SlyMeerkat

Question: What Exterior Options Do You Use The Most?

Exterior Poll Vote   57 members have voted

1. 1. What Exterior Options Do You Use The Most?

2. 2. What Lenth Of Time Do You Set It For?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

So this question came to mind and thought it would be an interesting one to ask on the forums and make poll about it to see how many use the given choices, basically when entering the exterior tab, what out of the 3 options do you put on your tank the most, is it just the Camouflage or Camouflage with Emblems or use all three and put on Camouflage, Emblem and Inscriptions and if so which length of time do you have them on for, 7 Days, 30 Days or Unlimited?

For example, I myself mostly use just the Camouflage because that does give something in return where as Emblems and Inscriptions dont and so just go for them when on sale and all options are put on for Unlimited.

I have 35K gold. if I buy camo its always permanent. also I have like a million reward camos so yeah.

emblems? not really. I usually prefer the historical ones. most of the time they look better. 

inscriptions, I got a few free ones so I put them on my tanks, and when I had like 45K gold I bought a few extras for a couple tanks but other than that nah.

emblems/inscriptions don't do anything or give any bonuses, so theres no point in spending gold on them. camo gives the bonus so thats worth it.

Posted (edited)

I never buy emblems or inscriptions. Rationale being it's hard to get the aesthetic pleasure of seeing it on your own tank, 9001% of the time I'm seeing my tank in first person or 3rd from behind anyway.

Camo however is easily seen, plus it has a practical in-battle benefit. So that goes on tanks that can use it the most (keeper lights and keeper scouty mediums) and for pure aesthetics, on my T10s.

Camo is always purchased with gold because keepers and T10s are never sold in my garage.

YMMV

Now that you made me think, I could put 7 day camo on my non-keeper lights and non-keeper scouty mediums if I am speed grinding through them. Too bad I have already ground out all the medium and light lines (inb4 patch 0.9.18)

Edited by Fianii

Need more green digital camo

camo + perma will probably be everyones choice since all tier 10s for CW will have it, all peoples keeper tanks will have it and it provides a benefit, especially to my JPE (CW digital makes it go faster).

I have no need to buy emblems since WG gives me a shit tonne of them anyways which i just apply on whatever i fancy. Inscriptions i put on if i really really like the tank and am bothered to look for one/have a juxtaposing inscription for the humour/got it for free. 

So really i only spend my gold on camo. 

Anything not a heavy, perma camo at 50% off. Heavies, not worth bothering with unless that super rare 70% camo sale happens again. Inscriptions and emblems, bleh. I wanted a custom, nice looking emblem on all my tanks so I made a clan, though eventually the novelty wore off and I disbanded it.

I do occasionally buy the 30 day camo on a tank that I am grinding but not keeping that will benefit from it (baby BC, tier 7 LTs, TDs, etc).  I don't bother on tanks that don't need it that I'm not keeping.  Once a tank has been designated a 'keeper' in my garage, regardless of tier or class - it gets perma camo.

all my tanks have perma camo, but bought on discount.

I buy perma camo, and insignia for any tanks I deem "keepers" (premiums and tech tree that stick around).

I buy 7 day camo for tanks I'm grinding/bought for tournaments, and will grab the 30 day on camo sales for the same reason.

I have had/still have mostly high tier tanks, and all of them got permanent camo for summer/winter/desert. And a lot of the tanks have reward camo, since I've gotten a lot of new tanks after I played my 1st campaign. 

I buy camo with gold for keepers/premiums, I also buy a few inscriptions with gold (hilarious ones, like "lead magnet" or shit like that).

I don't mind spending a few shekels on aesthetics, they don't do anything, they just make your teammates laugh/cry.

+ One of the Russian summer camps looks really close to MultiCam, which is my main airsoft camo <3

On 02/04/2017 at 4:32 AM, Archaic_One said:

I do occasionally buy the 30 day camo on a tank that I am grinding but not keeping that will benefit from it (baby BC, tier 7 LTs, TDs, etc).  I don't bother on tanks that don't need it that I'm not keeping.  Once a tank has been designated a 'keeper' in my garage, regardless of tier or class - it gets perma camo.

I ground out the entire french light line just buying 7 day Camo, I went from ELC - 13-75 with a week camo each and finished the grind of all 3 before their weeks worth ran out, so yeah. The 13 90 took a few more repurchases though since I slowed down the power grind of it a bit.

I spend gold on camo for my keepers. I also buy lots of Union Flags for pretty much every tank I have and 'God Save the Queen' inscriptions when I can. I always use the purple beetroot desert camo on every British tank in my garage.