback to Serb's moon program. WG stockholders do NOT approve :)

3 minutes ago, sahtila said:

That would be shitload of credits and xp for lot of players. Which could mean big drop of gold sales for months, which would mean bad bad quarterly financial numbers and setback to Serb's moon program. WG stockholders do NOT approve :)

I don't think that would do much for gold sales. Also it's far better than handing out already collected money (in case of premium recall). 

Bite the bullet and remove it. ~1M exp for everyone :D 

30 minutes ago, sahtila said:

WG doesnt have stockholders, its a private company (they where delisted in 2012), and Big Boss Victor Kislyi, who founded the company and is CEO aproves big box tanks (he even wanted to restore the real maus, till #russia_1 tards ruined it (Serb is also shareholder afaik)

So no, they dont care in that regard, all they care for is how to keep there chicken with golden eggs alive, as soon as the numbers show that more people quit due to arty as there are arty players, Serb will nerfrape all arty players in the ass so hard, they will start buying Fort Knox gold packages to make it stop

(and EULA and so means NOTHING for WG, its their game, and their rules + you got compensated comrade!!)

ps: and the arty hate is far, far stronger as the whine about ``unfair treatment``, im willing to go full retard and get perma banned on official forum to participate in the biggest shit show the online forums ever saw, im barely ever visiting, but for this special occasion i will go full retard, all those ***** can ***** and get some ***** in their ass and i hope their mothers get ***** and ****** KURWA PEDALE JEBANY.

ps: or just remove tk penalty for arty and the player base will sort it out, 100% arty will get tked. every. single. game.

14 hours ago, leggasiini said:

^

everything would have been so much easier if they didnt bring arta in first place

Their way of thinking had to be amazing.

"- Ok, so we will add a new class that can shot over obstacles and from one red line to another. That's gonna solve problem with camping TDs and other tanks.

- You are genius, dude.

7 years later...

- I think that arty does not punish campers because they stay unspotted. Instead they shot first line tanks.

- You think? Ok, we'll check this right after we down tier Defender to VI tier with same stats"

10 hours ago, Sylvansight said:

Doesn't need a class for that - could just borrow the mechanic from that other mode (rampage?) where a player gets to make an arty shot as a bonus after accumulating enough damage / spotting or whatever.

8Ovam0d.gif

No, no no no no! It was one of the most retarded things ever. Multiple HE hits murdering modules and crew AND literally zero chance to avoid it while now you can at least fuck cancer's day with hiding.

EDIT: What happened to me on CT in Ramshit mode.

8fjIikg.gif

5 hours ago, Wessmen said:

Okay, then I read the other Q&A and our dream quickly became...
https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/23/wg-dev-stream-qa-23rd-march-2017/

" – Arty will splash much more tanks but kill less;
– There are thoughts to remove teamkilling or fight it somehow, there will be tests regarding this; "

If they do that, its GG. No teamkilling/damage and massive arty splash... A child would realise how bad this idea is.

With current ultra stupid modules dmg with HE bigger splash would kill or at least severely harm any active gameplay even more than big alpha. There is a group of tanks in a choke point. Right now arty will shit on some of them with mostly dmg and some destroyed modules. SB arty will take away less HP from them but it would hit them all and probably would eliminate enough of modules to cripple then entire flank. Now add artillery focus (let's say 3 arties) and you are all dead because your critical modules and crew members are disabled.

3 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

ps: and the arty hate is far, far stronger as the whine about ``unfair treatment``, im willing to go full retard and get perma banned on official forum to participate in the biggest shit show the online forums ever saw, im barely ever visiting, but for this special occasion i will go full retard, all those ***** can ***** and get some ***** in their ass and i hope their mothers get ***** and ****** KURWA PEDALE JEBANY.

So much siema :minidoge:

10 hours ago, leggasiini said:

More open maps = lights are more viable

I don't quite get this? Way less assisted damage to be farmed for lights without arty. 

5 hours ago, sahtila said:

and LTs drive safely

Getting shotgunned by arty sux when mopping up. But I feel relatively (emphasis on relatively) arty safe in my LTs early and mid game? And I'm shit compared to you two.

Don't get me wrong, I truly detest arty. But I think we're in a catch 22 at the moment. Can't live with it. But without a monumental rebalance of the game, something WG is clearly incapable of doing well, can't now live without it either. The removal of arty would equal a massive nerf to LTs in my view. Only a major map redesign to get your average TD player off the redline could compensate. And the thought of a line of Maus' spotting from mid on Prokhorovka...

6 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

ps: or just remove tk penalty for arty and the player base will sort it out, 100% arty will get tked. every. single. game.

Just made my day

39 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

I don't quite get this? Way less assisted damage to be farmed for lights without arty. 

Getting shotgunned by arty sux when mopping up. But I feel relatively (emphasis on relatively) arty safe in my LTs early and mid game? And I'm shit compared to you two.

Not when there is arty with a big splash radius. They don't need to hit you direct and you are often closest to arty and spotted early + not behind a building so you win arty focus no matter your xvm color

5 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

No, no no no no! It was one of the most retarded things ever. Multiple HE hits murdering modules and crew AND literally zero chance to avoid it while now you can at least fuck cancer's day with hiding.

EDIT: What happened to me on CT in Ramshit mode.

:D

I hear you, but with no arty at all, lots will just play hulldown tanks and stay in their little hole/dip farming damage until they get dug out at the end, which is in it's own way also a bit stupid.  At least with the few second warning mechanic you know you haven't been one-shot by someone with only 500 battles on their account.

Let's not forget this is the same company who had to cancel the entire Rubicon patch a few days before release because apparently stupid ideas need to be extensively tested on CT before being deemed stupid, even if anyone with a working brain behind their monitor can draw the same conclusion from 1-2min of reading. 

It's the same company who thought the Grille would need a buff after release because it would underperform.

Same company who is currently powercreeping tier 8 through premiums and completely leaving anything else at the same time. No small buffs, no overhauls. Just premiums that are flat out strongest in tier. 

How do you expect a company like this to open itself up to chargebacks when they'd rather have a dollar a day more than normal over a satisfied playerbase 

Now it'd be great but let's not pretend that the game doesn't frustrate the shit out of you even without the arty 

We'd all quit if we had something better to waste our time on

2 hours ago, Sylvansight said:

I hear you, but with no arty at all, lots will just play hulldown tanks and stay in their little hole/dip farming damage until they get dug out at the end, which is in it's own way also a bit stupid.

Type 5s man......

5 hours ago, Sylvansight said:

I hear you, but with no arty at all, lots will just play hulldown tanks and stay in their little hole/dip farming damage until they get dug out at the end, which is in it's own way also a bit stupid.  At least with the few second warning mechanic you know you haven't been one-shot by someone with only 500 battles on their account.

There are two ways to deal with hulldown tank - rush him or let him stay there and attack somewhere else. It's so easy that Tiger can rekt T29 almost every time.

I agree with Leggasiini if arty were removed it would allow the fixing of every other problem in this game, corridor meta would be instantly nerfed since even moving just 50-100m to somewhere that gets you shots on heavies' sides but is unviable due to arty shitting on you for all your hp would become viable, and I know I don't have many games in WoT but hull down tanks securing an area have mostly been a problem for me when you're unable to crossfire them due to arty forcing your whole force to cower in one small area.

So yeah remove all arty and you can indeed fix maps, corridor meta, and remove gold without much ill effect.