lordawesome7

Thank WG for the free gold

33 posts in this topic

thanks for giving us a camo sale RIGHT before the compensation handouts

my only regret is that i brought the panther M/10 before i realized i could capitalize on this, so i would've had close to 40K instead of 30K right now

pGWCf7L.jpg

Now let's hope the rest of the servers don't get fucked over.

28 minutes ago, lordawesome7 said:

thanks for giving us a camo sale RIGHT before the compensation handouts

my only regret is that i brought the panther M/10 before i realized i could capitalize on this, so i would've had close to 40K instead of 30K right now

pGWCf7L.jpg

How did you get that much? I had the RU, T54LT, and T49 and only received 2k, my M41 and LTTB kept the camo, didn't get anything from them.

3 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

How did you get that much? I had the RU, T54LT, and T49 and only received 2k, my M41 and LTTB kept the camo, didn't get anything from them.

you buy every camo for every light :doge: 

I didn't trust WG not to screw this up, so only used up my existing gold, rather than going big to max it out.  Nice payday for anyone who went all-in though.

12 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

emblems were also compensated, so i brought as much as i could before i ran out of gold

How much gold did you spend before the patch?

Damn, should have paid more attention to the patch update. Got only 2.2k gold back.

Damn that's a nice payday. I spent ~4k gold last weekend and got 8.5k back today. I wasn't sure if all lights would be compensated or just the tier 8 camos, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Not to mention the fact that I went from 5 to 10 million credits feels pretty good man

I only made about 2k gold.  I didn't fully understand the Emblem trick and wasn't too sure that WG wouldn't just screw me and leave all the extra ones

Wait so how does this work exactly? Would love some free gold. Just thinking if I buy camo at full price I get that gold back? So its only good if it's on sale?

22 minutes ago, Va1heru said:

Wait so how does this work exactly? Would love some free gold. Just thinking if I buy camo at full price I get that gold back? So its only good if it's on sale?

Right, you only want to use discounted camo/emblems.  So, if there is a sale before the patch goes live, go nuts.  Also, any free emblems you got from missions get compensated for gold, so apply them and then just dismount them (they'll stay tied to the tank they were originally mounted on and be "refunded")

Just make sure to use regular emblems, like flags, the special ones you earned that can't normally be bought just get put back in your available emblems with no gold given

I think this may ONLY work if the Camo/Emblems/Inscriptions are on sale like last week at 50% off

Lord can probably walk you through what he did.  You can't make much on the Camo (and only if it is on sale), but there is almost no risk of WG screwing you over.

I think he did this:

Buy Emblem for T49 > Remove Emblem > Buy Emblem for T49 > Remove Emblem > Repeat until you run out of gold or emblems (or until you reach the max you want to risk)

I guess there is a chance that WG just moves all the emblems to Tier 9, in that case you would be kinda screwed.

GL

I made like 1100, i put all the free emblems WG gave out on my light tanks for extra, but I think I only got paid for the camo. Plus I only have the LW and 13 90 lol

I didnt go balls deep on this but still bought all the camo, I'm expecting 3-4k gold profit 

WG #1 company NA

Damn son! 

Wish I had the capital to do that... 

7 hours ago, Kolni said:

you buy every camo for every light :doge: 

Ah, thought you could only buy one camo (per season) for each tank,same with emblems.

hadn't ever tried to buy more than one,

Lesson learned.

I was too cowardly to try this... shame, coulda doubled my 10K

18 hours ago, Sapros said:

Now let's hope the rest of the servers don't get fucked over.

:feelsgoodman:

I can see this being fixed by the time it reaches Asia.

Every fucking time :FeelsBadMan: 

Never got to use any glitch/bug/loophole against WG because last_server_memes.

I'm retarded, didn't think of buying multiple emblems per tank.

I bought some for the Bulldog and they didn't take them back.  Glad I picked some cool shit for that one just in case of that.

1 hour ago, Thundercrack said:

for the Bulldog

Deeerp.

1 hour ago, Thundercrack said:

I bought some for the Bulldog and they didn't take them back.  Glad I picked some cool shit for that one just in case of that.

I thought it was clear in the forum rumours and patch notes: the Tier 7 (promoted to Tier 8) camos, emblems, and insignia stayed while the Tier 8 (promoted to Tier 9) camos, emblems, and insignia, were refunded...

I'm really sweating that 50 cents I lost when I just made a bunch of free gold though.