robosapieo

Green shitter in a Patton vs OMNI member in a BC

13 posts in this topic

http://wotreplays.com/site/3495042?secret=7ca3bdfdd6301fc35801b6251a7962d6

I'm quite proud of how well I was able to do in this battle, considering the bad start I had.But ofc there's always room for improvement, which is why I'm posting this here. I knew the instant I got spotted and was being shot at by the B-C that he was a filthy unicorn, then I looked at his clan tag and it was pretty much confirmed. I knew he had the viewrange and camo advantage on me so I tried to avoid his line of fire and focused on taking out the other enemies. My trades against the T8s could have been better, but I don't believe that's what lost me the game. What more could I have done? ( I don't have BIA and I'm currently running vents instead of optics. I usually run food on the Patty but I've been short on creds lately so I didn't use it for this battle)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To start off I feel like your post has more salt in it than sarcasm, which I think is why you got the neg rep.

 

So the gist of my criticism was exactly what you mentioned, the bad trades in the beginning, and too much aggression/risk taking which led to you being too weak to do much late game.

In the very beginning, the batchat knocked a shot off of you because of your shortcut. The biggest tip I hear from top players is that you always have to analyze your opponent before the game starts. when you know the enemy has a superior scout tank and is a high level player it is wise to take caution and go the way the IS-3 did, especially when your allies are already gonna take up any forward position you want before you.

You then kind of tunnel visioned and poked out in a place that was open to the bchat from where he shot you the first time.

You tunnel visioned again, and got punished because you were sitting on top of the hill there, which is why the STA shot you.

The engagement with the lowe was not very ideal, since he was almost hulldown. during those times I think you have to sit back and see where else you can go, or maybe support your teammates if they do something crazy, but there was no need to play peek a boo with the german, though you got away with it.

The shot you took from the lowe by crossing was worth it I think, since you managed to destroy them by doing so, so nice job on that.

The trading and generally the plays around where you shot at the conqueror were extremely risky, especially so when you were already a 2 shot. You only took 1 shot for 1, which is bad, but it could have easily turned uglier if the batchat for example took notice of how you were poking around.

It is only at this point when you realize you will die soon when you start playing a lot more carefully. This is the playstyle that should have been taken when you were a two shot.

I thought you were going to die when you pushed the forest in the far north west. It doesn't make sense, especially since you not only have inferior view range, but are also a one shot, and have no teammates to take advantage of what you find in there. If absolutely necessary, it is more effective to poke in carefully.

good plays shooting at the mediums, you did a great job there.

At the moment you died, I realize you may have been in a panic, but I think your most likely chance of survival would have been to use your teammate as cover rather than running to the side. It would have been more complicated for the object to kill you if he had to avoid a jagtiger, who he could not shoot due to the fact that you would simply pop out and shoot back.

 

 

That's all I saw. I'm nobody special, so take others reviews to heart more than mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, yuryi said:

To start off I feel like your post has more salt in it than sarcasm, which I think is why you got the neg rep.

 

I apologize if I seemed salty. I really wasn't though. I even sent a message to the BC after the battle praising him for how well he played lol. Thanks for the help aswell.

SRfwfAD.jpg

@Gr1nch_1 @tesarpaul @Hoarce GIMME BACK MY FAKE INTERNET POINTS :frenchy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, robosapieo said:

I knew he had the viewrange . . . 

You're in a Patton, you should not be getting outspotted by anything.  If you are not going to play the tank to its strengths then you're going to be gimped pretty hard.  Pattons should not get kited . . . :facepalm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Archaic_One said:

You're in a Patton, you should not be getting outspotted by anything.  If you are not going to play the tank to its strengths then you're going to be gimped pretty hard.  Pattons should not get kited . . . :facepalm: 

I don't have the viewrange skills fully trained yet and am running vents instead of optics (I had them lying in my depot so I decided to put them on. Didn't have creds to buy new EQ.) and, as I said, I wasn't running food. So yeah. FeelsBadMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, robosapieo said:

He had 3 gun marks. He must be good :kappa:

For which he most likely paid Kolni to grind for him:MingLee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

You're in a Patton, you should not be getting outspotted by anything.  If you are not going to play the tank to its strengths then you're going to be gimped pretty hard.  Pattons should not get kited . . . :facepalm: 

pretty much this

 

vision is the pattons forte and if you aren't utilizing it you may as well be playing another medium (aside from that comfy gun handling <3)

do yourself a favor and get optics, do you have optics on anything else? definitely consider moving them to the patton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RC_Tank said:

vision is the pattons forte and if you aren't utilizing it you may as well be playing another medium (aside from that comfy gun handling <3)

do yourself a favor and get optics, do you have optics on anything else? definitely consider moving them to the patton

I'm gonna be serious for a moment here:

I don't think I have optics in the Patton, since with the very good base VR, vents, skills and cola you can easily hit 460m VR. Which is more than enough. With the god awful camo of the Patton you're not gonna be the king of vision games anyways in my opinion. I rather take a bit better everything with the vents.

That being said, I cant for the life of me 3rd mark the tank, so maybe and very likely I can't utilize all the strengths the tank can offer...:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-04-12 at 1:31 PM, SaintLaurentius said:

I'm gonna be serious for a moment here:

I don't think I have optics in the Patton, since with the very good base VR, vents, skills and cola you can easily hit 460m VR. Which is more than enough. With the god awful camo of the Patton you're not gonna be the king of vision games anyways in my opinion. I rather take a bit better everything with the vents.

That being said, I cant for the life of me 3rd mark the tank, so maybe and very likely I can't utilize all the strengths the tank can offer...:facepalm:

run optics and have fun spotting lights at 400m and bushed heavies at max vr OpieOP

 

you can always ask carbon, the only guy i've seen who managed to run 500+vr and still not get 2 avg spots per game :serb: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.4.2017 at 6:01 AM, RC_Tank said:

pretty much this

 

vision is the pattons forte and if you aren't utilizing it you may as well be playing another medium (aside from that comfy gun handling <3)

do yourself a favor and get optics, do you have optics on anything else? definitely consider moving them to the patton

I do not play much meds atm but I run optics on everything apart from sledges with especially dubious gun-handling like the STB-1.
Even then I dont run Vents, a much overrated equipment IMO. 
If in a Patton you get Prok or Mali you have potential to have sublime vision-games, a reminder of the glorious past and fun.
After 15 corridor maps in a row that can be somewhat soothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.