arthurwellsley

Patch 9.19

87 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DHP said:

They are buffing the mod1 ? Holly cow it's already freaking good :PogChamp:

Compare it to Defender ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Compare it to Defender ;)

Strong tier 8 versus strong tier 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Strong tier 8 versus strong tier 9

Naaah Defender is bad because you can't farm epic damage in it like in the Patriot. Balanced comrade ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

They should buff ammo capacity, aswell as health pool and maybe view range and call it a day. Mod 1 should benefit from new mm because one of the main flaws of the tank was getting into matches where are +5 tier 10s where Mod 1 is just fucking useless. Now it meets no more than 3 tier 10s which is helpful.

also they need to give the tank 210/245 pen at least, 183 issa joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vindi said:

also they need to give the tank 210/245 pen at least, 183 issa joke

The simplest solution is to give it the T-54's gun but scrap the HEAT round and replace it with the 120's APCR. The same could probably be done with the T-44 and 44-100, and would make both more viable in the support role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lavawing said:

The simplest solution is to give it the T-54's gun but scrap the HEAT round and replace it with the 120's APCR. The same could probably be done with the T-44 and 44-100, and would make both more viable in the support role.

I could maybe see that, but still with 250 alpha. 320 would be ludicrous for this thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

I could maybe see that, but still with 250 alpha. 320 would be ludicrous for this thing 

They're already testing the T-44-100 with 300 alpha so i can defos see it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing is slow so 245pen on the prem round is no different to a 235pen prem round. Even with new MM there are still jap tanks, defenders, llibertes, patriots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IS7 needs a little love in the dpm department or pen. I can deal with the shit gun but it just fails to get damage out most of the time. It's the same problem as the IS3 imo. It has got insane survivability but is a shit damage dealer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rspctd said:

IS7 needs a little love in the dpm department or pen. I can deal with the shit gun but it just fails to get damage out most of the time. It's the same problem as the IS3 imo. It has got insane survivability but is a shit damage dealer. 

Is3 has no problems comrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Rspctd said:

IS7 needs a little love in the dpm department or pen. I can deal with the shit gun but it just fails to get damage out most of the time. It's the same problem as the IS3 imo. It has got insane survivability but is a shit damage dealer. 

For me IS-3 is quite opposite of IS-7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

I don't what are they waiting for, T-44-100 is already done, just strip those side skirts and release it. 

Doesn't WG farm out all their HD modelling to a 3rd party company?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

For me IS-3 is quite opposite of IS-7. 

Yup. Good pen. Good gun handling. Turret has weakspot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that they will not forget to buff KV-5. They mentioned somewhere that T-54 first prototype and KV-5 should be totally reworked, so we will see what we will get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T-34-3 needs some love. A third party modder did an HD model for it about a year ago, still nada from WG. Tank is almost identical to the WZ120 so it would be nice if it got the 120 armor model by mistake when updated. It needs some love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see this as a positive change. The new frontline game mode is gonna be the call of duty to the standard counter strike style of play in tanks, and if nurtured properly through marketing and being nice to players, will be able to attract a large number of new players purely by enhancing the game's diversity.

I think one of the ways they're going to populate the frontline game mode is by introducing the aforementioned new currency as something unique to the game mode, functioning kind of like SH resources in acquisition, and providing some generally nice benefits to the players when used.

If the above all actually happens, I expect a major marketing campaign for wot to be thrown down.

Just my speculation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tesarpaul said:

I hope that they will not forget to buff KV-5. They mentioned somewhere that T-54 first prototype and KV-5 should be totally reworked, so we will see what we will get.

Oh yes, pls fuck up KV-5 buff so hard that it becomes thomas the rape-engine of tanks and WG will ever sell it again so i also have rare tenk on top of that :trollface:

Inb4 they give it something like KV-4's gun (290 apcr pen) with KV-5's DPM and gun handling, and on top of that make R2D2 and every single cupola atleat 180 mm thick. Oh and maybe implement the uniform 150mm ass armor like it had on 9.14 test server 1st phase. Honestly, i wouldnt be surprised if that happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Oh yes, pls fuck up KV-5 buff so hard that it becomes thomas the rape-engine of tanks and WG will ever sell it again so i also have rare tenk on top of that :trollface:

Inb4 they give it something like KV-4's gun (290 apcr pen) with KV-5's DPM and gun handling, and on top of that make R2D2 and every single cupola atleat 180 mm thick. Oh and maybe implement the uniform 150mm ass armor like it had on 9.14 test server 1st phase. Honestly, i wouldnt be surprised if that happened.

I really wonder what they will do to the kv5. It needs pen buff but if they kill the DPM it will still be shit. Well they can always buff turret + pen and keep rest the same and it will be a very nasty tank already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I really wonder what they will do to the kv5. It needs pen buff but if they kill the DPM it will still be shit. Well they can always buff turret + pen and keep rest the same and it will be a very nasty tank already.

I dont think turret buff is even needed if pen gets buffed to 190 / 235 which would already make the tank kick ass hard again. Even with current pen i still do fairly well with the tank.

If anything buff the mantle armor instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leggasiini said:

I dont think turret buff is even needed if pen gets buffed to 190 / 235 which would already make the tank kick ass hard again. Even with current pen i still do fairly well with the tank.

If anything buff the mantle armor instead.

Mantle + face. The problem with a weak turret is it makes the tank super weak against idiot players. 

Also 190/235 doesn't really change much. You will be able to deal with is'3s but oho, type4, e75, vkb, defendor, patriot and a few others will still be unreliable. We might be able to deal with it but for average pubbie this buff will do shit and remember WG is balancing tanks for 49%ers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Mantle + face. The problem with a weak turret is it makes the tank super weak against idiot players. 

Also 190/235 doesn't really change much. You will be able to deal with is'3s but oho, type4, e75, vkb, defendor, patriot and a few others will still be unreliable. We might be able to deal with it but for average pubbie this buff will do shit and remember WG is balancing tanks for 49%ers.

O-Ho is easily pennable with 235 APCR at close ranges. Just shoot turret cheeks and you pen it any time.

Defender LFP gets penned pretty reliably too especially if its unangled.

Patriot hull should be pennable even with AP shells from some places.

If you brawl tier 9 superheavies from front with KV-5 your doing it wrong. 190 pen really helps to deal with RNG and gives it just general punching power, while 235 APCR pen makes some places that were unreliable before (o-ho, defender LFP and type 4 cheeks depending on angle) more reliable.

Really, if you give KV-5 good enough pen so it can pen T9 superheavies from front it really becomes broken as hell. Its biggest flaw is penetration; remove that and all you have left is the fact its big and has weakspots (but it has fuckton of health anyways and it still has MUCH more protection than any medium in its tier and still above-average for heavy standards)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

O-Ho is easily pennable with 235 APCR at close ranges. Just shoot turret cheeks and you pen it any time.

Defender LFP gets penned pretty reliably too especially if its unangled.

Patriot hull should be pennable even with AP shells from some places.

If you brawl tier 9 superheavies from front with KV-5 your doing it wrong. 190 pen really helps to deal with RNG and gives it just general punching power, while 235 APCR pen makes some places that were unreliable before (o-ho, defender LFP and type 4 cheeks depending on angle) more reliable.

Really, if you give KV-5 good enough pen so it can pen T9 superheavies from front it really becomes broken as hell. Its biggest flaw is penetration; remove that and all you have left is the fact its big and has weakspots (but it has fuckton of health anyways and it still has MUCH more protection than any medium in its tier and still above-average for heavy standards)

yeah but angled defender will still be unpennable. With the rest I agree. I can easily deal with 235 prem pen but it needs some extra buffs to the turret face if you don't want to be raped by anyone with 55% and up WR. 

Also as I mentioned pubbies will still struggle if all you buff is pen and Wargaming is not buffing tanks for Wotlabs. They are buffing them for the avg russian player (remember they also hate to sling gold). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends how fare you are. If the KV-5 is close to the defender the cupolas become extremely easy targets. If anything though, the Defender should get its turret roof reduced to 30 or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

If anything though, the Defender should get its turret roof reduced to 30 or something.

"but we cant nerf premium tanks" says WG

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tupinambis said:

It depends how fare you are. If the KV-5 is close to the defender the cupolas become extremely easy targets. If anything though, the Defender should get its turret roof reduced to 30 or something.

The thing your titties + turret face + turret cupola are a bit easier to hit than his 2 small cupolas. You aren't trading well in a kv5 against that POS. 

Also as Lega said. Defender has painted WG into a corner. Since no nerfs to prems now they have to buff all the other tanks to make them competitive. GG WG.

 

Also new MM is a nerf to the kv5 and all pref MM tanks. Some youtuber did a 40 game run in a kv5 and counted true top trier games in it. Result? 3 games top trier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.