CraBeatOff

I WANNA GO FAST: The T-100LT Appreciation Thread

83 posts in this topic

I've yet to unlock or buy this, but I am already appreciating the T-100LT. What's not to love about a tank that accelerates like the old ELC, has a turret that gets you 0.20 armor use values (extending your hp well beyond any of the other X LTs) has such low dispersion values that you don't need a Vert Stab? Well...maybe the anemic gun and poor accuracy, but those aren't enough to scare ME off. Here is a mini Garbad-style review.


Protection:

Best in class! Tiny turret has 180mm and its slope-y. See me bounce a Grille 15! Its not a thing you can rely on, but it doesn't matter. 1 in 5 shots gonna bounce, and that means you live longer. The 90mm frontal plate is about 215 flat on. It never gets above 230 or so, before it goes to richochet angles, but who cares again, its protection! Sides are 40mm. Again, nothing special, but you're gonna get random bounces, particularly because of your ability to whip the tank around in brawls. RASHA BIAS!

Camo is ALSO best in class. In these replays I am running with two PARTIAL camo crew members, and no camo on the 3rd. I don't know the actual values, but I've seen over 40% quoted. Its a LOT of camo, being 300-330m from an E-100 not being seen. RASHA BIAS! 

View range is a poor 390. Doesn't really matter though, since you can skip the V Stab and run Optics + Vents. Grab some BiA, some Rations and both VR perks and you're sitting at 482m of VR. Thats more than enough. Sure 500+ is nice, but when you have so much camo, you can afford to need to get 20m closer. 

Its also really short, which is useful. 

Mobility:

Best in class! (theme? theme.) Its got all the horsepower, turning and braking force you'd ever need. The turret moves plenty fast too, so you don't awkwardly get stuck circling without being able to catch up. Real high top speed of 72, easily maintained. Its a climber. The only hard part for boosting might be the length and wide set tracks, meaning some areas it may be hard to get tracks in contact. This is a minor complaint. It flies.

Firepower:

Its firepower is poor, but not irreconcilably so. Proper loading gets you to 2700 dpm. This isn't great, given that the Sheridan can get to 3k and most tier X mediums START at 3k and rise to 3300-3600. But you should be avoiding dpm fights with everything anyhow (and given the mobility and camo factors, its not hard to do so). Poor accuracy at 0.44 coming down to 0.40 with bia, vents, rations. 6.8s reload for 300 alpha is nothing to write home about. It'd be great if it just had half a second more, to more reliably permatrack things. Pen is ok at 230, more or less standard for LT apcr. The 248 AP round is kind of an unknown. I've yet to figure out its advantages. The 790 m/s speed is a real fucker though, as opposed to the 1,200 m/s on the APCR. Its good vs stuff like LFP on the E-100 and other slope-y things, and its much lower pen drop off at distance is useful. 

So really the firepower is bad, but at least you have enough alpha to 2 shot all the tier X arties unless you get wildly low rolls. At least it has the mobility and camo to get set up for shots. 

 

Note: Meant to post replay pack. Realized the account I played the games on didn't have replay recording turned on. I'll get some up when I can. In the meantime, grind your T-54LWs and gather your creditos. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So even with having gun that is barely average for tier 8 heavy (outside from bloom values and regular round pen) it seems to be fairly okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leggasiini said:

So even with having gun that is barely average for tier 8 heavy (outside from bloom values and regular round pen) it seems to be fairly okay?

If the Tier 8 HTs were half the size, zoomed around at 72 kph and couldn't be spotted until 300m away what would you say? :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

If the Tier 8 HTs were half the size, zoomed around at 72 kph and couldn't be spotted until 300m away what would you say? :-D

Just another t8 premium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For camo just check tank stats in garage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it fun? Sounds fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Still not convinced

Of what? That its fast and sneaky?

39 minutes ago, sr360 said:

Is it fun? Sounds fun.

Its fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm...so you went here over the Rheinmetall Panzerlosswagon huh?  I went the other way for higher DPM and better accuracy with a few more HP.  Nearly as fast.  Not as good camo or armor...LOTS more view range.  Trouble for me in this current MM is when your in a 3/5/7 match and the other team gets tier 10 MTs and HTs.  Hard to do your part against superior tanks.

I'll grind this one out in time.  Looking forward to continued thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Grasschopper said:

Hmm...so you went here over the Rheinmetall Panzerlosswagon huh?  I went the other way for higher DPM and better accuracy with a few more HP.  Nearly as fast.  Not as good camo or armor...LOTS more view range.  Trouble for me in this current MM is when your in a 3/5/7 match and the other team gets tier 10 MTs and HTs.  Hard to do your part against superior tanks.

I'll grind this one out in time.  Looking forward to continued thoughts.

I think that's the part where WG screwed up. If Lights still got light tank spots then the argument "but they are almost as good as meds" would be valid but when you change the matchmaker so that the lights take the same spots as meds in teams then that sentence must have been ushered and accepted by complete and utter morons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Of what? That its fast and sneaky?

That its worth the purchase.

There's more to a tank than mobility and its offensive capabilities suck shit. Idk, I'm biased because of my experience with it on test. Fun, ill probably get it eventually, but there were plenty of times were I wanted to be in anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I think that's the part where WG screwed up. If Lights still got light tank spots then the argument "but they are almost as good as meds" would be valid but when you change the matchmaker so that the lights take the same spots as meds in teams then that sentence must have been ushered and accepted by complete and utter morons.

Yeah the problem with MM right now is that due to low server population of tier 10 LTs, while MM DOES match you against another LT...it's not always, or even often, a tier 10 LT.  I wish I had a screen shot of some of the MM I've gotten.  The new MM is nice....but it can be dicy to play a tier 10 LT in it when server populations are down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Grasschopper said:

Yeah the problem with MM right now is that due to low server population of tier 10 LTs, while MM DOES match you against another LT...it's not always, or even often, a tier 10 LT.  I wish I had a screen shot of some of the MM I've gotten.  The new MM is nice....but it can be dicy to play a tier 10 LT in it when server populations are down.

Yeah it must be fun to play late and get himmels where your team gets you in a t100 and the enemy team gets a Maus or a Type5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grasschopper said:

Hmm...so you went here over the Rheinmetall Panzerlosswagon huh?  I went the other way for higher DPM and better accuracy with a few more HP.  Nearly as fast.  Not as good camo or armor...LOTS more view range.  Trouble for me in this current MM is when your in a 3/5/7 match and the other team gets tier 10 MTs and HTs.  Hard to do your part against superior tanks.

I'll grind this one out in time.  Looking forward to continued thoughts.

The RhmPz is pretty bad. That bloom and size/softness. What's worse than a Leo1 in every way? That tank.

37 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

That its worth the purchase.

There's more to a tank than mobility and its offensive capabilities suck shit. Idk, I'm biased because of my experience with it on test. Fun, ill probably get it eventually, but there were plenty of times were I wanted to be in anything else.

I didn't play on test at all, so I'm only able to speak to NA. Its 3k dpg capable, and I'm not particularly good at dpg. Its offense is weak, but all these LTs are real weak offensively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the mm problems with a T-100 vs. a T-62A will be fixed tomorrow for NA atleast.  

From Status Report:

Patch notes:

The matchmaking mechanics were adjusted as follows:

  1. The top tier of three-tier battles will comprise the same number of tank destroyers, SPGs, and light tanks (of both Platoon and solo players) in both teams. For each of these vehicle types, the number of vehicles will be the same in both teams (i.e. they will be treated separately). In addition, the top tier will comprise the same aggregate number of medium and heavy tanks in both teams, but these vehicle types will not be treated separately.
  2. The top tier of three-tier battles can have only one SPG.

The T-100 is probably the only one I'm going to get the in the near future because I only have the T-54 ltwt and the 13 90. I was thinking about getting the AMX 13 105, but it really seems like a worse B-C 25t. I don't feel the reload is short enough to justify giving up all the things it does. T-100 seems like a ton of fun even if it's not competitive imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Hey what about the WZ? Have you tried it?

WZ is a monster, its the only LT not to be hit with the alpha nerf and it has a better turret then the T 100

 

its definitely a solid contender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Hey what about the WZ? Have you tried it?

Tomorrow! So so many tanks to evaluate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like this light but prefer the WZ love the dmg and better gun, depression sucks but getting 445 rolls on RU meds make me smile

i cant pen for shit in the T100 so many bounces and crit hits.  3 bounces/crit hits in a row on a damn conway that is 40m in front of me sitting still tracked, i almost sold the damn thing after that. i have had some great battles in it but i cuss it more than i say good about it, it is fun the speed is retarded, i like the WZ so much more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheChang said:

The T-100 is probably the only one I'm going to get the in the near future because I only have the T-54 ltwt and the 13 90. I was thinking about getting the AMX 13 105, but it really seems like a worse B-C 25t. I don't feel the reload is short enough to justify giving up all the things it does. T-100 seems like a ton of fun even if it's not competitive imo.

Same, and +1.

I will probably keep the 13 90 for fun and padding, and grind the ltwt. Also, just bought the t49 pre-patch so I will grind the sheridan as it's seems like the most viable alternative post-nerf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, _Dia said:

@CraBeatOff Please tidy your inbox so I can PM you about how afk we've been 

Fine fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's the tier 10 light I'm most tempted by because of that combo of mobility, low profile and troll armour. Gun is woeful but I imagine the tank is fun, it's probably the closest thing around to the old T-50-2 and certainly has some ELC side hugging memes going for it. 

It's mobility was insane when I played it on test and sandbox (though first iteration it had like 56 hp/ton lol) Shame they hit it so hard with the nerf bat on the gun but I still think this tank is pretty unique in what it can do, pretty much the ultimate brawling/dogfighting light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tajj7 said:

it's the tier 10 light I'm most tempted by because of that combo of mobility, low profile and troll armour. Gun is woeful but I imagine the tank is fun, it's probably the closest thing around to the old T-50-2 and certainly has some ELC side hugging memes going for it. 

It's mobility was insane when I played it on test and sandbox (though first iteration it had like 56 hp/ton lol) Shame they hit it so hard with the nerf bat on the gun but I still think this tank is pretty unique in what it can do, pretty much the ultimate brawling/dogfighting light. 

It can also ram all the other lights since it weighs like a medium. And the gun is not that bad if you consider the aim time and it has the highest pen and alpha of all LTs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

And the gun is not that bad if you consider the aim time and it has the highest pen and alpha of all LTs.

Arent you talking about WZ-132-1 now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.