leggasiini

French superheavy line confirmed?

50 posts in this topic

:eww: Damn son, more ugly looking tanks with questionable armor, and high tier fake tanks with naval gun. No thanks, where is that supposed second french heavy line that was said to be decent, we have enough derp guns and superheavies in the game :/

:gachi:

This shit is great. I hope it gets into the game for the sole purpose of entertainment. 

It would be cool if they introduced support for multiple guns, like the two turrets on anime heavies or the M3 Lee. They could make it either manual fire or automatic secondary, kinda like WoWS. Imagine the permatracking potential! :minidoge:

This is the stupidest thing I've seen in my life. Pretty funny and exciting though.

There's two ways this could go: Either those tanks will be by far the worst tanks in the game, or they'll be the most brokenly OP tanks in the game.

I love the aesthetic of these big uneven bump covered tanks. They remind me of a classic and delicious Belorussian candy we sometimes got to have as children in festivities, it was called "potato".

11 minutes ago, yuryi said:

I love the aesthetic of these big uneven bump covered tanks. They remind me of a classic and delicious Belorussian candy we sometimes got to have as children in festivities, it was called "potato".

In Poland we were very jealous about Your potato candy.

5 hours ago, Vindi said:

Slowly we are drifting towards full heat ammo usage)))

be at ease comrade, ve are vresearching HEAT firing M62T2 on IS-2 at tier 8. 340 milimetres of penetration vid vodka gunner is balans. ve vill give you HEAT as standard ammunition and HEAT as premium ammunition. all is vell and remember to buy more pixels so ve can afford 2d Japanese hookers and emboss the initials 'WGL' on our moonbase

https://pastebin.com/spiAxTcz

More data about SEAM 220t, according to my friend

According to him, he was  able to dig up some statistics aswell as in-game description. No signs of in-game model however, but given stats AND in-game description exists i assume the model is already done far enough to be usable for testing.

20 minutes ago, User said:

Where the fuck did he get that description?

47 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

https://pastebin.com/qCfmUhDt

More data about SEAM 220t, according to my friend

According to him, he was  able to dig up some statistics aswell as in-game description. No signs of in-game model however, but given stats AND in-game description exists i assume the model is already done far enough to be usable for testing.

900 alpha?

I hope this is fake. What I really need right now is the other French heavy line, the one with Foch sized turrets

Just now, lavawing said:

900 alpha?

I hope this is fake. What I really need right now is the other French heavy line, the one with Foch sized turrets

Do you mean this by "other french heavy line"?

amx50.jpg

That one still has possibility, but it makes more sense ro be minibranch starting from AMX M4. Tier 8 already has stats and HD model and tier 9/10 have some data from 2011/2012 too so it shouldnt be hard to implement

17 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Do you mean this by "other french heavy line"?

amx50.jpg

That one still has possibility, but it makes more sense ro be minibranch starting from AMX M4. Tier 8 already has stats and HD model and tier 9/10 have some data from 2011/2012 too so it shouldnt be hard to implement

This exactly. I believe it's a alternative turret project called the TCB 1, which was a conventional layout, mounted on top of the lowered AMX-50 chassis. From the looks of it, it will probably be like a mix between the E5 and the 113, with more gun depression than either and less side armour than both. It's a heavium fanatic's wet dream just like the French superheavies are yours @leggasiini

I literally Burst into laughter seeing 900 alpha. That would be so bad and so hilarious at the same time

7 minutes ago, lavawing said:

This exactly. I believe it's a alternative turret project called the TCB 1, which was a conventional layout, mounted on top of the lowered AMX-50 chassis. From the looks of it, it will probably be like a mix between the E5 and the 113, with more gun depression than either and less side armour than both. It's a heavium fanatic's wet dream just like the French superheavies are yours @leggasiini

I always imagined it to be slightly all around worse E5 with very nice top speed (50+).

1 hour ago, User said:

Where the fuck did he get that description?

im right now searching the game folders, to see if its buried there somewhere (a quick manual search yday didnt bring anything, but who knows)

On 17. 4. 2017 at 9:33 PM, hall0 said:

Again not in the list

KzNLbnKFRq8.jpg

and

amx50.jpg

:feelsbad:

Don't worry, I can see two potential OP premium tanks here. And if I can see that, WG is probably already putting price tag on them... Kappa.

1 hour ago, kurcatovium said:

Don't worry, I can see two potential OP premium tanks here. And if I can see that, WG is probably already putting price tag on them... Kappa.

The problem for the minibranch is that nothing fits @ Tier 9. The 65T has been confirmed to be a Tier 8. There's an AMX M4 variant with 250mm raw thickness, but it doesn't make sense timeline wise since the 65T was a concurrent project with the AMX 50. The M4 49 could have been a good Tier 9 as I imagine the turret can take a 120mm easily, but no luck since it's already a prem. I know of nothing else that fits.

Alternatively, they could bring the 65T to tier 9 as it was originally planned and unfuck its soft stats, and then introduce the torsion bar M4 45 variant as a Tier 8, like a less armoured M4 49 or a faster 4502A.

I see why you might be pessimistic, but $$ speaking, a minibranch starting at the M4 45 would make sense for WG since it has a bad rep and needs APCR spam to work, making it a credit/gold/free exp sink. If they look the high tiers look good/CW worthy there'll be no shortage of people rushing to free exp the tank the moment it comes out. Also having one more line also incentivises people to buy prems like the 50T, M4 49 and the upcoming Somua SM.

It does make a certain amount of sense that WG is prioritising new superheavies over heaviums, since the skill floor for superheavies is pretty much non-existent, what with the arty changes, whereas heaviums are arguably the hardest heavies to play tied with support heavies. A shitter will be able to appreciate a 220 tonne monstrosity with 900 alpha, while they're just going to get fucked driving a 50 km/h E5 with 30mm sides.

Edit: apparently there's a paper project called the AMX 70t which can mount the same turrets as the AMX 50 autoloaders. Might fit at Tier 10 so the TCB1 on 50b chassis can be relegated to T9?

I hope that 900 alpha is wrong, also has the highest penetration of any heavy tank (though may be APCR) 

Plus that gun is a better derp with cheap HE than the stupid Type 5 is with premium HE. 

16 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Plus that gun is a better derp with cheap HE than the stupid Type 5 is with premium HE. 

Expect SEAM has significantly worse reload yet it has worse alpha so no its not even close to be better. It has worse RoF than O-I with derp gun, so you can drop its reload to like 21 at best. You can drop Type 5's reload to 15.8. Accuracy doesnt matter much when it comes to derp guns either; type 5 has enough accuracy for most situation.

Remember that other stats havent been leaked yet. Nor the model. Given the fact its likely huge box like FCM F1 the armor is likely garbage compared to other superheavies. The turret is probably huge (if it can mount 164mm) and 200mm thick and most likely flat so its pennable by even tier 8 heavy AP shells. Not to mention it likely has huge tumor like other French superheavies. While gun stats seem good it might have fucking awful bloom values to make the "good" gun handling look irrelevant. Just look at CDC...

Best possible comparison for the tank i can imagine is TOG II with SU-100Ys gun.

EDIT: Given its naval gun the ammo layout is most likely AP / AP / HE.

11 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

I literally Burst into laughter seeing 900 alpha. That would be so bad and so hilarious at the same time

herduliekderp.jpg

Just how disgusting are these tanks seriously..?

Give us T-72, Leopard 2, Chieftain etc. not these french trash memes:facepalm:

It's time for wargaming to move forward and implement newer tank types and follow the path of normal history:look:

Yaay more shit tanks to play against and to play with. Too slow to reach the game before your team dies, new accurate arty will stun you every moment. Fun fun fun