lordawesome7

Thank WG for the free gold

33 posts in this topic

On 19 April, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Vindi said:

:feelsgoodman:

Could you post on here if it works still when patch hits on EU :3 

Asia -might- have a camo sale soon, but i'm thinking they might patch the loophole out by the time it hits EU. Would be nice to know since Asia only gets the patch next month :P  Hopefully can double my 15k gold into 30k (plus all the free emblems and gold camo/inscriptions/emblems i always put on all my cw/sh/keep tanks - atleast 5k legitly)

1 hour ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

Could you post on here if it works still when patch hits on EU :3 

Asia -might- have a camo sale soon, but i'm thinking they might patch the loophole out by the time it hits EU. Would be nice to know since Asia only gets the patch next month :P  Hopefully can double my 15k gold into 30k (plus all the free emblems and gold camo/inscriptions/emblems i always put on all my cw/sh/keep tanks - atleast 5k legitly)

Not sure there is any loop hole.  WG cant track what tanks you own, let alone when and what value you paid for permanent camo, emblems, and insignia.  It's likely not worth the effort to do so for the minor amount of players willing and able to take advantage of it.

Even if they figure a way to do so and only credit you at what you actually paid you can't really lose, by being refunded what you paid...

Note: The "free" emblems are dismounted and put back into your pool and not refunded...and as noted again above, only the T8s moving up are refunded...

1 hour ago, 8_Hussars said:

Not sure there is any loop hole.  WG cant track what tanks you own, let alone when and what value you paid for permanent camo, emblems, and insignia.  It's likely not worth the effort to do so for the minor amount of players willing and able to take advantage of it.

Even if they figure a way to do so and only credit you at what you actually paid you can't really lose, by being refunded what you paid...

Note: The "free" emblems are dismounted and put back into your pool and not refunded...and as noted again above, only the T8s moving up are refunded...

yea i know it was only the t8 lts moving up

Heard some say the free emblems got refunded for gold, while others seem to say it just gets sent to depot. I see no loss so just gonna put them on incase they are(can WG tell the difference between clover, ace of spades, tech tree flags etc that were bought for gold and given in missions? I don't think so).

It wasn't their intended purpose, but it wasn't a bug/glitch either so I would say its a loophole thanks to being able to keep and replace camo/emblems bought with gold. WG might want to stop it by refunding only 1 set into gold and keeping the rest on either the t8 or 9 lt, so as to prevent the few people that are doubling their gold.

It is possible they might be doing that or preventing refunds entirely for Asia, unlikely as it is, as there is likely to be a discount for camo/emblem/inscription for a week or less from tmr due to anniver specials before patch 9.18 hits in 2weeks time.

23 minutes ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

Heard some say the free emblems got refunded for gold, while others seem to say it just gets sent to depot. I see no loss so just gonna put them on incase they are(can WG tell the difference between clover, ace of spades, tech tree flags etc that were bought for gold and given in missions? I don't think so)

Good call, that they also cant tell between "free" and "normally bought" emblems (exclude the specials of course; meathead, mastery, anniversary, etc)...
They do track them in a pool of sorts (until they are used up) so applied ones should be good to go for a refund...

On 4/18/2017 at 10:52 AM, Kolni said:

you buy every camo for every light :doge: 

No he did something else.  I had camo and emblems on several of my lights and they did not get refunded.  Only the tier 8s.  

If I'm not mistaken, getting the 30,000 gold from this as he claims was impossible.  It's probably a doctored image.

25 minutes ago, Deep_Convection said:

No he did something else.  I had camo and emblems on several of my lights and they did not get refunded.  Only the tier 8s.  

If I'm not mistaken, getting the 30,000 gold from this as he claims was impossible.  It's probably a doctored image.

you do realise you can buy over 100 emblems? buy that for one tank that gets switched and it's 10k gold, then you have inscriptions and camos, buy everything for the lights that get switched during the camo sale you'll have spent like 10k gold on one tank alone and earn 10k (you'll get 20k back)

it's not hard to spend 15k gold on 4 tanks even on discounts

The real risk is that Wargaming decides to just let the camos and inscriptions move up rather than removing them, and there'd be no way to complain... not only did the player get what he or she paid for, it was actually a discount because tier 9 stuff is more expensive.

The calculation Wargaming would have to make is do they make more gold forcing people to rebuy at tier 9, probably for more than what was refunded, or do they make more sticking it to the few that decide to try to game the system.

I suspect that there are a lot more people who will rebuy at the higher price than there are those that are savvy, informed, and daring enough to try this trick, so even though they probably know about it they probably don't care.

Still, I didn't want to take the risk, so I only got a few thousand gold on my tier 8s, which was still a nice bonus because I had them for WGLNA and don't play them any more anyway.