Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RGM79GM

Good gaming mouse?

21 posts in this topic

So my Logitech G600 died after a nasty fall leaving me needing a new gaming mouse, any good suggestions that would suit WoT and FFXIV, ESO?

not sure how you managed that. Logitechs are bricks. any good gaming mouse will do. just find one that is comfortable. most of the sensor capabilities in them are comparable I would think. 

I play WoW where I got a shitton of binds yet I still use a 2 side button mouse(which granted I bought for CSGO mainly), but cannot recommend it enough, Zowie FK1/FK2, really great grip(fits good and feels good), sensor is great and looks simple.

Steelseries Sensei.  Made out of metal, great sensor, lots of buttons for quick access (helps for csgo)

Plus, has an onboard cache that remembers your DPI, sensitivity, color format, etc so you can just plug it in as a regular usb mouse after you set it up.

13 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

Steelseries Sensei.  Made out of metal, great sensor, lots of buttons for quick access (helps for csgo)

Plus, has an onboard cache that remembers your DPI, sensitivity, color format, etc so you can just plug it in as a regular usb mouse after you set it up.

Oh that sounds like a great feature, is this the one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-Sensei-Grade-Laser-Mouse/dp/B007N6HS3G/ref=sr_1_1

7 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

This one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005HGCNU2/ref=twister_B01N5C4GMT

DO NOT GET THE SENSEI RAW.  That one doesn't have the onboard cache to save settings, and it comes with a set DPI that you have to set when you start it up on the Steelseries program

I never encountered that situation with my sensei raw.

I'd recommend anything zowie, steelseries, a deathadder, or logitech. Prioritize comfort.

If you're getting a laser mouse like the Steelseries Sensei, then make sure you've got the proper mousepad for it (laser mice have trouble with softpads). Most laser mice also tend to have inbuilt mouse acceleration which can't be turned off (I've experienced this firsthand with the Razer Mamba which I had for a while. Something always felt off when trying to make fast movements).
You should probably just go with another Logitech. The G203 looks excellent for the price. I myself use a Deathadder Chroma and can highly recommend it

1 hour ago, Sibbys said:

i too got this just recently in fact

though its a shame, if you had asked a week earlier, there was a spring sale for this mouse on corsair's site for $40, very much worth it and MUCH better then my previous logitech mouse

Just now, robosapieo said:

Most laser mice also tend to have inbuilt mouse acceleration which can't be turned off

Depends on the sensor used in the specific mouse and its specific configuration. Sweeping statements like this is about as useful as saying "most people are nice". You should research the specs and look for technical reviews instead.

13 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

laser mice have trouble with softpads

Only if your pad is dirty as fuck with grime and stuff, in which case it doesn't matter what your pad is made of because any sensor laser or optical will have problems navigating through your gunk.

I use a Logitech G700S. Build quality isn't anything outstanding, but it has that tilt-wheel and free-scrolling which I value greatly. Also has enough side buttons that are comfy to access, but the remaining three next to the LMB is awkward and never see any usage.Wireless capability.is a plus but I rarely use it.

1 hour ago, robosapieo said:

If you're getting a laser mouse like the Steelseries Sensei, then make sure you've got the proper mousepad for it (laser mice have trouble with softpads). Most laser mice also tend to have inbuilt mouse acceleration which can't be turned off (I've experienced this firsthand with the Razer Mamba which I had for a while. Something always felt off when trying to make fast movements).
You should probably just go with another Logitech. The G203 looks excellent for the price. I myself use a Deathadder Chroma and can highly recommend it

never had that issue with steelseries sensei/raw.
Deathadder definitely requires a pad though.

I use a Logitech MX518 and have used the logitech G400 in the past.

Both really lovely mice and would totally recommend particularly if you have giant hands like I do (the mouse doesn't feel like I'm cradling it).

I've been using Deathadders for years, it might not be the best mouse on the market anymore but it's simple, comfy and if you keep your mousepad clean the sensor is perfect. 

Speaking of mice, has anyone actually tried the Fnatic gear mice? I've heard good things about them but I can't escape the thought of them being garbage

Some fnatic gear mice have been rated pretty well.

It's tough to assess the validity of such reviews though... due to team/fan loyalty.

Why buy a Sensai when their new offering, the Rival, is insane?

https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-300

I returned the Mamba after realizing it was a trash laser mouse because I got meme'd and didn't read shit. Prior to that I had a G400/Mx518 or whatever the fuck that lasted like six years. 

Got the Rival myself, recommend making sure you buy the (above linked) Rival 300 instead of the original Rival - earlier iterations of the original Rival have grips that will literally disintegrate within a few months. Otherwise it's a really nice mouse. I wouldn't recommend it if you have small hands or need more than two thumb buttons, though.

Still using my Naga 2014 because

1: I am an Asian with a not particularly big hand

2: Having a fking numpad on a mouse is dank.:feelsgoodman:

I play E:D so came in extra handy.

I won't recommend too much about Razer because they are clearly overpriced and mostly meme built, but my experience with Logitech was so bad I did not bother touching them anymore. Sensai and Rival are decent but yes I cannot hold one

Ordered a Rival 700 since it got a good review on that Hardwarecanuck's channel @Folterknecht recommended and elsewhere, also LED screen that displays gifs seems fun.

Wanted to recommend Rival 300 as Rexxie did, but seeing you already ordered 700, GG i guess....it can only be better than 300 and i like mine a lot. Great, simple, accurate sensor and relatively cheap mouse.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0