Sign in to follow this  
Darneepigoo

Save XP for new tier X light tank?

8 posts in this topic

From TAP

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/23/wg-dev-stream-qa-23rd-march-2017/

– If you have XP on for example the AMX 13 90, it will stay on tier 8. However, players will receive a tier 9 and 8 tank, and the crew will move to tier 9;

So saving XP on the current Tier 8 Lights won't transfer to the new 9s

4 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

From TAP

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/23/wg-dev-stream-qa-23rd-march-2017/

So saving XP on the current Tier 8 Lights won't transfer to the new 9s

Whelp, fuck, time to turn Accel Crew Training back on everything but the 132, then... fuck me.  That's about 100K of exp I have to convert, now. Edit: nearly 90K, on the RU, T49, and 54 Lt.  Guess I hadn't touched the 13 90 or 132 since I unchecked them.

So, then, owning the RU and the 13 90 will net you a new free tank, as they are getting new Tier VIII's for French and German Lights.  Chinese isn't moving up, just adding IX and X.

What's going on with the Soviet and two US light lines?  I see the LTTB and M41 are moving up... are they doing a tier jump somewhere, or is WarGaming looking to add lower tier Light tanks, much as they added lower tier arty... and if so, where?  (So that I can rebuy/start grinding XP in advance/earn ANOTHER free tank ^_^)

On 30.3.2017 at 2:48 AM, Errants said:

Whelp, fuck, time to turn Accel Crew Training back on everything but the 132, then... fuck me.  That's about 100K of exp I have to convert, now. Edit: nearly 90K, on the RU, T49, and 54 Lt.  Guess I hadn't touched the 13 90 or 132 since I unchecked them.

Based on the current values seen in CT, one is also able to use ~30k xp to elite the new German tier eight and ~35k to elite the new French tier 8.

On 30.3.2017 at 2:48 AM, Errants said:

Whelp, fuck, time to turn Accel Crew Training back on everything but the 132, then... fuck me.  That's about 100K of exp I have to convert, now. 

I have over 150k on 54 ltwt alone :)

Edit: I probably have almost half a million to convert

Heh, I know others that ground out 200k on all 5 lines... 1 million to convert.

On the other hand, this is what it looks like now on Test, assuming they keep with the current plan of exp sitting on the tier it was earned (which is different than EVERY other time they've done this).

RU-
Tier IV T-50 > Tier V T-50 - still from A-20, and leads to MT-25.
Tier VII LTTB > LTG - 20.6k exp for unique engine and tracks.  Top gun is LTTB's stock, so freebie there.  Shares the R-113 radio with most of the Soviet Tier VII-IX tanks.
MT-25 lost the autoloader.

DE-
Tier VIII Ru 251 > HWK 12 - 29.5k exp for unique engine and tracks, also has a unique turret at 15.4k exp, however it was researched.  Shares AN/GRC-7 radio with the Spah Pz 1 C and Ru 251.  Spah Pz now branches to the Indien-Pz.
VK 28.01 lost the 105 derp... Tazilion has rage quit the game.

US -
T37 and T21 both go through the T71, which branches to either the M41 Bulldog or T69.  M7 is now a light tank, get your medium exclusive medals on it while you can.  M5 Stuart is still a joke, with 2 37mm shitguns, but at least it only sees Tier VI tanks... like the O-I, T-150, Jumbo, AT-8...

FR-
Tier VIII AMX 13 90 > Bat-Chatillion 12 t - 34.6k exp for unique engine and tracks.  18k for unique 75mm, already unlocked, though I have all 3 tanks leading off of it unlocked and elite.  The 75mm 1000 m/s is better than the 75mm SA 50 (top gun for AMX 12 t and 13 75), but the stock 75mm 920 m/s is WORSE.  Shares the SCR 528F with most of the French Tier VII-IX tanks.
ELC keeps the 90mm, but it is now 120/150 AP/APCR, for 240 damage.  The 75mm do get higher DPM, and fully rotating turret, makes the ELC much more capable at anit-scout... but unsure how well it'll fare on harder targets.

CN-
WZ-132 also techs to WZ-132A, 133k exp.  WZ-132 lost the top 85mm.  WZ-131 does not get any 100mm cannons.  59-16 gets a single shot 76mm, similar DPM (+49) to stock 57mm, so if spamming SPrem, it is a choice of alpha or gun handling.

Whelp, this was just supposed to be an exp report, but then turned into more...  Guess I'll copy-pasta this over to the main thread.

At least thus far on test... 13 90 moved to 9 as a fully upgraded vehicle. XP stayed on the new tier 8. New tier 8 is not fully elited by default, so you have to use XP to upgrade it. So at least if you were storing XP on it you will have it fully upgradable. Crew stayed on the tier 8.