Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
isterija

Reusable consumables - the effect on Repair skill

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering, what is the impact of reusable repair kits on the repair skill? Is it still the highest priority for any tank which is even remotely likely to participate in a brawl, or has it became less important and can be trained as second or third skill, after camo/gun handling/mobility/etc.?
As the new patch hasn't hit the EU server yet, what are the impressions on the NA players regarding this issue?

Still just as important, you're gonna receive hits which will damage modules if the enemies know how to aim for drive wheels a lot more often than once every 90 seconds, and when that happens, you want to repair and gtfo before they can reload. 

57 minutes ago, isterija said:

I was wondering, what is the impact of reusable repair kits on the repair skill? Is it still the highest priority for any tank which is even remotely likely to participate in a brawl, or has it became less important and can be trained as second or third skill, after camo/gun handling/mobility/etc.?
As the new patch hasn't hit the EU server yet, what are the impressions on the NA players regarding this issue?

The thing is that repairs is a huge buff to repair speed while other skills/perk beside camo dont give such a huge advantage. You cut in half your repair time with 100% repairs while lets say snap shot gives you a 7% better bloom only on turret rotation.  There is no reason not to train repairs since most of skills are not as influential or are garbage.

Still need repairs incase someone tries to perma track you when your kits on reload

I'm thinking it'll just mean I don't need to run two repair kits on certain tanks? Haemorrhage more credits on food instead.

The other thing is that with arty splash now measured in acres, you are going to be receiving shit loads of incidental module damage if you are in a brawl area if arty start dumping rounds into the scrum.  Save the repair kit for guns, engines, and racks, let the crew fix the tracks.

Repair skill will still prevent you from not getting perm track by some tanks.

And in some cases its better to let the track autorepair than rushing your 5 button to repair with consumable.

Right...as everyone has said no change to the need for repairs.  Now something I was thinking about is Jack of all Trades.  I have VERY few crews I run this on anyway but has reusable kits made it virtually worthless now?  I mean my RU HT CO has BiA, 6th, Repairs, Situational Awareness and are at 50 something percent on JOAT.

Would Recon or Fire Fighting be a better skill choice now?

On 4/22/2017 at 7:23 PM, Grasschopper said:

Right...as everyone has said no change to the need for repairs.  Now something I was thinking about is Jack of all Trades.  I have VERY few crews I run this on anyway but has reusable kits made it virtually worthless now?  I mean my RU HT CO has BiA, 6th, Repairs, Situational Awareness and are at 50 something percent on JOAT.

Would Recon or Fire Fighting be a better skill choice now?

That's a good point. Yeah I'd say JOAT is pretty obsolete now unless you want to drop the med kit instead of the fire extinguisher to fun food. But now with the stun mechanics not running a med kit is ill-advised IMO.

Depends on the tank. On low hp cardboards that are kit or die, such as lower tier light/td or arty; repairs is not important. On any tank that can survive a hit or 2, repairs can help a lot while kit is on cooldown.

JoT is still useful on tanks that frequently suffer double driver deaths, but rarely lose the commander... like lowe.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0