Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FoolieCoolie

T-50: Buffed and uptiered (9.18)

10 posts in this topic

It's been 3(?) days since 9.18 was released in NA, and I finally decided to try the new T-50. It originally caught my eye seeing it had pretty amazing DPM on a low alpha gun compared to the new Chaffee and ELC. I decided to fit in vents, rammer, and binocs (optics later if I can get decent view range with crew skills, else a vstab). Loaded almost as many gold rounds as standard rounds. Did 5 battles.

In one, I got instantly blown up after following a fail flank. 3 of the next 4 battles were also losses, but holy moly is this a fun tank. I originally never got the T-50 back in 9.17 because I didn't like the 50kmph top speed nor the 75mm of penetration. However, I really like it currently. It has mediocre mobility for a scout light tank especially the hull traverse, but it's workable. The fun comes in spitting peas at enemies every 2 seconds, and this is really satisfying against a heavy tank (load gold) or a distracted enemy at close range. With about 2100 dpm, it's actually easy to get over 1000 dpg as long as I don't mess up.

In a way, this reminds me of the MT-25 (only played the pre-9.18 one) but a tier lower in many regards. With good dpm but mediocre penetration, I got to work enemy flanks as long as possible to pile on the damage. However, this tiny gun sucks at medium to long ranges, and I don't really bother unless there is nothing better for me to do. View range sucks, but at least I can excuse myself from scouting duty. :disco:

Anyone else have thoughts about the 9.18 T-50?

Yeah.  I sold it.  I had hopes, but it's just too slow and its use too limited.  M7 is more fun at that tier.

Very meh after they nerfed the only thing it had going for in test server, the insane reload.

It used to have 1.57 sec reload when u had everything on. Now its just alll around shittier, bit faster T-34

There was a time in the first test server when you could squeeze 2600 DPM out of that 45mm which was insane especially considering you can mount vertstab and all that. With it's current stats its not even faster than some mediums, though I will have to wait for 9.18 to hit to test it out. Or, more likely, 9.18.1.

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

There was a time in the first test server when you could squeeze 2600 DPM out of that 45mm which was insane especially considering you can mount vertstab and all that. With it's current stats its not even faster than some mediums, though I will have to wait for 9.18 to hit to test it out. Or, more likely, 9.18.1.

This patch kinda raped the RU LT's apart from a couple. Entire german LT line went to complete shit too apart from vkleopard and to some extent ru251, despite being entirely inferior to 90mm t49

Sigh :( 

6 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

This patch kinda raped the RU LT's apart from a couple.

Which one isnt shit?

T-50 got raped to useless

MT-25 lost top speed (and it wasnt great to begin with)

LTG seems inferior to CH lights apart from turret armor that works only against some tier 5s

LTTB is kind unchanged, i guess this is only one that isnt useless

LTWT is shitty T54 that is marginally faster. I might be wrong tho, but it sure did lose lots of its value after its no longer usable in T8 formats.

T-100 has tier 8 heavy gun at best lol

25 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Which one isnt shit?

T-50 got raped to useless

MT-25 lost top speed (and it wasnt great to begin with)

LTG seems inferior to CH lights apart from turret armor that works only against some tier 5s

LTTB is kind unchanged, i guess this is only one that isnt useless

LTWT is shitty T54 that is marginally faster. I might be wrong tho, but it sure did lose lots of its value after its no longer usable in T8 formats.

T-100 has tier 8 heavy gun at best lol

LTG feels superior to T-43 after playing both. But that's not exactly an achievement. Also my maniacal laughter as I sidescrape in that thing vs 120mm guns

LTTB got a gun dep buff from hideous 3 to shitty 5. Woop woop

T54LT is the same as ever, just buffed in every way. But yeah, a fast stock t54 with jesus gun handling is not that great but variety is the spice of life so they say.

The rest can rot in the mass grave with all the other poor LT's slain in WG's non-heavy master race purge.

Playing some more of the T-50, it really is kinda shitty. But a kind of shitty I like and can now 3 mark :D

Yeah, fuck the rest of the lights, but LTTB is still nice imo.

We bought these last night after we all died in a yolo Leo plt. 

It's a good meme for sure. The gun is really fun to use and the mobility is just good enough for you to be able to do scout things. 

man, the T-50 has had a rough life.

started out being the absolutely amazing and hilariously fun predecessor to the legendary T-50-2, got nerfed to the ground when the -2 was replaced (RIP the glory days of scouting) became just another shitty tier 4 tank to grind through, now gets up tiered, keeps its shitty mobility but now gets an insane gun.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0