Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fulcrous

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

22 posts in this topic

Currently ~$30. Much more graphically intense than H1Z1 KOTK.
This is by the dude who pioneered battle royale in H1Z1 and Arma.

Minor bugs with sound/gameplay.
Spectacular visuals.
In early access.
Fun AF.
Discuss.
 
░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
░░░░░░█Battlegrounds▄▀▀░▐░░░
░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
░░░█▐ ░░▀░░░░░░▐░█░░░░░
░░▐█▐▄ ░H1Z1░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
░░░▀▀░▄▄▄▄▄░░▐▄▄▄▀░░░░░
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched shroud play this, I understood absolutely nothing :doge: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its closer to an ARMA 2 Battle Royale than H1Z1. H1 has a much faster and simpler gameplay where its all about getting in a car doing handbrake turns and shooting people in the head. 

Some things I like:

- You can choose where you want to drop into the map

- The variety of weapons and attachments is nice, not sure on the suppressor though.

- You spend a lot of time on foot, cars don't seem extremely common.

What I don't like:

- Optimisation is bad.

- The physics seems really clunky, the jumping animation looks fucking hilarious.

- Kar98k

 

The game has a lot of potential, really looking forward to seeing where it goes. However, right now I think its a little bit over-hyped and once that hype settles down we'll start seeing people complaining about the old issues we see in other games, laggy servers, hitreg, overpowered guns, vehicles, etc. Pretty glad we finally have a recognizable "competitor" for H1Z1 KoTK though, hopefully that see's both teams working hard to make their games as good as possible. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PityFool said:

Its closer to an ARMA 2 Battle Royale than H1Z1. H1 has a much faster and simpler gameplay where its all about getting in a car doing handbrake turns and shooting people in the head. 

Some things I like:

- You can choose where you want to drop into the map

- The variety of weapons and attachments is nice, not sure on the suppressor though.

- You spend a lot of time on foot, cars don't seem extremely common.

What I don't like:

- Optimisation is bad.

- The physics seems really clunky, the jumping animation looks fucking hilarious.

- Kar98k

 

The game has a lot of potential, really looking forward to seeing where it goes. However, right now I think its a little bit over-hyped and once that hype settles down we'll start seeing people complaining about the old issues we see in other games, laggy servers, hitreg, overpowered guns, vehicles, etc. Pretty glad we finally have a recognizable "competitor" for H1Z1 KoTK though, hopefully that see's both teams working hard to make their games as good as possible. 

 

 

The jumping is what turned me off the game,

Just looks retarded so i think ill stick to Dayz for a bit longer as frustrating as that game can be from time to time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i love how the whole hype thing has turned from Zombie survival to just KoTH games lol

I hadn't even heard of this game until like 3 days ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PityFool said:

Its closer to an ARMA 2 Battle Royale than H1Z1. H1 has a much faster and simpler gameplay where its all about getting in a car doing handbrake turns and shooting people in the head. 

Some things I like:

- You can choose where you want to drop into the map

- The variety of weapons and attachments is nice, not sure on the suppressor though.

- You spend a lot of time on foot, cars don't seem extremely common.

What I don't like:

- Optimisation is bad.

- The physics seems really clunky, the jumping animation looks fucking hilarious.

- Kar98k

 

The game has a lot of potential, really looking forward to seeing where it goes. However, right now I think its a little bit over-hyped and once that hype settles down we'll start seeing people complaining about the old issues we see in other games, laggy servers, hitreg, overpowered guns, vehicles, etc. Pretty glad we finally have a recognizable "competitor" for H1Z1 KoTK though, hopefully that see's both teams working hard to make their games as good as possible. 

 

 

Maybe like a For Honor effect, everyone was so hyped up and then the negativity started and everybody(at least on Twitch), left. It does look kinda fun tho, but at this point my potato of a PC couldn't handle it at playable frames I guess. :doge: If H1Z1 runs like ass already for me I can't imagine this game run any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

Maybe like a For Honor effect, everyone was so hyped up and then the negativity started and everybody(at least on Twitch), left. It does look kinda fun tho, but at this point my potato of a PC couldn't handle it at playable frames I guess. :doge: If H1Z1 runs like ass already for me I can't imagine this game run any better.

Yea that's my view on it, right now its just a huge hype train because its a new game for people who have been dealing with Daybreak's shit in H1Z1. But on the other hand if the Battleground devs can show that they're willing to make the changes that the game needs and not focus on shitty crates *cough* Daybreak *cough*, then I'm sure they'll gather a significant playerbase regardless. 

Battle Royale style games have been gaining a lot of interest especially with H1Z1's success... Maybe one day we'll get a triple A title for the genre... One can dream right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PityFool said:

Yea that's my view on it, right now its just a huge hype train because its a new game for people who have been dealing with Daybreak's shit in H1Z1. But on the other hand if the Battleground devs can show that they're willing to make the changes that the game needs and not focus on shitty crates *cough* Daybreak *cough*, then I'm sure they'll gather a significant playerbase regardless. 

Battle Royale style games have been gaining a lot of interest especially with H1Z1's success... Maybe one day we'll get a triple A title for the genre... One can dream right?

Hey, I'd fucking love to play a nice BR game which doesn't have fucked up hit reg, non chunky movement, actual working physics and optimization but as you've said one can dream. As long as Ubishit doesn't publish the game we're for the most part good. :doge: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

Hey, I'd fucking love to play a nice BR game which doesn't have fucked up hit reg, non chunky movement, actual working physics and optimization but as you've said one can dream. As long as Ubishit doesn't publish the game we're for the most part good. :doge: 

I actually like H1Z1's movement, its pretty smooth. Hitreg is trash though, and cities kill FPS lmao

Battlegrounds movement looks really bad to me...

Edited by PityFool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PityFool said:

I actually like H1Z1's movement, its pretty smooth. Hitreg is trash though, and cities kill FPS lmao

It kills my FPS regardless, I need to have it to absolute low and limit render distance so I can get some fps that isn't choppy as fuck. Maybe the 7700k in ~2 weeks will boost that fps, no idea how CPU/GPU intensive is H1Z1 to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Siimcy said:

It kills my FPS regardless, I need to have it to absolute low and limit render distance so I can get some fps that isn't choppy as fuck. Maybe the 7700k in ~2 weeks will boost that fps, no idea how CPU/GPU intensive is H1Z1 to begin with.

Well I've got i5 4690 and a 970 which gets me around 140 FPS out in the fields at 1500m render distance, when I'm in the cities I drop it down to 500 and I get a steady 90-100 FPS.

My friends playing Battlegrounds have stronger setups with 980ti's and 1070's but they say they struggle to manage 60 FPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PityFool said:

Well I've got i5 4690 and a 970 which gets me around 140 FPS out in the fields at 1500m render distance, when I'm in the cities I drop it down to 500 and I get a steady 90-100 FPS.

My friends playing Battlegrounds have stronger setups with 980ti's and 1070's but they say they struggle to manage 60 FPS.

140, I wish, with a 144Hz monitor with no adaptive sync I get eye cancer from even below 70~80fps really and I get like 50fps DansGame :doge: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PityFool said:

My friends playing Battlegrounds have stronger setups with 980ti's and 1070's but they say they struggle to manage 60 FPS.

That's the case right now. I play on the lowest except for textures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't they say that the next patch would be purely optimization? At least that's what I heard. And holy cow Twitch is just a flood of battlegrounds streams. Doesn't matter if they main CS, Overwatch, or even fucking Runescape, just about everybody is playing.

Summit was hitting 50k viewers at one point streaming battlegrounds, jesus fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing that irks me a lot right now is how my scopes get bugged (fully zoomed but no actual reticle).

Cost me a few top 1s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PUBG performance patch hit today.
It's glorious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this game. I love it more than nail polish, I swear to god!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first game that has kept me away from tanks for a long period of time. I love t but holy hell I suck at it.

The whole gear collection aspect is fun, the dying as soon I run into someone is not :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.