Tanager

9.18 is up on NA and available

78 posts in this topic

The outage was scheduled to last until 10 AM ET, but 9.18 is up and playable as of now.  Just FYI, I am about to sally forth...

Update please. 

How is the stun received on Live servers now and when XVM works again?

9 minutes ago, Wessmen said:

Update please. 

XVM for 9.18 isn't out yet.  I'd guess it'll be available tomorrow at the latest.  Haven't seen the stun yet, personally.

(update) just did a battle in my Loewe, and I was getting hammered by a T92.  I will take the stun every day of the week over the old arty.  The first direct hit could have taken me out of the game before (or close to it).  I got hit by the T92 multiple times, I'll definitely live with the stun.  I didn't bother using a medkit, combat effectiveness wasn't totally gimped when stunned.

On the CT arty was a lot less of a nuisance. I only used med kits to treat stun when exposed. In a heavy behind cover, I just waited it out. 

Had a very fitting final game on 9.17.1...  Played arty, got 3 kills by taking more than 75% of the tanks hit points away.  Still lost.

GG WP Wargaming.

Update pls, light tanks, how bad are the nerfs?

Anyone know if normal emblems earned in missions got paid out in gold on the tier 8 (now 9) lights?

reposting my status update:

7 matches in this patch and I literally already want to quit playing this game and/or kill myself. Retarded stun means you get shat on behind cover from 10m away + less one-shots but arty still does a crippling amount of damage, and a lack of MM weights mean that it could literally be a Maus, an E-100, and an E5 v. 3 arty on the other side (Which I've sort of experienced)

WG really dropped the fucking ball with this crap, I hope they get their collective shit together and do something about it.

So the class balance doesn't take tier into account?  That seems like a pretty obvious requirement to miss.  Not that it's necessarily surprising >.>

@ZXrage do you have screen or replay from that match plz ? Very interested about this sort of thing. 

Also do we have to recreate new thread every single day for the exact same thing ? There's like 3/4 thread on 9.18...

1 hour ago, Wessmen said:

Update please. 

downboated because you want xvm

10 minutes ago, DHP said:

@ZXrage do you have screen or replay from that match plz ? Very interested about this sort of thing. 

Also do we have to recreate new thread every single day for the exact same thing ? There's like 3/4 thread on 9.18...

It's not as prominent as I've remarked but you can kinda see it here.

iqPNecR.jpg
vRMEXzO.jpg

Again I kinda overblew it, but they really should have taken MM weight into consideration more, especially with heavies because of HP disparities.

2 minutes ago, Enroh said:

downboated because you want xvm

I have my colors disabled. However alot of good players raved at the arty changes but thats when XVM-manual doesnt exist for arty players. Thats why I am asking how it is now - with the colors. Im pretty sure they will change opinion.

7 minutes ago, Wessmen said:

I have my colors disabled. However alot of good players raved at the arty changes but thats when XVM-manual doesnt exist for arty players. Thats why I am asking how it is now - with the colors. Im pretty sure they will change opinion.

xvm is now obsolete as it is based wn8 and "colours." It will be completely out of whack with all the tank changes and tree changes (incl. arty) so they will mean absolutely nothing.

A complete rework would need to be done to make the formula work and some may argue that it never really did work. (a topic for another thread)

Its worse than before.... I never thought it could be possible....

I've played 15 games and haven't been top tier once...... 

3 arty on each team every game who perma stun you.....

My team has 3 top tier arty while the enemy gets 3 top tier tanks....

wtf is this bullshit 

And people are exaggerating massively again.  

13 minutes ago, Spec said:

My team has 3 top tier arty while the enemy gets 3 top tier tanks....

wtf is this bullshit 

Again, very interested in this "feature" please provide screenshots ! 

Posted (edited)

So I played a few games in the 13 90 and the T-54 ltwt, and I don't feel like I'm playing a worse tank except that I have to run food to reach max view range on the 13 90. The handling on the 13 90 is much much better, and having 4 shells with a 20 sec reload is actually pretty nice. Arty is nicer unless you're slow and you get focused while crossing in the open. Trying to move into the enemy base on Erlenburg assault in a SuperPersh, and getting hit by 3 GW Panthers gets you killed pretty quickly before even being able to get across the bridge. Overall, from only playing a few games, I think the patch is better than I anticipated. I'm hoping that as the patch gets old, less people will be playing arty, because atm I get 2-3 arty every game. (off topic, why tf does it say arty protector next to my name???)

Edited by TheChang

Give it time folks - remember - this IS the test server for 99% of the US player base.  They logged in and all the sudden everything is different, so of course they are spamming SPGs and LTs.  Give it a few days to settle down, but just remember - WE in NA are the beta for 9.18, so we need to be the changes we want to make to this patch.

Yeah, this is probably not the best time to judge the effect of clickers, because all the clicker players are logging in to try out the new mechanics.

My hope is that in a little while they'll get bored with not being able to one shot people, and combined with not being able to platoon at all, this will bring the numbers down.

I think I'm going to hide in team activities only for a while.

Interesting thought i just had though... does anyone know if the artillery strike in stronks is going to be changed too?

Numbers will go down, it'll take a few weeks but basically as said above for most players this will be the first time they've seen these changes as most don't go on the test server.

So I got a B-C 12t in my garage even if I didn't have any french tanks in my garage before the update.

So far thats the best part of this patch

48 minutes ago, yoyoya2 said:

So I got a B-C 12t in my garage even if I didn't have any french tanks in my garage before the update.

So far thats the best part of this patch

IIRC, you get the tier 8 even if you only had the old tier 8 researched.

I used to play LT's and nothing else, sold them years ago, and woke up with a German, American, and French Tier 8 LT in my garage.  wtf?  Got some gold from old LT camos as well.

Looking through some of the stats, the T21 and the Type 64 look like they'd be the new T67's of Tier 6.  The T71's high camo, and six shot clip has made me see a lot of early spotting/sniping and late game clipping resulting in carries when top tier.

Makes me think unless you are an autoloader medium or Russian armor medium, either you go LT for the camo/agility/viewrange or HT for the armor/hitpoints/alpha.  Makes mediums seem like the "kinda shit at everything" tank now.  Reminds me of Cruisers in WoWS.

Like when you compare the M4A3E8 to the T21, sure it has a bit more armor and hitpoints, but the T21 has 380viewrange, 25 horsepower per ton, 57 forward speed, 23 reverse speed, .36 accuracy and 30% camo all around.  If you want actual workable armor you may as well go the M6 or T1. I mean whats the point of the E8 now?  Or say, the Comet vs the T71?

It seems like randoms will start to represent Strongholds, at least from what I've seen at Tier 6-8 now.