BiggieD61

Significant Tirpitz buff in 6.4

47 posts in this topic

While there have been a bunch of updates about various nerfs/buffs in 6.4, today is the first time that I saw this mentioned.

Tirpitz: Increased normal firing range of secondary battery from 4.5km to 7km

König: Accuracy sigma parameter reduced from 2 to 1.8 (Slight decrease in accuracy) 

Khabarovsk: Basic rudder shift time increased from 6.1s to 11.1s

In essence, the Tirpitz will now have the EXACT same OP secondary suite as the Bismarck AND it's brawling 6km torps as well. This might push the Tirpitz over the top as the best tier 8 BB at this time. People like me who kept a Captain in the Bismarck for any future Ranked seasons, or just to enjoy those secondaries at tier 8 can now sell it off if they have the Tirpitz in their port.  I am very happy about this change, one that makes sense considering they both have the same set of guns in the same locations in regards to secondary's.

Edit:  The one remaining benefit of the Bismarck will be it's Hydro ( 3.1km torp, 4.4km ship ) that the Tirpitz does not have - though they might add it at a later date, who knows?

yeah kinda OP now, only thing the Bis has got is better AA and hydro...

maxresdefault.jpg

Des Moins deck to 30mm, praise the freedom

Unless German torps get buffed to 8km or so, I think Hydro option will still be better for ranked.

This assumes continuation of smoke meta and domination of Bensons.

4 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Well shit, I might buy a tirpitz then

Buy one from here then. You can get it for virtually half the cost of what WG is selling it for. Sale ends in less than two days though.

https://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/id/3664/?aff=cj

It's actually nice then I can set all 3 -  Scharny (which has decent secondaries) Bismarck and Tirpitz too to use with the same Captain

Tirpitz had its rear turret angles buffed around a year ago also; to my knowledge, Bismarck still has the old, worse turret angles that the Tirpitz had initially.

Bought Tirpitz when it first came out to make credits and for platoons with friends who are rushing to tier X(unicum/blue in both wows and wot). Guess p2w is now working for wows as well :doge:

57 minutes ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

Bought Tirpitz when it first came out to make credits and for platoons with friends who are rushing to tier X(unicum/blue in both wows and wot). Guess p2w is now working for wows as well :doge:

WoWs has always used premium ships as a different flavor compared to the researchable sister ships in a line.  They have advantages and disadvantages compared to the researchable versions of the same ship.  People complain about how OP the tier 7 Belfast is, but I have a better win rate and damage numbers in the same tier Fiji.  Where the Belfast has HE rounds and a Radar consumable, the Fiji has heal and torps - if the Belfast seems OP it is because the Fiji is such a strong ship to begin with, it's my top pick for best tier 7 cruiser.

The Bismarck is a very strong ship, allowing the Tirpitz to have the logical same secondary range does not make it OP, or pay to win, but it does bring it on par with the Bismarck.  Alabama and North Carolina are very close, as is the New Mexico and Arizona, New York and Texas, Benson and Lo Yang ...

Instead of having to spend top dollar for a gimped premium tank like the old days of WoT ( yeah - how many years was the Lowe a punchline until it was recently buffed into playability again?), WoWs has released their premiums as being in parity with researchable ships.  I'm pretty sure that the most recent ( last 6-8 months ) premium tanks released in WoT have been significantly closer to the performance of same tier vehicles, mixing strengths and weaknesses to give a competitive, but not overpowered vehicle into players hands.

9 hours ago, Mesrith said:

Tirpitz had its rear turret angles buffed around a year ago also; to my knowledge, Bismarck still has the old, worse turret angles that the Tirpitz had initially.

IIRC Tirpitz turret angle was buffed to match Bismarck's. In any case, according to GM3D site, Bismarck has same turret angles as Tirpitz when firing forward but worse angle for #2 turret when firing backward.

5 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Instead of having to spend top dollar for a gimped premium tank like the old days of WoT ( yeah - how many years was the Lowe a punchline until it was recently buffed into playability again?), WoWs has released their premiums as being in parity with researchable ships.  I'm pretty sure that the most recent ( last 6-8 months ) premium tanks released in WoT have been significantly closer to the performance of same tier vehicles, mixing strengths and weaknesses to give a competitive, but not overpowered vehicle into players hands.

Some of new released WoT tanks are outright best in their tiers so seems WG has copied WoWS premium policy to WoT. For example Scorpion G which is best TD in tier with no competition even close.

Bismark secondaries go out to 10.1 km, Tirpitz 9.4 (Bismark get an extra 10 percent range buff for its upgraded directors). At least now your secondary spec captain isnt wasted on the Tirpitz now.

Actually, with the same captain skills and modules my Tirpitz is reading 10.1 km after the update, 10.6 with the secondary flag.

Interesting. The math doesn't make sense, but tirpitz probably comes with upgraded directors.

Just did the arithmetic again and I guess modifiers are multiplicative not additive. (7x1.2x1.2= 10.08 rounded to 10.1)

5 hours ago, CompanionCav said:

IIRC Tirpitz turret angle was buffed to match Bismarck's. In any case, according to GM3D site, Bismarck has same turret angles as Tirpitz when firing forward but worse angle for #2 turret when firing backward.

Tirpitz had its rear turret angles buffed last spring before Bismarck existed.  When Bismarck was released last fall, it still had the old turret angles that Tirpitz initially had.  Perhaps Bismarck has since had its rear turret angles buffed for forward-firing, but when I played it, the angles were several degrees worse.