FavreFan4ever

AMX 13 105: The Budget Batchat

37 posts in this topic

My opinion on this tank:

Was sceptical about it after the nerf bat hit it hard, decided to give it a try anyway after getting the sheridan.

Ho-Lee Shit it's good!

 

let's start with the most important thing in a light: camo and vision.

390 base view range, that goes to 477 with my current loadout, and currently 33.25% camo.

It's more than enough to outspot pretty much anything but a T-100 LT or a fully kitted swedish TD.

It's also relatively small, hard to hit when moving at full speed or when evading the enemy.

 

Next is mobility: it's good, after playing the t100 it feels a little sluggish, but overall it's a really nimble tank.

I suck at climbing and boosting so i can't really tell if this tank can do it.

 

Here comes the bad part: Firepower.

While i really love the short clip, the sweet 24.28s clip reload and the good gun handling, i found that the ammo count is too fucking low.

30 shells with 360 alpha is simply abysmal, when the batchat doubles its potential damage by only having 30 more alpha.

I'm totally fine with 360 alpha, it actually adds more variety to this game, but i find retarded to do do 3k damage, look at the remaining shells and start sweating because you only have 5 left.

I know WG can't balance anything properly, but come on, why nerfing ammo capacity along with alpha?

Light tanks will never replace mediums, so why spend months balancing them on Sandbox and then wasting all that work by nerfing everything?

/rant

 

Overall it's a really good tank, capable of doing mighty things in late game scenarios.

 

 

It also gave me LT 15.4 on Malinovka, after failing hard in my other 2 t10 lights (sheridan and t100)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, few weeks old, what's opinions on this now? Is it worth buying? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.06.2017 at 11:46 AM, Copeyhagen said:

So, few weeks old, what's opinions on this now? Is it worth buying? 

Nope. 3 shot clip makes sense in a skoda with super short intraclip. Here the intraclip is too long for the small clip so you end up shooting once and then wanking in some bush since in t10 too many people can snap you. For late game you still have too little accuracy and pen and clip potential to really influence the game. It's a decent spotter though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck this tank. T49 is more accurate than this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To anyone that has it. Any advice on dealing damage? I am for now runing a horrible 1800dpg and I have no idea how to increase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This tank has a couple things holding it back from being decent.

First, the accuracy is awful. If you pull a nice flanking move, get the side of an enemy from 100m away, and position yourself to get the entire clip off, you shouldn't be hitting one out of three shells. Give it .35 or something like that. The trash penetration already limits the red line capability of the tank.

Second, the effective DPM is awful. Mediocre penetration and bad accuracy makes it much harder to actually pen shots. 2.67s within clip reload means 5.5 seconds of exposure so it can be pretty dangerous to actually sit long enough to get all your shells off. I often find myself with one or two still in the clip when changing the drum. 

Third, even if you can land an entire clip, 1080 potential damage doesn't even clip out most tier 8s. This massively limits your ability to assassinate tanks which is what Bats are good at to begin with.

Fourth, 1400 HP is terrible at this tier.

The supposed upcoming buff of 390 alpha per shot should be a good start. It desperately needs an accuracy buff and could really use either a hit point buff or reduced exposure time via intraclip reload buff. Then you might at least have a fun alternative to a Batchat for pubbing. As it is, playing the 13 105 and then playing a Batchat makes you realize how bad the 13 105 is by comparison.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:12 PM, hazzgar said:

To anyone that has it. Any advice on dealing damage? I am for now runing a horrible 1800dpg and I have no idea how to increase.

I'm at 19 games, 3200 DPG although I expect that to drop over time. Probably the most important thing is staying alive; it's super easy to die quickly or get so low on health that you can't get more clips off. Do this by:

  • Avoiding direct fights. Positioning is key; don't put your tank in the path where any enemy might go.
  • Don't feel the need to use all three rounds. Sometimes just getting one off and forcing the clip is better. You just can't take many hits.
  • Run away. Lots. If a fight doesn't favor you, don't be afraid to spend the next minute driving to the other side of the map.
  • Only expect to hit 2 out of 3 shells. If you're going for an assassination, make sure you have an exit strategy if you can't finish him.
  • Count tanks! You should be doing this in every game, but with lights in particular you can't afford to be the one finding the missing Grille in the back. Counting lets you know when you can afford to go deep and flank.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

 

I'm at 19 games, 3200 DPG although I expect that to drop over time. Probably the most important thing is staying alive; it's super easy to die quickly or get so low on health that you can't get more clips off. Do this by:

  • Avoiding direct fights. Positioning is key; don't put your tank in the path where any enemy might go.
  • Don't feel the need to use all three rounds. Sometimes just getting one off and forcing the clip is better. You just can't take many hits.
  • Run away. Lots. If a fight doesn't favor you, don't be afraid to spend the next minute driving to the other side of the map.
  • Only expect to hit 2 out of 3 shells. If you're going for an assassination, make sure you have an exit strategy if you can't finish him.
  • Count tanks! You should be doing this in every game, but with lights in particular you can't afford to be the one finding the missing Grille in the back. Counting lets you know when you can afford to go deep and flank.

 

Something is seriously wrong with me since I know those things. The thing is I still suck at it. Maybe I suck at flanking, finding good shooting positions and loosing enemy tank focus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tier X 13-105 meets Tier 9 BC 25 tAP in a dark ally., guess which one leaves alive.

I am desirous of a tier X LT and I am closest to this and the T100 - would I be correct in assuming that the T100 is a superior tank?  I guess I'll need to ram one huh?  Otherwise I have had decent success in the french LTs.  The thing about this that really scares me is an end game where I need to kill two arty . . . with only three shells . . . wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Load HE and pray for a high damage roll on either the first or the last shell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Tier X 13-105 meets Tier 9 BC 25 tAP in a dark ally., guess which one leaves alive.

I am desirous of a tier X LT and I am closest to this and the T100 - would I be correct in assuming that the T100 is a superior tank?  I guess I'll need to ram one huh?  Otherwise I have had decent success in the french LTs.  The thing about this that really scares me is an end game where I need to kill two arty . . . with only three shells . . . wtf?

T100 because that one has amazing bloom and also the t7 heavy accuracy doesn't fuck you so hard in a non autoloader. Missing in a 0.42 acc tank is common so late game 3 round autoloader is often a negative not a positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the more repays I watch, the more I realize there are not very many 13-105 replays to watch . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5.09.2017 at 11:09 PM, Archaic_One said:

Yeah, the more repays I watch, the more I realize there are not very many 13-105 replays to watch . . . 

Ilia Red Doesn't have a few? Though he still seems to feature it the least from all t10 lights. T100LT can't hit shit also like the 105 but super shit final accuracy on a soft tank works really bad with an autoloader. On the t100 you can also spot better thanks to spaceship camo and low profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.