Sign in to follow this  
Tankthief

Save XP to tier9 LTs

12 posts in this topic

I have heard that all Tier8s will be going to tier9s so we will have the Tier9 LTs....except the Chinese tree? Do we have to save XP on the WZ-132?

http://tanks.gg/v0918ct/techtree/china

Why grind the WZ now if you can grind the buffed version next patch?

It is only worth grinding the current tier 8 lights if you want to unlock a tier 9 which you can´t do next patch anymore (i.e T54E1 from T49, Leopad PTA from the RU 251 and T-54 from the T-54 Lightweight) because as soon as the patch rolls out all exp you grinded on those 3 tier 8s will be useless (except for converting to free exp)

The WZ-132 and the AMX 13 90 are not affected by this since you will still be able to unlock the current tier 9s from the tier 8 in addition to the new lights.

So wait, I'm currently grinding both the 13 90 and the RU251 for AMX and Leo respectively. Should I powergrind through the RU then before the patch hits?

Yes, after the patch hits you can only grind the Leopard from the Indienpanzer so the exp you grinded so far will be wasted.

The exp you already grinded on the 13 90 on the other hand will stay on the new tier 8 from which you will still be able to unlock the AMX 30 and the Batchat 12t (and the AMX 13 90 which you will get for free anyway)

Cheers for the info. My up-tiered 13 90 will then have 0 XP on it?

We got an estimate for when patch-day is?

All exp will stay on the tier 8, though I´m pretty sure you will have all modules unlocked for free on the tier 9.

Patchday is probably some day at the end of April.

6 hours ago, Fabunil said:

Yes, after the patch hits you can only grind the Leopard from the Indienpanzer so the exp you grinded so far will be wasted.

The exp you already grinded on the 13 90 on the other hand will stay on the new tier 8 from which you will still be able to unlock the AMX 30 and the Batchat 12t (and the AMX 13 90 which you will get for free anyway)

i'm not taking any chances, i've almost got enough EXP to unlock the AMX 30 anyways, and i'm focusing on the RU251 to unlock the Leo PTA before the end of April

Apart from whats been described above, there is another (albeit small) case where XP on the current tier 8 has a point:

The Ru251 will move to tier 9, and on tier 8 the new HWK 12 will be introduced. If you had the Ru 251 researched already, then most of the HWK 12 will also be researched, except for its tracks and engine (top turret and gun it will have).

So, if you save 29.500 XP on the Ru 251 before the patch, this will be moved to the HWK 12, and will be sufficient to elite it by researching said tracks and engine, and will save you grinding the semi-stock HWK 12 or using free XP.

14 hours ago, Fabunil said:

The exp you already grinded on the 13 90 on the other hand will stay on the new tier 8 from which you will still be able to unlock the AMX 30 and the Batchat 25t AP (and the AMX 13 90 which you will get for free anyway)

fixt

I do not have french tanks myself, but based on what I have seen on the CT for the Germans, the "brand new tier 8" BC 12t will likely only have those modules researched which are directly on the "module line" leading to tier 9 tanks you already have researched (e.g. AMX 13 90, AMX 30, BC 25t AP) - in this case the guns.
This will likely mean that if you want to elite the BC 12t, you will need XP on it for the engine and tracks, just like the HWK 12.
So, all in all, if you have an AMX 13 90 now, the XP on it will be shifted to the BC 12t, and can be used for the following:

• 34.600 to elite the BC 12t (engine, tracks)
  • 198.000 to BC 25t AP
  • 197.300 to AMX 30

Pick from the above what you need.

On 4/5/2017 at 1:24 PM, Fabunil said:

Why grind the WZ now if you can grind the buffed version next patch?

It is only worth grinding the current tier 8 lights if you want to unlock a tier 9 which you can´t do next patch anymore (i.e T54E1 from T49, Leopad PTA from the RU 251 and T-54 from the T-54 Lightweight) because as soon as the patch rolls out all exp you grinded on those 3 tier 8s will be useless (except for converting to free exp)

The WZ-132 and the AMX 13 90 are not affected by this since you will still be able to unlock the current tier 9s from the tier 8 in addition to the new lights.

how is it a buff? i like'd the 85mm it gets, which is being removed for unknown reasons

Probably stupid and missing something already posted- but do we have to buy the Leopard PTA before the update if we ground it from the RU ?

I have it unlocked, but I haven't purchased it, will I still have it unlocked after teh update or will I have to grind it from the Indien?

16 hours ago, lordawesome7 said:

how is it a buff? i like'd the 85mm it gets, which is being removed for unknown reasons

Better gunhandeling on the 100mm, beter mobility and most important of all the MM droped by 1 whole tier.

1 hour ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Probably stupid and missing something already posted- but do we have to buy the Leopard PTA before the update if we ground it from the RU ?

I have it unlocked, but I haven't purchased it, will I still have it unlocked after teh update or will I have to grind it from the Indien?

The leotard will still be unlocked and buyable in the techtree.

Sign in to follow this