Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gatortribe

XM551 Sheridan - Tubby Leopard

58 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

I have vents, optics and GLD on the T49 assuming that the reload and aim time are bad but exposing to aim is worse than hiding longer during the reload. So I go with rammer instead?

I like how this thread is as much about the T49 as the....uhhh....what is that dumb tank this thread was supposed to be about??

An older post about T49 equipment. I've stuck with vents for the third slot, I think Crab is currently on GLD.

For the Sheridan I keep the same VStab+Optics but switch in a rammer to get reload down to 16.16 seconds. Your gun handling is really quite decent and at Tier 10 you spend a lot more time chodeslapping so the additional DPM is valuable.

43 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

I like how this thread is as much about the T49 as the....uhhh....what is that dumb tank this thread was supposed to be about??

An older post about T49 equipment. I've stuck with vents for the third slot, I think Crab is currently on GLD.

For the Sheridan I keep the same VStab+Optics but switch in a rammer to get reload down to 16.16 seconds. Your gun handling is really quite decent and at Tier 10 you spend a lot more time chodeslapping so the additional DPM is valuable.

I dallied with GLD, and honestly, I think I end up doing more direct damage when I use it, because 508 VR is enough, while 520 is gravy...but I'm back to vents because I like the 0.01 accuracy, 12m of VR and the modest camo bonus? Really it doesn't matter. Derpidan uses the rammer because you can't flank and pen in XXXXXXXXXXXXXX battles. 

With the 105mm its not quite hot garbage now, because 3150 dpm so like flanks become meaningful and trades less dumb. 

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

With the 105mm its not quite hot garbage now, because 3150 dpm so like flanks become meaningful and trades less dumb. 

And you can take the vstab off if playing the 105, add vents, +12m VR, boss with a 390 punch.

I've also noticed that for a tier ten light in CW, a 300 pen HEAT round > 248 pen AP round (T-100LT) - especially at long range. :) 

5 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

And you can take the vstab off if playing the 105, add vents, +12m VR, boss with a 390 punch.

I've heard the same thing about the T-100. Is the gun handling really that good?

I have this thing unlocked, but credits are an issue. I'm not sure if I want to buy the Sheridan, (also unlocked) AMX 50b, go for a Leopard 1 instead or just save up for cola on sale.

Crab made me play a few games in it today. He also made me take off the Vstab. It's alright to play. It certainly isn't good. It's probably on the low end of mediocre. With the 105 you can at least do stuff and feel like a tank sometimes, so I guess that is good. But my damn boat hull still doesn't float.

7 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

I've also noticed that for a tier ten light in CW, a 300 pen HEAT round > 248 pen AP round (T-100LT) - especially at long range. :) 

Good tip. I think it's definitely playable without vertical subwoofe stabilizer. 531 VR is pretty good for burning camo. I think the vstab might be better for quality of life, but it's not a must have. The Sheridan without a vstab is a RhmPz with. 

2 hours ago, monjardin said:

I've heard the same thing about the T-100. Is the gun handling really that good?

I have this thing unlocked, but credits are an issue. I'm not sure if I want to buy the Sheridan, (also unlocked) AMX 50b, go for a Leopard 1 instead or just save up for cola on sale.

Don't buy a Leo1. The Leo1's niche is absolutely better occupied by a post buff Sheridan, this thread title couldn't be more appropriate now. The pen gain and accuracy is nice, but doesn't stack to the camo advantage.

14 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

Crab made me play a few games in it today. He also made me take off the Vstab. It's alright to play. It certainly isn't good. It's probably on the low end of mediocre. With the 105 you can at least do stuff and feel like a tank sometimes, so I guess that is good. But my damn boat hull still doesn't float.

Make is a strong word friend. It totally should float. It's now a serviceable 390 farmer, with a side of vision.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0