Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RGM79GM

Balance 2.0 released

10 posts in this topic

Seems the new mail.ru devs have managed to release balance 2.0 on the EU and NA servers a couple weeks after the RU server, anyone tried it out? I'll download it at some point and see if it's still a dead game or not and if it got's any more fun or worse in that regard.

its pretty dead and they basically sealed their own death outside RU servers when they booted obsidian and ignored/argued with competent and proven developers that actually want to make a fun game unlike mail.ru for however long prior to them leaving

instead of making a better version of WoT, Mail.ru argued with Obsidian for them to make a carbon copy of WoT with modern tanks. Instead of something different that could have been better, we got a hot steaming mess. You are always going to be second best to the original if you go for the exact same thing.

3 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

instead of making a better version of WoT, Mail.ru argued with Obsidian for them to make a carbon copy of WoT with modern tanks. Instead of something different that could have been better, we got a hot steaming mess. You are always going to be second best to the original if you go for the exact same thing.

so does that mean WoT is going to see an influx of AW refugees soon?

1 minute ago, saru_richard said:

so does that mean WoT is going to see an influx of AW refugees soon?

Sure. It happened like 2 years ago.

Yeah, once Obsidian was booted I jumped ship. After I knew mail.ru wanted a slice of WG's pie, I knew that the game wasn't going to take off. I'm surprised it's existed thus far, with most MMOs failing within the first year of launch (AW has had its so called "soft launch" for a little over a year now). But I'm never going back. As much as I love the improved graphics and amazing tank models (not necessarily 100% accurate, but they look great) combined with real stuff that you can actually go see, I'd rather play a game that's established.

How underwhelming...

We waited almost a year for Balance 2.0 and it's missing the balance part completely.  If you're driving anything (in mid-high tiers) other than a MBT or LT you're simply a hindrance to your team.  AFVs have a minor camo advantage as their one bonus but given the short view ranges and high mobility across the board that camo advantage is meaningless.  TDs have... well, I can't figure out what they supposedly have going for them.  Design 101 and this new dev team apparently never showed up for class.

I tried playing NA PvP but waited a combined 33 minutes for 4 games of 7v7.  In short... it's still dead.  EU PvP seems healthy but trying to hit some of these weakspots at range with 150+ ping is not enjoyable.

The game just isn't grabbing me.  I absolutely loved the new gamemode for WoT on the SB (even with the shitty core WoT mechanics underlying it) but AW is just leaving me going 'meh' right now.  All this time and money spent and they still can't get basic fucking balance issues (in a patch called, of all things, Balance 2.0) right.

On 4/22/2017 at 9:49 PM, Illy said:

TDs have... well, I can't figure out what they supposedly have going for them.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu, they killed muh TDs :QQ: muh Centauro 120 perfectly balanced tier 7 is now shitty tier 9 :QQ: what will I do with my life now :QQ:

JK, I bailed last november :serb:

I watched quite a few videos and fucked around a bit on the AW forum tho [contemplating making a couple accounts to stir shit up tbh :serb: ] and read a lot of gems about how awesome the new "Tanks Reloaded" iteration is, although it has some minor issues like net stuttering, lagspikes and packetloss, gamelag/sharp fps drops, average FPS dropped down in general by 25%, fps drops, game crashing on loading, game crashing in battle, bugged chat that does not allow you to write anything, but instead opens the "back to garage" window, the sounds are still bugged - in fact, for some they don't work at all now, the models of vehicles are fucked, the balance is fucked even more [this is a fucking achievement, truly spectacular :doge: ] everything is fucked - and yet there are still people shitting up praises for mail.ru.

That's the most awesome thing - Mail.ru literally brainwashed them - more effectively than WG ever did with its own playerbase. Congrats on that bois, you did that one thing right :serb:

Fuck, I really want to see AW released on Steam :doge:

Also, Scorpion was shit tank before Balance 0.2 apparently lul

Trying the patch out its not the complete balance package they promised. Like you said TD's have nothing going for them because when the fire they lose 0.2 camo rating compared to light tanks I bid you not, no camo loss while moving and when firing they only lose 0.05 camo. I shit you not light tanks have a 75% better firing camo loss than TD's, and they have fucked up armor packages from tier 7 on wards that can bounce AP and totally fucks up HEAT due to the super sloping effect on HEAT rounds. HESH rounds don't get good until the Challenger 2 ADTU, PISH rounds. I love the little shits their like HEAT rounds from before that ignore sloping fuck up the insides of tanks better than HEAT.   

Oh don't let me get started on AFV's from tier 1-10 they all have 140mm of penetration good luck attacking the sides of higher tier MBTs you might as well go fuck yourself. Except for the Draco B1 which gets 435mm of penetration but drops 7 rounds from its drum to a 5 mag drum with 16 second reload. ATGM's they are great but only 20 for auto cannon armed vehicles and 30 for specialized ATGM's carriers. Don't get me started on view range fucking MBT's can go up to 450-490 view range, same with LT's and TD's but AFVs get a bitch ass spotting bonus of 30 meters standing still. I Shit you not fucking LT's, can do scouting better than a AFV's because no camo loss while moving.  

I picked up one of the Founder Packs back in the beginning.  I have a little under 400 games total.  PVP is a fucking joke, literally 10 people online on any given week night.

I'm playing 3 PVE games a night just to get the free stuff during the Bal 2.0.  The Enemy AI is just terrible.

I only made it to tier 6 before Bal 2.0.  Is there any reason NOT to do the full account reset?  I don't plan to play the Arty any more, I unlocked the Starship (which is apparently a dead end tank now).

Overall the game is just fucked without enough players for PVP.  Anything else they do at the point is just pointless

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0