FavreFan4ever

AMX 13 105: The Budget Batchat

37 posts in this topic

Played a couple matches on the test server and this might actually be worth the 261k xp cost. Maybe it's just test server pubbies, but I did almost 3k dmg in my first game in it.

Pros:

-Good gun depression

-Decent camo

-415m base VR means that you can hit 460+ with a halfway decent crew

-Feels like a small Batchat

-27s base clip reload is comfortable

-Can mount a Vert. Stab (IIRC the French tiers 8 and 9 can too, not sure about the AMX 12t or the 13 75)

-Aimtime is less than interclip and I got mine down to around 2.16s

-Small size

Cons:

-Somewhat sluggish (high hp/ton but I'm guessing it's murdered by soft stats)

-Turns slowly (like many French high tiers)

-Limited clip potential

-High bloom even with a Vert stab.

I might be grinding this out on my account when it gets released, especially since the 13 90 at tier 9 got a nice pen buff at the expense of clip potential. I can see the French LT's becoming good hit-and-run assassins, and this thing was really fun to play. Besides, LT missions won't do themselves!

This tank looks like hot garbage, can't clip anything (even light tanks in its own tier, all it needs is 1 more shot on the tank really), accompanied by the worst tank traverse, worst hp/t ratio (outside of WZ-132-1, but that tank has a good reason for it, 200mm turret armor). Overall, this tank will do nothing that the BC25t can't already do, outside of spotting slightly better, but it doesn't really matter since the BC can just chase this tank down and kill it, whereas this thing can't, and probably can't run away in time.

I may be slightly biased since I hated the 13 90. Just a little.

Remember when 13 90 used to be tier 7? With the current meta it's hard to pen tanks reliably without gold but wg decided to up tier 13 90 once again...

Looks like a shit batchat that will never be used in any situation except to bring out of the garage to show 29 other people the mistake you made in getting it.

Despite its apparent shitness. It's small clip size and relatively short reload means it can take a massive dump on people relatively quickly, and its smolness and camo means you can passive/active scout well. I've been enjoyng it a lot in the CT.

They should just give it 4 shells a drum though, but 3 is workable.

Played it a bit. My second favorite behind the Sheridan w/105mm. Yeah you can't one clip anything but 24 sec reload doesn't ruin your game and there are so many situations where you aren't able to use all your shells in 6 shot autoloaders.

If you're looking at it strictly from the point of batchat vs amx105 then of course it seems pointless, just like RU meds vs t100 or m48 vs Sheridan. If youre looking to replace your meds with these then don't waste your time. However there are these things called fun and variety.

Tier 10 LTs are shitty mediums with OP view and camo. With 420 base view you can crack 530 view range and optics, comsumable and perks. Spotting meds at 450m will be the LTs advantage.

Plus. Doing 400dmg per hit. Thats serious alpha for small tanks.

I do think that the VR on the tier X LT's need to come down a bit, 430m base is just insane and even other LT's are getting spotted at longer ranges. Maybe 420 max like the Patton. The spotting system just feels weird with all the fast, nimble spotting machines running around.

One thing I'm unsure of is how popular LT's will be after the patch comes out. 

13 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

One thing I'm unsure of is how popular LT's will be after the patch comes out. 

People like going fast and these things have guns that aren't total garbage. Pubbies will like them plenty.

2 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

People like going fast and these things have guns that aren't total garbage. Pubbies will like them plenty.

As a lifelong pubby, I approve of this statement.

They look like fun. (Plus the AMX apparently has 8 degrees of gun depression)

Nah, unless all other tank classes get their VR nerfed significantly dropping the T10 light VR lower would just mean making them completely pointless...

3 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Keep those expected values down! I want mah marks

5 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

I do think that the VR on the tier X LT's need to come down a bit, 430m base is just insane.

2 hours ago, breeeze said:

Nah, unless all other tank classes get their VR nerfed significantly dropping the T10 light VR lower would just mean making them completely pointless...

And otherwise the 13 105 is just a Bad Baby Bat.

Virtually the same DPM as a bat. Only difference gun-wise is the superior gunhandling, largely more flexible clip, and boosting capabilities at the cost of 1v1 potential.

May be preferable over the bat due to the clip being easier to manage for less-experienced autoloaders.

Tldr

Great for pubs. Not so much in a competitive setting imo

I just want to know where this thing can climb!

60 games into the 13 105, and sitting at 70% WR/2.3k DPG, but it would probably be about 2.4-2.5k if I didn't go into a losing streak for the last 5 games with shit damage.

The tank is absolutely amazing, the combo of camo/speed/burst means that you can swoop in and kill/fuck over a lot of tanks fairly easily, and since inter-clip is only about 25s this means that you can keep doing this until everyone is dead.

The bad things to this tank is that it's absolutely fucked in a long-range engagement since the gun is rather derpy, you have to be extremely careful with your engagements since you only have a 3 round drum, and both of these combined means that you have to play like an absolute pussy if you're fighting anyone with more than 1k HP.

Well 2.3K would not give you 70% even for a T8 tank, and not even close for a T10, so it's actually a really lucky streak. :) Or platooned, but in that case WR has very little meaning as a measure of tank performance.I really hope TX lights are going to be distributed evenly to teams and not treated just as a normal TX tank, otherwise it's pretty much team with more lights = huge disadvantage on most maps.

1 hour ago, HS5 said:

Well 2.3K would not give you 70% even for a T8 tank, and not even close for a T10, so it's actually a really lucky streak. :) Or platooned, but in that case WR has very little meaning as a measure of tank performance.I really hope TX lights are going to be distributed evenly to teams and not treated just as a normal TX tank, otherwise it's pretty much team with more lights = huge disadvantage on most maps.

I know 2.3k isn't nearly enough for 70%, maybe 56-59%. I probably did just get lucky for 60 games, but whatever, the tank is still fun to play with :)

On 2.04.2017 at 8:11 AM, HS5 said:

Have in mind test server = a lot of superheavies so you spot A LOT. 

I suppose it's "budget batchat" only stats  as it costs 6-7 million credits just like all tier 10 tanks... :)

bump. I finished the grind yesterday, so expect at least some comments on how good/bad this tank is. Ideally I would like to 3rd mark it, but we'll see if it's even doable. Can't wait to get yoloed by other LTs cos I cant clip anything.

1 hour ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Can't wait to get yoloed by other LTs cos I cant clip anything.

Why would they do that. :doge: Also, gib feedback, so I can force myself to play the 1390.

47 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

Why would they do that. :doge: Also, gib feedback, so I can force myself to play the 1390.

13 90 is very, very good. especially in platoons. my overall wr in it is 73%

So having played +20 game in the AMX 105, I have some initial thoughts:

-Top speed and overall mobility is good, however turning speed and not pivoting(?) chassis feel clumsy

-Ammo capacity is too low. Most of the games I run out of APCR, or HEAT and I'm forced to shoot a round I wouldn't want to for the rest of the game. 

-Camo is fantastic and I'm amazed time and time again how I can shoot targets at 300m and not get spotted. My 105 has 473m of VR, which means I'm the one who outspots the enemy so I'll have that advantage almost always.

-Clip potential is on the low side, just a nuisance in the early game, but fine when cleaning up. But not gonna lie, making a full clip and roll for less than 1k isn't fun. This should be adjusted. I'm ok with the alpha but give the tank instead 4 rounds, instead of just 3. It's too easy for people to yolo you with like 1,2k HP. It always should be dangerous to go after french autoloaders alone.

-Clip reload is fine, I've rarely ran into situations where I would like to engage, but I'm still on reload.

-Carrying capacity is close to nil, at least in most maps. You don't have the damage output, or stopping power to hold flanks with brute force nor the fear factor to lock down lanes with just your presence. However if the maps is open enough (Derpenberg, Malinovka) you can easily maneuver and play vision games to wear the enemy down. 

Overall, I think the tank is okey-ish at the moment. Like the title suggests, it's pretty much a discount Bat Chat with it's limited firepower, but other good features are there, or even better in the 105. I'm pretty critical about the tank, but that's cos I see the potential and little tweaks could make it very good. I would rate the tank in its current form at 7/10. I'm gonna continue playing it in the future and at least see where the expected values are for 3rd marking it.

ps. One interesting thing I noticed yesterday. During prime time on EU2 not too many people were playing tier10 LTs so I was most of the time the only top tier LT in the game.

pps. Shout out to @TAdoo87 so he wont miss this.:)

Based on my two games on the test server, I expected something like this. I am going to grind it, but not in the near future. I realized paper tanks should not be my priority, since I suck at the game and can't make them work in the current meta.

18 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

pps. Shout out to @TAdoo87 so he wont miss this.:)

Thanks!