leggasiini

The French superheavyline leak - its fake

35 posts in this topic

Y3KahLo.png

https://vk.com/wotclue?w=wall-70226354_677085

UPD1: Murazor - "Никто не делает сверхтяжей Франции, в планах их нет".  (Murazor - "No one is making France super-heavy, they are not in the plans".)

And yes. All these "leaks" related to french superheavies in few last days are fake.

To start with:

"I really would like to see these tanks in the game, for many reasons: they are stupid-looking, failure multiturretted fatass boxes, (just like Japanese heavies, and thats exactly like what i love about these tanks), while they have some history value (Char C2 is iconic tank, FCM 1A is one of the first turretted heavy tanks ever and FCM F1 was somewhat well known and almost produced, too!) and lastly, if implemented properly, would implement very unique playstyle. Monday morning, i was bored so i got idea "why just not edit French tech tree so it contains superheavy line for lolz?". And yes, i used freaking MS paint to edit all of this. At first, it wasnt meant to be slapped into internet. However, despite the fact i used MS paint to edit the picture, it ended up being actually very realistic-looking, so i got little prank idea there. However, the main purpose wasnt to just troll people. I really wanted to know if WG is actually planning to bring French superheavies, or 2nd French heavy line or whatever u can call it.

Back in 2016, WG was actually planning to introduce the line: superheavies up to tier 7, and then AMX 65T and other comparable tanks (i guess, comparable to AMX M4 49 Liberte) at tier8, 9 and 10. The AMX 65t even got into supertest with HD model and stuff. However, nothing was heard about it after that. Apparently there was something going on when it came to superheavies, and then WG decided to bring just tier 8-10 but soon after they didnt bring any of them.

Back to this hoax, i hoped that if these leaks would spread, WG eventually would notice this and tell that "this is fake". My hope was that WG would at same time tell if they are actually planning the introduce them at some point. And well, i got the answer.

I must apologize everyone. Lets be honest, i had kinda fun, as i had NO IDEA that this would actually seem like legit leak. I thought the "story" i used as background was pretty poor and would make people suspicious, but i was wrong. Anyways, i am sorry, and i hope i didnt crush someone's dreams. 

However, i would like to write on proposal how the line would actually look like - tank by tank. And as for SEAM 220t stats - no, dont worry, i DONT think 3500 HP, 900 alpha heavy with good gun handling is good idea. Instead, given how WG likes to implement new special mechanics for new lines (see Swedish TDs), aswell as rumors of ST-II possibly making appearence, giving these tanks from tier 6-7 to tier 10 a multiturret mechanic, if implemented properly, would make these tanks really unique vehicles. How would that sound like?"

~ leggasiini

To elaborate a little more:

A few days ago Legga came to me with the idea to prank people because for some reason people always believe me. This is how we planned to things to make the 'leaks' believable:

QRZxY1h.png

And apparently we did a good job of making it believable, since it got picked up by Status Report and The Armoured Patrol incredibly quickly, so that was mission accomplished basically. But it didn't stop there. WoTExpress also picked it up. And WoTExpress is considered to be one of the more trustworthy 'leakers' out there. After WoTExpress it got a liiiiiiitle out of hand, since people actually started making youtube videos about it. :serb: 

When the various news websites posted the thing, Legga joined the comment sections to steer people away from mistakes in the tech tree. The Lorraine 40t is missing, a weakly armoured tank is tier 8, etc. He managed to deflect all those things. If anything, these things make it more believable since we're talking about Wargaming after all. Ahistorical things and fuck-ups are to be expected.

But Legga wasn't done yet. He wanted to leak more. We discussed it a little in chat and I suggested he'd leak tank descriptions. I gave him some pointers on how to make a legit looking description and Legga went to 'work'. But Legga made a few spelling mistakes in the description so I set out to fix the description:

5fTuyRQ.png

Yes, for about half an hour there was description with various spelling errors on WoTLabs. Luckily, no one caught it. The fixed descriptions got posted on the various websites fairly quickly too.

Lesson for y'all to learn: Don't believe me when I talk about rumours or leaks. :serb: I've done this in the past and every single time there are people who believe me just because it's me. :serb: 

tl;dr: :jebaited:    

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RIP in pepperonis:cri:

C2WTQzM.gif

I just feel.... Indifferent

I trusted you!

Dude April fools was long time over :popcornkitty:

Anyway. Good troll. Even the russian leak sites felt for it :happyfish:

I think the sad part is that it was actually believable that Wargaming would implement a tank that looked as utterly retarded as the "SEAM 220t"

You guys are fake news. :trump:

3 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

C2WTQzM.gif

I just feel.... Indifferent

Upboats for Shosanna. 

dammit, so me searching SB game files for any hint of SEAM, 3500 hp or any other clue was pointless :P

Anyway, in the game files WG still lists all the rare tier 10 tanks we dont got yet (2x Chieftain + 3x ruskie heavys) and thats about it, atleast, in the normal files

Kek, I actually believed it, based on the path WG's been on.

Leg you son of a bitch you i was actually excited for this cause i thought i can finally play a non-prem french tank that had actual fucking armor

39 minutes ago, saru_richard said:

Leg you son of a bitch you i was actually excited for this cause i thought i can finally play a non-prem french tank that had actual fucking armor

Honestly, these tanks wouldnt have had particurarly amazing armor either, especially compared to other superheavies. If anything these things most likely would have been TOGs with multiple bigass guns.

Imagine TOG II with SU-100Y's gun and you have tank that is actually very similar to SEAM 220 t (from the stats i "leaked").

Also if you want armored non-prem frenchie go play amx 40 xD

Well, up to tier 6/7 we will eventually get these super heavy tanks, im sure of it, just like we will get Sturmtiger, Swe TDs showed us that WG is willing to invent a new mechanic in order to make it work, and Arty rework shows us that they can sort of balance the alpha dmg of HE.

Sooooo:

When Sturmtiger?

My arguments of last time still stand, infact, the arty nerfs make it even more likely to implement this bad boy, since arty also gets no more gold / AP ammo, while the new arty view and stun mechanics offer something extra for Sturmtiger:

• Give it stun, like arty
  • Give it even less penetration
  • Give it some sort of shallow  (unique) arty view, so it can lob shells over low obstacle (say tanks / ridges, not houses) BUT keep the viewdistance the same as for tanks
  • The above limits its range

2500 dmg HE will in practice be 1250 (since it never penetrates and thus dmg gets cut in half) and due to arty nerfs, this 2500 dmg will also scale nicely with T92 240mm (its like WG is already preparing the game for Sturmtiger).

Sturmtiger-Minden-Ger.jpg

That italics on the confirm bit smelled fishy to me.  I would not want to put my name on breaking an NDA, even if it's a more subtle sort of breaking it.

That's just me though, I know that plenty of people give less fucks.

Legga right now.

EmmOp0D.gif

50 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Well, up to tier 6/7 we will eventually get these super heavy tanks, im sure of it, just like we will get Sturmtiger, Swe TDs showed us that WG is willing to invent a new mechanic in order to make it work, and Arty rework shows us that they can sort of balance the alpha dmg of HE.

Sooooo:

When Sturmtiger?

My arguments of last time still stand, infact, the arty nerfs make it even more likely to implement this bad boy, since arty also gets no more gold / AP ammo, while the new arty view and stun mechanics offer something extra for Sturmtiger:

• Give it stun, like arty
  • Give it even less penetration
  • Give it some sort of shallow  (unique) arty view, so it can lob shells over low obstacle (say tanks / ridges, not houses) BUT keep the viewdistance the same as for tanks
  • The above limits its range

2500 dmg HE will in practice be 1250 (since it never penetrates and thus dmg gets cut in half) and due to arty nerfs, this 2500 dmg will also scale nicely with T92 240mm (its like WG is already preparing the game for Sturmtiger).

Sturmtiger-Minden-Ger.jpg

Pls no stun AND that much alpha, it would be dumb af.

I guess it WOULD work with like 2.5k alpha and like at best 50mm pen, and some sort of "gimped" arty view like u stated, but no stun on top of that aswell.

Maybe this, Brumbär and rework of SU-152 line (to convert them into assault guns; remove BL-10 from ISU and 704 but increase their alpha little bit, while give 268 most alpha out of the bunch) would maybe give possibility to bring in "assault gun" class or something.

As for French superheavies, yea if anything atleast up to tier 7, but if we just give tier 8 (FCM F1) very strong guns, high health and probably bit buffed mobility it would work; and while tier 9/10 would need lots of "dark magic" they would be still acceptable as they are "real" tanks (think type 4/5, those are modified alot due to lack of info), the line would very well extend all way up to tier 10. And even with 75% fake tier 9/10 the line would be more still historical than some other lines like Jap heavies.

This shouldnt however prevent WG introducing AMX 65T minibranch from AMX M4. Who cares if there would be 3 French heavy lines, they would be all very different (paper autoloader, non autoloader with meh guns but incredible front armor and good mobility and then multiturret bigass gun monsters with lots of health, yea they are like literally as polar opposities of each others as heavies can go). Also superheavies leading to AMX 65T doesnt make any sense when AMX 65T & friends are related to AMX 50 project as whole and they dont even resemble each other very much, so it makes more sense to AMX M4 lead into two tanks while superheavies have their own line.

49 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

That italics on the confirm bit smelled fishy to me.  I would not want to put my name on breaking an NDA, even if it's a more subtle sort of breaking it.

Bingo!

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Pls no stun AND that much alpha, it would be dumb af.

I guess it WOULD work with like 2.5k alpha and like at best 50mm pen, and some sort of "gimped" arty view like u stated, but no stun on top of that aswell.

Maybe this, Brumbär and rework of SU-152 line (to convert them into assault guns; remove BL-10 from ISU and 704 but increase their alpha little bit, while give 268 most alpha out of the bunch) would maybe give possibility to bring in "assault gun" class or something.

As for French superheavies, yea if anything atleast up to tier 7, but if we just give tier 8 (FCM F1) very strong guns, high health and probably bit buffed mobility it would work; and while tier 9/10 would need lots of "dark magic" they would be still acceptable as they are "real" tanks (think type 4/5, those are modified alot due to lack of info), the line would very well extend all way up to tier 10. And even with 75% fake tier 9/10 the line would be more still historical than some other lines like Jap heavies.

This shouldnt however prevent WG introducing AMX 65T minibranch from AMX M4. Who cares if there would be 3 French heavy lines, they would be all very different (paper autoloader, non autoloader with meh guns but incredible front armor and good mobility and then multiturret bigass gun monsters with lots of health, yea they are like literally as polar opposities of each others as heavies can go). Also superheavies leading to AMX 65T doesnt make any sense when AMX 65T & friends are related to AMX 50 project as whole and they dont even resemble each other very much, so it makes more sense to AMX M4 lead into two tanks while superheavies have their own line.

Well, 2500 HE with 0 mm penetration means effective 1250*1.25 = 1562.5 as maximum dmg roll against 1mm of armor, with say 2000 HE it would be 1000 (and 1250 as maximum), an Jp-E100 now deals 1050, so its the same ballpark.

Give it also Jp-E100 reload speed, about the same mobility and like 2500 hp and you get a close range siege mortar, who can blast hull down tanks / groups of close people, in the face, good for digging out Mauses etc (SU-152 acc / aim time would be sufficient, so 0.50 and 3.4 sec)

Since this will be shit on open maps + it needs something to make it unique, the ``mortar mode`` should be implemented, something like arty view, but only like 20-50m above the tank, so you cant look very far, and same view range limit as normal tanks, since the accuracy will be rather good for an arty piece, it needs atrocious bad shell speed, this bad shell speed will also limit long range camping (think of like 2-3 seconds for 500m distance targets)

It will need ofc a lot of testing, but by (not) adding stun you can give it something to make it more powerfull (or not) while the dmg of the gun also offers a lot of room for balancing, it can be made 1800 or 3000, pure on what turns out to be the best (type 5 heavy has 1400, with 0.5 and 2.9)

ps: infact, perhaps the mortar mode, with a bit less dmg and a bit faster reload could work, risk is, it turns into a tier 10 Fv 304, but again, that is something that needs a lot of testing

ps ps: and adding sturmtiger could be a good point to reconsider crew deads from HE, its stupid mechanic now stun is in the game, HE should simply never kill crews from this point onwards...

In regards to french heavys:

imo we need the normal heavy line asap, and i really hope we get it late summer of this year (murazor or so did hint a bit on it when Mle 49 was released, that it would not effect the heavy line, and that there are enough tanks for it) i ALSO hope it wont start at tier 8, tier 7 and perhaps even tier 5

ps: speaking of, we will get 2 more lines this year i guess, end of the year polish (?) tanks, as new nation and when thats not possible perhaps a Chieftain (?) and during the summer french, they didnt get anything in the lats years, except some prems and a odd tank here and there. but no new line, and im sure WG will keep something big for new years (they always do)

ps ps: would also explain why chieftain takes ages, if Chieftain is there as back up new year tank line, they need to make sure polish tanks are possible (I bet they wont) before they can put it in

No sturmtiger. Fuck that shit.

the funny thing is I always assumed it to be fake/not real. I assumed it was old leaks from that original second french heavy line people were talking about in 2013, and never really looked at it further (or even read any topics on it)

the fact this has blown up like this is actually fucking hilarious.