arthurwellsley

Patch 9.19

87 posts in this topic

One English language news site suggests that patch 9.19 will include;

"New Unique Game Currency (This has been first tested back in 2015, no much details about it.)"

Please help me. My memory of 2015 includes the super test of patch 9.12. That included; " Added bonuses from Inscriptions and Emblems to crew members' characteristics ". In the end WG abandoned those proposed changes.

Am I missing something? Was there another Game Currency tried out in 2015 that I have not remembered?

Source = https://thedailybounce.net/2017/04/24/world-of-tanks-9-19-possible-release-dates-details/

Test server is supposed to be out after ASIA get their patch which is 4th of May. Sooo maybe the 5th?

Chances are you will earn that new currency in the new gamemode and you will be able to buy "special stuff" with it (most likely special tanks?)

35 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Pay 2 Pay 2 Win :doge:

Might not be. WoWP has some third currency system that you accumulate slowly as you play more that gives a few rewards slowly.

WoWS has different currencies, flags, crates etc.

Neither of those two are P2W, in fact the WoWP one is completely the opposite it's more a loyalty bonus scheme.

It's just my only recollection of a trial in WoT is patch 9.12 super test, but then my memory might be wrong.

Just now, Fabunil said:

Chances are you will earn that new currency in the new gamemode and you will be able to buy "special stuff" with it (most likely special tanks?)

Ah now this is an interesting thought. Because the other thing 9.12 had was Rampage and the 30 missions that came with it to get the T-22SR. I hadn't thought of the possibility that "Frontline" the new 30 x 30 mode might not have missions, but might have a new currency.

I quess things to buy for serbs:

tank (only for this currency)

camo, emblems

discounts for regular tanks

free exp

premium RNG/MM :minidoge:

Currently in the Element contest going on in WoWs, you earn "currency" that you can spend towards items in the premiums/gift shop. Like camo, flags, and the Kamikazi R. They are like doubloons, but not. But you can spend them on certain items in the shop.

Hopefully, that is what is meant for 9.19.

2 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

I quess things to buy for serbs:

tank (only for this currency)

camo, emblems

discounts for regular tanks

free exp

premium RNG/MM :minidoge:

Maybe warpakz and hakz. You will farm serbs by farming tears and team damage. Everytime someone rages you get points, if your teammates shoot you because of stats, "camper", "stupid unicum", "fame cheaters", "Gold noob" you get serbs.

Hey another Money sink like many Mobile games have. Soon we have premium currency (Gold) only obtainable with real money, than normal currency (Silver) obtainable with normal ingame activities and some new special currency you can spend of fancy stuff, lets call it platinum. Pretty sure this will be obtainable with real money aswell. 

I don't think you will be able to buy stuff which gives you any sort of ingame bonus. WG hasn't forgotten the Rubicon debacle. Since there were some posts about betting on your favorite esport team etc in the last weeks my guess would be this currency is for this purpose. You basically gamble with this. Earning it from watching esport streams, participate in special ingame activities like CW, tournaments. or buying it. After you have enough you can buy esport skins, emblems and maybe a special tank like the WGL tanks (AMX 13 57 GF, M41 90 GF) 

3 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

Ah now this is an interesting thought. Because the other thing 9.12 had was Rampage and the 30 missions that came with it to get the T-22SR. I hadn't thought of the possibility that "Frontline" the new 30 x 30 mode might not have missions, but might have a new currency.

This would be cool if they made Frontline into a permanent game mode in WoT and thus not make Frontlines into some kind of limited game mode/marathon like Rampage. WoT has the player population to afford to take away some of the players from Randoms, and maybe even limit Frontlines to tier X.

Frontlines could be the endgame content for players who have tier X tanks but don't really play clan wars/tournaments, and for whom may want to find some more/other reason to play tier X tanks that would justify the often high cost of playing tier X tanks.

7 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

This would be cool if they made Frontline into a permanent game mode in WoT and thus not make Frontlines into some kind of limited game mode/marathon like Rampage. WoT has the player population to afford to take away some of the players from Randoms, and maybe even limit Frontlines to tier X.

Frontlines could be the endgame content for players who have tier X tanks but don't really play clan wars/tournaments, and for whom may want to find some more/other reason to play tier X tanks that would justify the often high cost of playing tier X tanks.

The credit cost would be almost thrice playing your usual random battle if you died a few times..

And that is for a good player, let alone average. Idk why anyone would want to lose 200k credits for 1 battle even if there are rewards. Needs credit neutrality imo..

2 minutes ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

The credit cost would be almost thrice playing your usual random battle if you died a few times..

And that is for a good player, let alone average. Idk why anyone would want to lose 200k credits for 1 battle even if there are rewards. Needs credit neutrality imo..

they'd have to increase the earnings or decrease the repair and re-arming costs otherwise it'd be a repeat of Rampage.

but they also can't inflate the benefits so much that it creates a vacuum in random battles wherein there aren't enough tier X tanks in the queue for the MM for pubs, since they might have all gone off to the Frontlines

credit neutrality could be a good incentive, but there are also downsides to this. the biggest could be that players would just load full gold ammo and consumables, and thus turn it into one giant test server

Well, given that WG seem to be cloning shit left, right and centre out of War Thunder these days (The Personal Reserves they added existed in War Thunder for about 6 months before they added it, as did the Mission system they implemented as well) here's my guess.

Right now in War Thunder you have a "Battle Tasks" system. Complete a task (E.g. Kill X tanks in a Heavy Tank, Kill Y Medium Tanks with a Light or Medium Tank, etc, etc) you earn some Warbonds. The Warbonds are valid for a month or so and can be used in the "Warbond Store" where you can buy shit like decals, low-rank premium vehicles and boosters (The WT equivalent of personal reserves). 

So yeah, if WG are talking about a new currency I'm guessing they're going to grab another idea from WT and stick it in WoT.

3 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Well, given that WG seem to be cloning shit left, right and centre out of War Thunder these days (The Personal Reserves they added existed in War Thunder for about 6 months before they added it, as did the Mission system they implemented as well) here's my guess.

Right now in War Thunder you have a "Battle Tasks" system. Complete a task (E.g. Kill X tanks in a Heavy Tank, Kill Y Medium Tanks with a Light or Medium Tank, etc, etc) you earn some Warbonds. The Warbonds are valid for a month or so and can be used in the "Warbond Store" where you can buy shit like decals, low-rank premium vehicles and boosters (The WT equivalent of personal reserves). 

So yeah, if WG are talking about a new currency I'm guessing they're going to grab another idea from WT and stick it in WoT.

but isn't war thunder dead :kappa:

6 minutes ago, saru_richard said:

but isn't war thunder dead :kappa:

Lol, not even close mate. I can log at any time of the day and there's about 50k players online. It's not insane but it seems to be pretty stable, I haven't noticed any serious decline. It's certainly not WoWP or AW NA heat-death levels :serb:

I still remember WG promising an ingame store with stronghold boxes that you could buy even tanks. And I grinded and grinded tens of thousands. Did not happen. Wouldn't mind it happening with the frontline mode though. It's pretty fun. 

I wonder if they are planning to buff Russkies this patch. They said they want to do similar buff patch for Russian tanks as they did for German tanks. They specifically mentioned IS-7 and T-44, and said there will be others, too.

Really, IS-7 is quite fine. Ofc it seems like it needs buff because of how strong other T10s are. Just nerf majority of tier tier 10s instead of buffing more tanks and making the gap between tier 8s and 10s even higher. If it really needs buff, just buff gun a little (LITTLE, given its mobility + armor it shouldnt have awesome gun, dont make it maus V2.0) and its fine. Knowing WG though they probably buff lowerplate and UFP armor by 20mm, improve terrain resists, buff gun all around and increase lower side armor to 150 because why the hell not.

23 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

I wonder if they are planning to buff Russkies this patch. They said they want to do similar buff patch for Russian tanks as they did for German tanks. They specifically mentioned IS-7 and T-44, and said there will be others, too.

Really, IS-7 is quite fine. Ofc it seems like it needs buff because of how strong other T10s are. Just nerf majority of tier tier 10s instead of buffing more tanks and making the gap between tier 8s and 10s even higher. If it really needs buff, just buff gun a little (LITTLE, given its mobility + armor it shouldnt have awesome gun, dont make it maus V2.0) and its fine. Knowing WG though they probably buff lowerplate and UFP armor by 20mm, improve terrain resists, buff gun all around and increase lower side armor to 150 because why the hell not.

A bit of gun handling on both would be fine, but just a bit. 

3 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

A bit of gun handling on both would be fine, but just a bit. 

For T-44 i expect it to get HD model (it still doesnt have one lol) and some armor buffs among with gun handling buff.

11 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

For T-44 i expect it to get HD model (it still doesnt have one lol) and some armor buffs among with gun handling buff.

I don't what are they waiting for, T-44-100 is already done, just strip those side skirts and release it. 

IS-7 needs an accuracy buff and maybe some shell rebalancing (thatapcr is just shit), they mentioned t-54 prototype too which is one of my favorite tanks so I hope it also gets a nice model, decent pen and maybe some mobility buffs :) 

They are buffing the mod1 ? Holly cow it's already freaking good :PogChamp:

53 minutes ago, DHP said:

They are buffing the mod1 ? Holly cow it's already freaking good :PogChamp:

They should buff ammo capacity, aswell as health pool and maybe view range and call it a day. Mod 1 should benefit from new mm because one of the main flaws of the tank was getting into matches where are +5 tier 10s where Mod 1 is just fucking useless. Now it meets no more than 3 tier 10s which is helpful.