leggasiini

French superheavy line confirmed?

50 posts in this topic

Something very interesting i found out today:

I was bored this morning. I was surfing on NA forums, and ended up going into main website. When i checked media section, the tech trees pics were updated to contain T10 lights, only me to notice something weird on french tech tree:

YOje4ci.jpg

Better picture:

EtPJus7.jpg

Obviously i was VERY confused. When i checked the page again about half hour later, it was gone. For some reason they reverted EVERY updated tech tree image back to the ones they were before updates, kinda lazy way but they wanted to make sure that no other shit got left there, i guess. Now, looking at this, it looks like they accidently put in a picture that not only contains new LTs but also full French superheavy line up to tier 10.

I was really, really unsure if this was true, even if it was on official site. So i ended up contacting my friend, who also plays WoT and knows how to datamine things. I went in and visited him and i asked him to datamine SB and test servers. Nothing was from found from test, and there wasnt anything weird on SB either, until we noticed something weird along folder where is all modules:

https://pastebin.com/4Tnej3Tb (copypasted here)

Those seem to be data for modules of the tier 10 vehicle. Nothing else was found, the tank itself wasnt in the game data, so those must be leftovers that accidently left there.

---------------

So what it looks like is that WG is actually planning to introduce French superheavy line at some point. Given that there is already data about tier 10 existing, i expect them to reveal some of them soon. 

@User do you know anything about this?

Just now, BlackAdder said:

220t? Super Maus with 20cm derp :D 

Judging from module leak it seems to have 164mm gun. Its naval gun most likely (they had naval guns of that caliber, just checked) and im pretty sure WG doesnt want to make jap heavy line V2.0, so what we will see is bigass 900 alpha heavy. I expect its not as armored as Maus or Type 5, though. I mean, FCM F1 is (somehow) listed as tier 8 and its stated to have 100-120mm all around armor.

I expect that these tanks are more a togs on steroids with bigass guns...

WG, give me my AMX 65t already! The last thing this game needs is more superheavies with derp guns.

In 1926, the later Champagne was modified into the Char 2C bis, an experimental type with a 155 mm howitzer in a cast steel turret.

In Tier 5.

Pre-Nerf KV1 anyone?

38 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

I expect that these tanks are more a togs on steroids with bigass guns...

They all are just that. AMX C39, C40, FCM F1, CDF and SEAM 220 are all vehicles designed for the same basic specifications, with the CDF being the follow-up design specifications to what they learned from the F1. They only ever really built one of them, which was mostly a mockup of the FCM F1 and all of them were multi-turreted and pretty much complete and utter ass-garbage. I mean, Maus was a stupid design, but it was at least doing what it was supposed to do. These 1938-40-designs are basically enlarged ARL44s with sub-Tiger II-armor.

Talk about timing, well spotted!  Given WG's massive hard on for tanks of the super heavy type this year, as well as the eradication of any pesky underage tonks, this would certainly be in line with them.  

Yeah, those tanks seem kinda crap, on paper, but i guess Serb hes design bureau can make something out of it :P

Basically the whole line consists of Togs with derpguns (or rather Japanese superheavies without the armor), I doubt we will ever see them ingame but if we do we will most likely see them with new multiturret-mechanisms.

I mean just look at the fucking tier 8:

FCMF1-1.jpg

It gets a whooping 100mm frontal flat armor, Maus-like speed and is ugly as fuck.

That thing is tier 6 material at best (fits more into tier 5, basically an OI-exp with slightly more armor and a 90mm gun but without the speed) but knowing WG they would just buff the armor to stupid levels because fuck history at this point and we will end up with another line of cancerous-to-play-with-and-against-tanks.

That's some dedicated detective work--I wish I could give you more than one upvote!

8 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

Basically the whole line consists of Togs with derpguns (or rather Japanese superheavies without the armor), I doubt we will ever see them ingame but if we do we will most likely see them with new multiturret-mechanisms.

I mean just look at the fucking tier 8:

FCMF1-1.jpg

It gets a whooping 100mm frontal flat armor, Maus-like speed and is ugly as fuck.

That thing is tier 6 material at best (fits more into tier 5, basically an OI-exp with slightly more armor and a 90mm gun but without the speed) but knowing WG they would just buff the armor to stupid levels because fuck history at this point and we will end up with another line of cancerous-to-play-with-and-against-tanks.

"Ivan, can you read this document? It says of 100mm armor"

"No tovarisch, this paper is of old and smudgy. It is of 250mm armor"

"Ah! I'll fix it at once!"

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

@User do you know anything about this?

I can neither confirm nor deny anything.

Some most notable things of the line that stands out:

- The tier 4 is huge. We are talking about superheavy tank at tier 4. I mean, its almost as big as Maus in terms of raw size.

- This is tier 5 (this is same as tier 4 but simple cast steel turret and 155 (!!!) gun):

Kuvahaun tulos haulle char 2c bis

Limited turret traverse considering shit behind its turret, but 155mm gun at tier 5. There is good chance though it has less alpha than O-I or KV-2 for example, as it seems very primitive and short barreled (bison,tier 3 german arty has 150mm and only 450 alpha). Id expect something like at best 700 alpha on it, but that would be scary regardless. Otherwise, it has poor armor and poor mobility.

- FCM F1 at tier 8 seems indeed really fucking weird. Like @Fabunil said, it has pretty much ARL 44's frontal armor while having BDR's 90mm (!). And its fucking massive too, i mean, just look how big it is:

Kuvahaun tulos haulle fcm f1

Its like 1 metre taller than Maus.

I mean, id really expect that they inflate its (and majority of the line) armor values and give it much more powerful guns. Or maybe they are planning to indeed introduce multi turret mechanism. I mean, ST-II is possibly coming so there is that.

- Tier 9 and 10 are most likely +90% wargaming fakes. I dont even have any idea what FCM CDF is, i never heard about it. SEAM 220t is apparently some kind of tank design that would be splitted in two to transport. And its even more massive than earlier tanks; at 12m long, 5m wide and 220 ton weight it will be no doubt biggest tank in the game. However, from what i know, no drawings seems to exist, so WG still will have to come up with design made up by them, unless they really have dug up archives.

As for SEAM 220T, it will have two 925 HP engines, which is 1850 HP total. This gives it 8,4 HP/ton, which isnt actually that terrible. 164mm gun is interesting though, expect something like 850-950 alpha. I dont think its going to be derp gun as there wasnt signs of any other guns.

Im personally really hyped :P 

9 minutes ago, User said:

I can neither confirm nor deny anything.

Fair enough

52 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Some most notable things of the line that stands out:

- The tier 4 is huge. We are talking about superheavy tank at tier 4. I mean, its almost as big as Maus in terms of raw size.

- This is tier 5 (this is same as tier 4 but simple cast steel turret and 155 (!!!) gun):

Kuvahaun tulos haulle char 2c bis

Limited turret traverse considering shit behind its turret, but 155mm gun at tier 5. There is good chance though it has less alpha than O-I or KV-2 for example, as it seems very primitive and short barreled (bison,tier 3 german arty has 150mm and only 450 alpha). Id expect something like at best 700 alpha on it, but that would be scary regardless. Otherwise, it has poor armor and poor mobility.

- FCM F1 at tier 8 seems indeed really fucking weird. Like @Fabunil said, it has pretty much ARL 44's frontal armor while having BDR's 90mm (!). And its fucking massive too, i mean, just look how big it is:

Kuvahaun tulos haulle fcm f1

Its like 1 metre taller than Maus.

I mean, id really expect that they inflate its (and majority of the line) armor values and give it much more powerful guns. Or maybe they are planning to indeed introduce multi turret mechanism. I mean, ST-II is possibly coming so there is that.

- Tier 9 and 10 are most likely +90% wargaming fakes. I dont even have any idea what FCM CDF is, i never heard about it. SEAM 220t is apparently some kind of tank design that would be splitted in two to transport. And its even more massive than earlier tanks; at 12m long, 5m wide and 220 ton weight it will be no doubt biggest tank in the game. However, from what i know, no drawings seems to exist, so WG still will have to come up with design made up by them, unless they really have dug up archives.

As for SEAM 220T, it will have two 925 HP engines, which is 1850 HP total. This gives it 8,4 HP/ton, which isnt actually that terrible. 164mm gun is interesting though, expect something like 850-950 alpha. I dont think its going to be derp gun as there wasnt signs of any other guns.

Im personally really hyped :P 

Fair enough

The CDF is basically the specifications given by the commitee, after this whole superheavy-thing has been going on for a while and the french wanted kind of a follow-up in '40. The FCM F1-article on the wikipedia makes mention of it, it is the Car de Forteresse. 120mm of armor, ~150mm main gun in a hull-mount with a 90mm gun in a turret, powered by 1000hp engine and hopefully not weighting more than 100t (it's really basically what the FCM F1 is).

The SEAM is mentioned in the same article as an alternative for the same specifications that ended up with AMX Tracteur C and the FCM F1. 220 ton weight, 100mm armor all around, 5m wide, 12m long, one hull-mounted gun, one turreted gun, 2 950hp-engines and some completely and utterly retarded design-kinks to make it transportable via train (you could take the tank apart into two parts and the parting-line would be along the entire length, not width, length of the hull), that would have made it crack open under 88mm-fire like an easter-egg being dropped on the floor.

2 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

~150mm main gun in a hull-mount 

Thx, "Char de Froteresse" is the tier 9, then.

150mm gun on gull? Tier 9 m3lee on lots of steroids, anyone?

Either they are introducing multiturret mechanism or just make hull/secondary/whatever guns defunctional, no matter how big they are.

So... basically, moar giant french tanks to shoot at... that might have two turrets, so you might get hit 2x in a row or something? Idk, sounds gimicky, but eh, still new tanks to shoot at, okayyyy~

man the size of those things are a big" hit me please senpai sign" to arty 

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

And its even more massive than earlier tanks; at 12m long, 5m wide and 220 ton weight it will be no doubt biggest tank in the game. However, from what i know, no drawings seems to exist, so WG still will have to come up with design made up by them, unless they really have dug up archives.

Are we sure we're not talking about warships here?  Something that big ought to have torpedo tubes.  Its literally too long to make turns on Himmelsdorf . . . 

1 minute ago, DHP said:

Small question : What do you do at tier 10 with 100mm armor with >9hp/t ?

Most likely will get overly inflated armor, like tier 9/10 jap heavies (honestly i dont think Type 4/5 were never supposed to have more than 200mm of armor). Or gigantic amount of health; i wouldnt be surprised if it got 3500+ HP.

it's 2017 (somehow), which means i've been waiting FIVE years for the second french HT line with actual armor

what have i gotten instead? amx 48 as part of new OP premiums, WT e-100, japanese derp super heavies, swedish cuck tanks, and now THIS

KILL ME