Tankthief

Tier X Lights Nerf, LT Armageddon?

71 posts in this topic

Gotta shorten engagement ranges in these city maps. far too much camo sniping in all these non-existent bushes.

I honestly cannot see any justification to call these tanks 'Tier Xs' at this point.  Comparing a current tier 8 LT to its nerfed tier X counterpart, I don't see a reason to spend the credits or XP.  Bad dpm, pen, dispersion, VR, ammo counts, alpha . . . but hey zoom zoom right?

Hopefully they are going to buff on the fly a little, but I'm not wasting time on these Tier 8.5 wannabes right now.

I haven't really played the game for the past year, but from what I remember, light tanks were supposed to be about this: 

So why is QB repeatedly complaining about the gun/armor etc.?

Though admittedly the view range nerf is a bit ridiculous.

I'd much rather be in some of the current tier 8 light tanks we got now atm against the tier X LTs as they are now

here's hoping WG will change these back, or just improve them in some way to justify their role, and incentivize players to actually grind these tanks. and most importantly, that they can and would have a necessary role to fulfill. 

there's also some blame on the medium tank drivers who were protesting and crying about the tier X LTs, about how those new tanks would be "stealing" their jobs.

instead of nerfing the light tanks, why not buff the medium tanks that are "threatened" instead?

7 minutes ago, Serene_Potato said:

I haven't really played the game for the past year, but from what I remember, light tanks were supposed to be about this: 

SThough admittedly the view range nerf is a bit ridiculous.

that's an exception rather than the rule. its these kinds of videos that have scrubs trying to do the same silly shit, getting killed and complaining about it.

a lot has changed since 2013

8 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

instead of nerfing the light tanks, why not buff the medium tanks that are "threatened" instead?

imo the light tanks were fine, it was just that the medium tanks had too much damn view range. You even had object 140s being able to reach 445 view range. Even with equipment, imo it's still too much. View range is way too important.

'445m' view range hahahah, idk how it works on SEA but my bloody JT and Conq have 490m view range.....

If anything it wasnt that everything had VR (thats a good thing, makes carrying better for good players)

For example my biggest hate for the kv3 was that it had no VR and got outspotted by anything. Giving heavy tanks the option to spot for themselves wouldn't be an issue if the maps weren't designed like corridors and tiny. Id rather see VR buffs for lights and then give us some bigger better maps. and a few good bushes.

46 minutes ago, Serene_Potato said:

So why is QB repeatedly complaining about the gun/armor etc.?

Though admittedly the view range nerf is a bit ridiculous.

GL doing so when most X tanks have ~0,3 accuracy and decent bloom values. 30 seconds of focus fire and scout like this is dead.

Help me out here in this line of thinking.

1) Arent the current tier 8 lights almost as good as the soon to come tier 10s nerfed lights? I compared the 9.17.1 ru251 with the 9.18 rhm pzw.

2) if they are as good/similar, can we say that instead having a MM of 9/10/11 we are going to have a MM of 10/11 with a tier 10 LT as good as a current tier 8. So extremely more difficult?

It looks like its gonna be harder. (Aside from the penetration which is increased)

I think their worry is based on the biggest change of all: that lights can now be top tier. For example, I'm looking forward to seeing what the WZ132 can do as top tier in t8 battles with just a small accuracy and VR nerf. Look how hard they hit the WZ131 to stop it murdering the tier 5s it will now see. They might have made a big mistake in not moving the Chinese line up a tier.

12 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

I think their worry is based on the biggest change of all: that lights can now be top tier. For example, I'm looking forward to seeing what the WZ132 can do as top tier in t8 battles with just a small accuracy and VR nerf. Look how hard they hit the WZ131 to stop it murdering the tier 5s it will now see. They might have made a big mistake in not moving the Chinese line up a tier.

I think they should have done this in steps. Replace the standard +1/+3 scout matchmaking with +1/+2 and balance from there, then revisit it next patch cycle. A tier 6 scout that only sees tier 7-8 battles can be a whole different beast than one that draws from 4-8. Allowing them to be top tier creates massive balancing issues down the chain - the speed and vision it needs to be useful in upper tier fights makes it a beast against lower tiers, and balancing it against same-tier mediums cripples it against higher tiers. Adding 9's and 10's to the scout pool is going to have a much smaller effect on the game than top-tier lights down in 5-8 will (thus the clusterpanic with the tier 7-8 lights).

some of the reasons why i've been playing a lot more of the RU251 this past few week:

- unlocking the Leo PTA (about 60k EXP to go! with prem!)

- trying to complete LT-15.3

- it's fun!
playing the same tank consistently, again and again, has given me a better understanding of how it plays, its strengths and weaknesses. and it's also given me a further appreciation of the role of light tanks.

remains to be seen how the upcoming LT changes (in whatever shape or form they come out in) will go.

i'll be carefully optimistic.

35 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

some of the reasons why i've been playing a lot more of the RU251 this past few week:

- unlocking the Leo PTA (about 60k EXP to go! with prem!)

- trying to complete LT-15.3

- it's fun!
playing the same tank consistently, again and again, has given me a better understanding of how it plays, its strengths and weaknesses. and it's also given me a further appreciation of the role of light tanks.

remains to be seen how the upcoming LT changes (in whatever shape or form they come out in) will go.

i'll be carefully optimistic.

Well, soon it WON'T be fun.

But its ok, new test server iteration has fixed everything.

– Fixed position of guns on the PzKpfw I;

– Added possibility to research T54E1 from M41 Bulldog;

Yup, exactly what was needed, good job WG, scouts are good again. Apparently 6 shell 50s reload is intentional and very well balanced. I sure have no idea how this game plays, sorry WG for doubting you.

9 hours ago, Curo said:

'445m' view range hahahah, idk how it works on SEA but my bloody JT and Conq have 490m view range.....

If anything it wasnt that everything had VR (thats a good thing, makes carrying better for good players)

For example my biggest hate for the kv3 was that it had no VR and got outspotted by anything. Giving heavy tanks the option to spot for themselves wouldn't be an issue if the maps weren't designed like corridors and tiny. Id rather see VR buffs for lights and then give us some bigger better maps. and a few good bushes.

Why the fuck run optics on them when you can just run vents? All the corridor maps means you don't even need to see fucking 300m let alone have 490m view range. Just robbing yourself of improved dpm, gun handling and mobility. 

Also with view range saturation, light tanks are forced to kite from over 400m away so they don't get lit and smacked by quite literally everything. WG have also decided that Light tanks should only do damage by circlejerking a tank, so increased dispersion so much that LTs cant shoot over 200m away. So now when they are kiting heavies and TDs, they can't actually do damage to them. And against mediums? Fucking forget it. You will lose every time since you cant do both shooting and scooting since you're going to miss if you scoot and you are going to die every time if you shoot. 

Light tanks now can abuse their mobility to run away into advantageous positions to 1v1 mediums at times (i.e. possible but rare since maps aren't helpful) since they can actually hit the medium tanks at a distance and can run far away. 

TL:DR Redefining light tanks doesn't work when WG have decided on a set of restrictions which contradict the role of light tanks. Current light tank role works, new one is a fucking mess. 

Good guy WG; up-tiering all the light tanks they're making useless so we'll get a few extra credits when selling them. 

7 minutes ago, Kramburglar said:

Good guy WG; up-tiering all the light tanks 

Man that would have been a good idea!

Woah, we might not have had the issues we have right now too!!! 

/s

4 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Also with view range saturation, light tanks are forced to kite from over 400m away so they don't get lit and smacked by quite literally everything. WG have also decided that Light tanks should only do damage by circlejerking a tank, so increased dispersion so much that LTs cant shoot over 200m away. So now when they are kiting heavies and TDs, they can't actually do damage to them. And against mediums? Fucking forget it. 

Light tanks now can abuse their mobility to run away into advantageous positions to 1v1 mediums at times (i.e. possible but rare since maps aren't helpful) since they can actually hit the medium tanks at a distance and can run far away. 

TL:DR Redefining light tanks doesn't work when WG have decided on a set of restrictions which contradict the role of light tanks. Current light tank role works, new one is a fucking mess. 

Feelsbadman:feelsbad:

And the lights aren't even that much faster than the mediums, and the mediums now have MORE view rane in some cases, which is full on potato by wargaming. this counteracts the camo value, so mediums are more effective at scouting than top tier SCOUTS are. Nice balance wg.

And running away down a corridor only exposes your ass to the red tanks so that don't work either. The reason its so hard to outplay tanks like the maus is because ITS BROKEN circlejerking tanks requires them to be isolated in open terrain, two things which just never exist anymore. Nice map design wg.

Time for a rant

Yeah originally the scouts looked interesting. Now, after the nerfs, just keep playing those freaking russian freaking hovermeds which are better in almost EVERY SINGLE DAMN WAY ('m not salty at all that the class i enjoy the most and was really looking forward to has just been made useless.) Balance is still amazing wg.

They are often worse than the frikking tier 9 mediums nice job balance department... I dunno compare a t54 with a wz132-1.... and the wz is looking like the least trash tier ten atm.

http://tanks.gg/v0918ct/compare/wz-132-1?t=t-54

the t54 overall I feel comes out better in fighting capability, especially considering that the alpha was nerfed??? to 360 for the wz.

All in all: WHAT THE HECK IS WG DRUGGED ON, I WANT SOME OF IT AS WELL, ITS THE ONLY WAY ILL BE ABLE TO ENJOY THESE DAMN TANKS:drunk:

I liked Gasai Yuno's opinions more than I do these tanks. At least one was kinda funny in a sad way, the other is just sad.

Disclaimer: no gross hyperboles were used in the making of this rant

I feel like i put way too much effort into this but it felt good to blow off some steam I guess.

15 hours ago, Tankthief said:

Watched this video from Quickybaby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f48httY_r-8

Didnt find  the information anywhere but there.

Dezgamez also made a rant about it too

If QB rants it is a big thing for WG considering how many follow what he says. WG is going againts a huge chunk of its playerbase, but whatever. Just kill this game already.

Ps: i read the comments on QB's video and 99% where against wg decision to nerf the lts. This is a huge autogoal for their marketing department.

390m base view range is alright in it self, but it really is stupid that lights will now have less view range than mediums and some heavies as well. I was looking forward to the 9.18 changes for lights, but now I don't see any point in driving a high tiered one as any possibly of enjoyability except for the slight mobility and camo advantage over mediums is gone. 

Also, reworkings to low tiered lights look pretty awful too. Going by this post, it seems the Chaffee and ELC will be heavily nerfed. Sure, no more tier 8 matchmaking, but I actually enjoyed playing in T8 battles in my Chaffee. 

Maybe I'm being stubborn, but I already moved on to playing mediums and turreted tank destroyers since I can't bear to see my favorite class change so much.

The fun will be in the mid tier premium lights: Type 64, Type 62, and Blackdog. Untouched by the nerfbat yet with the new MM, these three will wreck the poor suckers two tiers down that they will outspot by about 100m or so. 

32 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

The fun will be in the mid tier premium lights: Type 64, Type 62, and Blackdog. Untouched by the nerfbat yet with the new MM, these three will wreck the poor suckers two tiers down that they will outspot by about 100m or so. 

http://tanks.gg/v0918ct/compare/m-41-90-gf?t=sheridan_000000~wz-132-1~t-100-lt~rhm-pzw~amx-13-105

With proper pen buff and +20 hp/t it could be X tier. 

1 hour ago, FoolieCoolie said:

390m base view range is alright in it self, but it really is stupid that lights will now have less view range than mediums and some all heavies as well.

Maybe I'm being stubborn, but I already moved on to playing mediums and turreted tank destroyers since I can't bear to see my favorite class change so much.

here, let me correct your spelling mistake regarding the tier X heavies. Also, do not forget they almost all have a dedicated radio operator as well, so +13 m view range...With lights you need a 5 skill crew (BIA, 6th, Camo, SIA, recon) to equal a heavy with one skill less - he simply uses rep instead of camo.

Higher tier lights were useless since they added T-54 to the game, and that is like...forever...

P.S.

Tier 9 lights might be the best way to go and do the missions now. Any thoughts?

Test server at the moment has just 1-2 lights per side. The Thrill Is Gone. 

Sheridan and Pz doing well with the their 420 VR though...

Yeah if one wants to play T10 lights Sheridan and Pz are obvious picks.

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Yeah if one wants to play T10 lights Sheridan and Pz are obvious picks.

wz used to be the most relevant imo but now its just sad :(

12 hours ago, Felicius said:

Tier 9 lights might be the best way to go and do the missions now. Any thoughts?

T9 and T10 are definitely going to be better at damage and spotting mission than the T8 where for sure. I mean i understand that T10 LT are worse than any T10 med but they are still better than their old T8 counterpart, so they will be very good for the mission we have now.