UrQuan

For folks wondering 'Can High Caliber be awarded more then once in a game?': The answer is: 'Yes'

17 posts in this topic

I just had an odd game that ended up awarding two High Calibers, so thought it would be neat to let the good folks at WoTLabs know it could be done. Me & my toonbuddy both did identical amount of damage & kills, but our experience gained was different, so it doesn't look at that (unlike some other awards) & just awards both people the award when there's no clear winner.

The replay: Double High Caliber game (Warning, does not contain High Skill gameplay, just noobs charging in like mad & it somehow works)

vTGBtlp.jpg

24 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

wat :look: 

I wonder if it works for other medals like Steel Wall

It does. They changed it several patches back to allow multiple people who fufill the requirements to get the medals.

3 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

It does. They changed it several patches back to allow multiple people who fufill the requirements to get the medals.

Thanks, I missed this change. In the grand scheme of things it won't change much, but for the rare game like this, it's a great & fun addition.

8 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

loose.

loose = was not tight
lose = did not win

I thought wotlabs was meant to be a haven from this kind of thing.

9 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

After looking at that score card I have to say that it looks like the majority of both teams put their utmost effort into ensuring that their respective teams would loose.

Or both teams were just extremely bad...considering its tier 5 on EU server

Seriously, if you have XVM...your eyes will bleed from the amount of bright red color. Its not even that rare that you are only non-red player in the entire battle at tier 5.

Nothing new here for EU tier 5 :P

25 minutes ago, FurryLionBalls said:

loose = was not tight
lose = did not win

Well international community, not everyone speaks native english unfortunatelly (me neither, so sorry for obvious and offensive and primal mistakes etc.) :feelsbad:

41 minutes ago, Machiav said:

Well international community, not everyone speaks native english unfortunately (me neither, so sorry for obvious and offensive and primal mistakes etc.) :feelsbad:

Sorry, totally just being friendly and needed a ;) at the end of it because I forget some of you don't know me from another random grammar nazi! I typed it like that for understanding rather than to seem critical. Sorry if I came across as an asshole.

Technically you got the same ammount of xp as your friend, but because TDs (and cancer) have an xp reduction multiplier by default, you ended up with slightly lower xp.

Actually did we ever know what the exact percentage was? If not this example will let us calculate it perfectly.

6 hours ago, FurryLionBalls said:

loose = was not tight
lose = did not win

WoTLabs is not immune from the effects of my phone's auto correct.

5 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Or both teams were just extremely bad...considering its tier 5 on EU server

Seriously, if you have XVM...your eyes will bleed from the amount of bright red color. Its not even that rare that you are only non-red player in the entire battle at tier 5.

Nothing new here for EU tier 5 :P

Sounds just like tier 5 on NA.

5 hours ago, Flaksmith said:

Technically you got the same ammount of xp as your friend, but because TDs (and cancer) have an xp reduction multiplier by default, you ended up with slightly lower xp.

Actually did we ever know what the exact percentage was? If not this example will let us calculate it perfectly.

It has been removed like 2 years ago or more.

9 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

It has been removed like 2 years ago or more.

Patch 8.6, so almost 4 years ago :P

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/guide/release-notes/release-notes-86/

• Removed decreasing coefficients of XP received from dealing damage with TD or SPGs. TDs will receive 33% more XP from damage, while SPG owners will notice a 50% boost in the same parameter.

(i had 800 or so avg exp with ISU, from: it went from: ahmagad i are #1 ISU player to underwhelming

ps: and my SU-122-44 game ALSO got ruined by this, i got 3k exp BEFORE WG buffed the exp for damage with 33%, it would have between 3300 and 3600 exp, making it truly an OP game (and ofc my shiny medal got stolen by a KV...)

shot_102.jpg

shot_103.jpg

shot_104.jpg

So then the difference must be due to spotting damage. I'm surprised though, I never knew that was ever removed.