Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crapcannon

The M6A2E1 on sale for 24 hours!

28 posts in this topic

The M6A2E1 will be in the Premium Shop on April 1, 2017 for 24 hr only! No jokes! The Mutant will cost $89.99, so make sure to get yours before it returns to the murky depths.

So according to facebook this thing will be on sale soon for a stupid price. I'm guessing they'll bundle it with vert/vents/rammer along with gold.

Seems like the American version of the AMX M4 49 only slower. I've only encountered it a few times.

Preferential matchmaking of course. No tier X.

Here it is! Bundled as I expected.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/3764/

• VIII M6A2E1;
  • SLOT;
  • GOLD: 5,500;
  • CREDITS: 2,000,000;
  • PREMIUM ACCOUNT: 30;
  • IMPROVED VENTILATION CLASS 3;
  • VERTICAL STABILIZER MK 2;
  • LARGE-CALIBER TANK GUN RAMMER.

Looks like a true garbage.

- Gun is terrible and pen is beyond that.

- You are a heavy going to heavy corners with 198 pen...using gold ammo makes a premium tank purpose useless.

- big tall slow. Arty magnet. My FCM can be splashed from everywhere. Imagine this.

- side armor is null

- DPM is below avg. Alpha is not on par with a true heavy.

When a tank is garbage WG has two options: buff or make tier pref. Guess what.

Another WG moneysink.

3 minutes ago, Tankthief said:

- You are a heavy going to heavy corners with 198 pen...using gold ammo makes a premium tank purpose useless.

- big tall slow. Arty magnet. My FCM can be splashed from everywhere. Imagine this.

- side armor is null

Another WG moneysink.

I'm pretty sure they gave it pref a few years ago. 

When looking at pen, don't forget it's tall, so it can do silly things to roofs and upper plates.

4 minutes ago, CheekiBreeki_ said:

ITS

APRIL

FOOLS

:jebaited:

WG said:

World of Tanks The date makes it seem like we aren't serious but we totally are for this one!

9 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

WG said:

They can say whatever they want, who says that they have to be honest the entire time?

Dance says its legit, have to trust her.

The April 1st joke is that WG will actually do what they say they will.

WG doesn't need a April fools joke, Their game balance is already one :kappa:

Doing an april 1st joke in march is just gay.

Anyways, having played this tank before, it's not too bad at all, I'd just not drop $90 on it.  The AMX M4 '49 is more or less all around just a better tank, but without the pref MM.

I'm sure this thing is just an april's fools joke, and you're all going apeshit for it.

If not well damn fucking shit.

1 hour ago, Strigonx said:

I'm sure this thing is just an april's fools joke, and you're all going apeshit for it.

If not well damn fucking shit.

I don't think wargaming even has a sense of humour. It's probably too expensive for them

I've always wanted this tank. It's beautiful in its ugliness and US heavies are my thing. You can have your Liberte, I'll enjoy a slightly worse tank that doesn't have to endure the trash that is tier 10 gameplay.

Of course, I won't be getting it since it requires real money. I'll just have to wait and see if @CraBeatOff buys it on his dad account my test account. 

4 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

I've always wanted this tank. It's beautiful in its ugliness and US heavies are my thing. You can have your Liberte, I'll enjoy a slightly worse tank that doesn't have to endure the trash that is tier 10 gameplay.

Of course, I won't be getting it since it requires real money. I'll just have to wait and see if @CraBeatOff buys it on his dad account my test account. 

Meanwhile, my account is @CraBeatOff's test account...

War Gaming making it tough for me...........I really want this tank, but $90 is really high.........

Could definitely make some mucho dinerooo with that thing when I played it on a friends account

3 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Obviously I now regret the 49 as sheltered MM is invaluable, but I think there is a matter of principle here that even I can't justify

I have to agree with @CraBeatoff.  Never means never.  It is a matter of principle.  

This is a case where a rental mission/period would have generated more positive interest followed; up by an issue for sale of a slightly nerfed/rebalanced reskined version, that original pre-order players got for free...

On 3/29/2017 at 5:40 PM, Tankthief said:

- side armor is null

Another WG moneysink.

-Better pen than the IS-6/clones or SP, which would be the slot competition(pref mm brawler with solid frontal armor). 

-Pretty solid gun handling stats, in between the SP and IS-6. 

-Sure, the alpha is no 122, but it beats the pref 122s in pen by a healthy margin at that tier.  Same alpha as the Lowe, better than the Liberte, FCM, Patriot, and KV-5.  To say the alpha is not on par with a true heavy is just objectively wrong.  

-And height is both a positive and a negative.  Tall helps pen where this tank wants to fight, and it's got the gun depression to contribute.  Sure, arty magnet, but everything is an arty magnet these days. 

Is it a great tank?  No.  Is it a serviceable preferential premium that is still able to compete in the current meta?  Sure. 

Bought it.

The armour is alright but requires careful angling. Like the above said it is serviceable especially consider its pref mm, but the real pain for me right now is -10 backward speed.

Playing with 252s at closer range unless they get pissed and dump HE it has a fighting chance. One thing I am not certain is the gun mantlet, there seems to be a hole right next to the gun with only 229 spaced armour. The turret roof and cupola is reasonably.

M6 hull has its problem, the tracks go too far forward, meaning it cant go round a corner at any angle, or the drive wheel get smashed. Also means there is no way to overangle the tank to let the UFP/LFP bounce shots

Another M6 hull problem, engine fire.

Still not used to the tank but I am liking it. But like any other heavily armoured tank, big enough HE still going to break the stalemate. Like 252's 122mil HE will do about 150-200 dmg per shot.

This tank just screams overrated to me. Rather have the T26E5 and deal with tier 10s in all honesty.

I bought it :feelsbad:

It's :jebaited:

I have no self-respect. 

I had hardly play anymore.

I bought it.

It's wonderful.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0