lordawesome7

the 3 biggest issues of WoT are being addressed in one single patch

53 posts in this topic

in summary

1. MM won't have disjoint tier (ie 5 to 2 tier X's and 5 9's to 1)

2. arty stun mechanic is being introduced as the final attempt in balancing arty (if we go by the dev stream commentary)

3. light tanks will have their tiers re arranged to have it -2/+2 like any other tank type and thus will make tourneys more balanced overall (no more bulldogs in tier 7 tourney's for instance)

in more detail and my opinion:

just recently, the changes to artillery, MM AND tier X LT's are coming together in one big update

MM won't give disjointed tier MM anymore, light tanks will have better MM, and arty won't one shot most people anymore AND consumables are now rechargeable, which means tanks that get ammo-racked a lot like the 113 won't suffer as much as they used to from

overall im very excited and its nice to see the changes they promised get this close to coming

source (and even more details):

text:
http://worldoftanks.com/…/general-n…/update-918-common-test/

video :
https://youtu.be/haclBVtbDbM

someone could've made a more detailed thread, but im so hyped i figured i'd make one while on pumped and waiting to the CT to patch in (also, if this isn't in an okay thread, please move it, im still kind of new to this sub forum of WoT)

So arty-stun is coming next patch straight from SB?

:popcorn:

1 minute ago, Archaic_One said:

So arty-stun is coming next patch straight from SB?

:popcorn:

CT is up and live, moved from SB

3 biggest REAL issues:

1. Arty.

2. Lack of balance.

3. Shitters.

NO ARTY PROBLEM STILL NOT FIXD ARTY STILL IN DA GAEM ONLI WAE TO FIX IS REMOVAL

REMOVE ARTY REMOVE ARTA REMOVE CLICKERS REMOVE SPG REMOVE ARTILLERY

3 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

3 biggest REAL issues:

1. Arty.

2. Lack of balance.

3. Shitters.

1 and 2 are being addressed

3 is literally in any multiplayer game period

2 minutes ago, lordawesome7 said:

by balance he means retardely balanced tanks

such as maus, type 5, anything with mega high clip size/alpha/pen/armor p much

Really? Its coming in 9.18?

It should be called 10.0 in that case tbh. Or maybe 1.0 lol

Type 5 and Maus are gonna be fun with no arty to worry about and plenty of tier 8s to farm.

6 minutes ago, lordawesome7 said:

Lack of balance - just take a look on tier VIII and new prem tanks.

It's about letting shitters have an influence on WoT. Also giving them exp and credits for nothing so they get X tanks and make battles botfest.

19 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

Type 5 and Maus are gonna be fun with no arty to worry about and plenty of tier 8s to farm.

yeah those games are gonna be fucked... At least (hopefully) the majority of the games they'll see will be tier ten only since theres only 3 allowed to be top tier

53 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

With arties improved aim time, accuracy, rate of fire, splash radius and new ability to stun tanks. Those swarms of tier 8 tanks that drive out in the open to 'flank' are going to get shit on so hard.

1 hour ago, MacusFlash said:

3 biggest REAL issues:

1. Arty.

2. Lack of balance.

3. Shitters.

Arty needs to be removed.  If that happens maps will need readjustment to more balanced means (no mountain pass turtles for example)

Only lack of balance that I personally see is 25% rng.  Reducing RNG would benefit the game greatly but not to the point to where it doesn't keep the game interesting

Shitters are what makes us unicums/super unicums.  Let's be honest.  If teams were full of unicums on BOTH sides only @CarbonWard, Decha, @X3N4, @BrettK123, @Vetro, @Oxmathus would be super unicum at some level (first names that come to mind).  Shit they may be the ONLY unicums while the rest of us would be low blues/teals.

2 minutes ago, LudwigvonMises said:

Will i be a good player?

You're currently above the server average, however you are slipping win rate wise and damage wise.....but that could be you moving up to a different tier.  Keep the faith dude you just need to practice :) definitely not a lost cause.

2 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

Shitters are what makes us unicums/super unicums.

You are mistaken because you're talking about baddies - they're just bad players. Shitters know shit about game, its mechanics and rules but they're always right especially when saying "learn to avoid arty" or "IS-4 on IX tier was well balanced".

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

NO ARTY PROBLEM STILL NOT FIXD ARTY STILL IN DA GAEM ONLI WAE TO FIX IS REMOVAL

REMOVE ARTY REMOVE ARTA REMOVE CLICKERS REMOVE SPG REMOVE ARTILLERY

Just saw Legga get annihilated by enemy arty in his 50B. Yes you heard right... 50B. No nipponese bigtanku and immediately arty punishes :) oh the irony.

one things for certain, were going to need a lot of popcorn for the coming drama

11 minutes ago, TohtoriP said:

Just saw Legga get annihilated by enemy arty in his 50B. Yes you heard right... 50B. No nipponese bigtanku and immediately arty punishes :) oh the irony.

I loaded 50B with full APCR for keks...thats probably why i got punished, lmao

So instead of being mouthbreathed on for random 1 shots or 0 damage, I get to be arty de-buffed the entire game

PROBLEMS FIXED COMRADE 

1 minute ago, leggasiini said:

I loaded 50B with full APCR for keks...thats probably why i got punished, lmao

Good thing that I carried you to victory with my full AP 13 90 :P

8 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

So instead of being mouthbreathed on for random 1 shots or 0 damage, I get to be arty de-buffed the entire game

PROBLEMS FIXED COMRADE 

Hey at least medkits fix it and they will have a cooldown. Not ideal but Better than being randomly nuked from the sky imo.

33 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

Hey at least medkits fix it and they will have a cooldown. Not ideal but Better than being randomly nuked from the sky imo.

That only holds true until more than 1 arty decides to shoot you. Stunned, repair, then get stunned anyway. it's bloody annoying.

25 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

That only holds true until more than 1 arty decides to shoot you. Stunned, repair, then get stunned anyway. it's bloody annoying.

The stun mechanics basically take the crew and reduce the effective skill of the crew right? If so I hope they changed how repair speed works or the arty tracking could be really very painful. Do you know how much the crew is affected?

6 minutes ago, Inciatus said:

The stun mechanics basically take the crew and reduce the effective skill of the crew right? If so I hope they changed how repair speed works or the arty tracking could be really very painful. Do you know how much the crew is affected?

I think it depends on the hit, how close it was, or whether it was a direct hit or not. I think it goes to -50% maximum, I dunno. either that or they act like a dead crew member which is 0% IIRC