CraBeatOff

I WANNA GO FAST: The T-100LT Appreciation Thread

79 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

How is 4k combined and 66% not effective? I don't get it!?!?!

Because general feedback and statistics have more weight than the example of one player. 

The tank is clearly not that effective for most people, even very good players and clearly pretty underpowered as most of the tier 10 lights are.

I was playing some games last night and we faced the same FAME platoon 3 times in a row, one of the guys was playing the Sheridan in those games, we beat them all 3 times. I went to look as his results in the Sheridan and he'd played over 90 games in it, with a 51% WR, and probably a lot of those games were platooned with other super unicums, yet he clearly couldn't make the impact in game he wanted. 

That seems pretty common to me, so you might be an exception to the standard. 

But even then your WR has dropped to 60% in it from what I can see, which is quite below your recent WR, that to me says it's not very effective. 

Looking at tier 10 med with a similar amount of games played (no idea if it's recently played), your Patton is at 70% WR, with 3,250 DPG, so 10% higher WR and 600 more DPG, and more average XP per game.  Obviously the sample is still fairly small but I think over 100 games played usually gives a good picture. 60% and 2.6 DPG is great for many people but to me it looks below your usual influence.

20 hours ago, tajj7 said:

I'm not denying it can be fun, it's a go kart essentially, but it's not effective IMO.

I was watching skill4ltu last night and he basically called them all garbage and I couldn't really argue with him.

Mine for now is going to sit unplayed for a while, I've got a clan mate who has the Rhm. and he reckons it's just as trash, the 13-105 is basically a worse Bat Chat so I'm working on getting the WZ-132-1 to give that a go because it at least has better pen and meaningful alpha, though only at the WZ-132 at the moment. 

RHM is the worst imho. Good VR but worst gun for a fast tank and it's huge with no armor. 

4 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Because general feedback and statistics have more weight than the example of one player. 

The tank is clearly not that effective for most people, even very good players and clearly pretty underpowered as most of the tier 10 lights are.

I was playing some games last night and we faced the same FAME platoon 3 times in a row, one of the guys was playing the Sheridan in those games, we beat them all 3 times. I went to look as his results in the Sheridan and he'd played over 90 games in it, with a 51% WR, and probably a lot of those games were platooned with other super unicums, yet he clearly couldn't make the impact in game he wanted. 

That seems pretty common to me, so you might be an exception to the standard. 

But even then your WR has dropped to 60% in it from what I can see, which is quite below your recent WR, that to me says it's not very effective. 

Looking at tier 10 med with a similar amount of games played (no idea if it's recently played), your Patton is at 70% WR, with 3,250 DPG, so 10% higher WR and 600 more DPG, and more average XP per game.  Obviously the sample is still fairly small but I think over 100 games played usually gives a good picture. 60% and 2.6 DPG is great for many people but to me it looks below your usual influence.

Indeed, and its decidedly worse than the mediums. I totally agree there, I see you standard. As for my poor stats...well my 4k combined is about the same as my Patton, and honestly, I don't usually just solo my 10s :-D But I'm not disputing that the LTs are weak, of course they are, WG will never let them not be!

>>>>>>>GO FAST>>>>>>

This is all I needed to know to grind this tank. 100k to go...

As a blue shitter, I have a equipment related question.

I play it with rammer, optics, vstab, with food I get 470ish metres of view range.

Today I met a former member of FAME (TheGamingLion) that suggested to switch vstab for vents, because the tank already has good dispersion values (.06 base). Is it worth to do so?

1 hour ago, WhatTheSkara said:

As a blue shitter, I have a equipment related question.

I play it with rammer, optics, vstab, with food I get 470ish metres of view range.

Today I met a former member of FAME (TheGamingLion) that suggested to switch vstab for vents, because the tank already has good dispersion values (.06 base). Is it worth to do so?

Yes, and @CarbonWard agrees. No need for vstab, vents gives more use.

I would seriously enjoy the lights with their gimped DPM and pen if they could hit stuff fully aimed :(

We've been using them in CW because of their camo + view range as well as their 24 hour lock time. 

You can suicide scout and not give a shit because you can play again the next day. I guess that's one way to get people to play light tanks in CW. 

7 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Yes, and @CarbonWard agrees. No need for vstab, vents gives more use.

So that will be my first tier 10 to not use a vstab xD

But I guess it's worth the extra camo and view range, and tbf .01 improvement on .06 dispersion isn't that much..

1 hour ago, WhatTheSkara said:

So that will be my first tier 10 to not use a vstab xD

But I guess it's worth the extra camo and view range, and tbf .01 improvement on .06 dispersion isn't that much..

Exactly. The 0.01 improvement on accuracy, the ~8m view range, the camo and the small reload improvement win out.

12 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Exactly. The 0.01 improvement on accuracy, the ~8m view range, the camo and the small reload improvement win out.

Played 2 games, didn't notice any difference in handling, but I did notice the vr and camo difference, oh boi. Crossing alleys on Paris without getting spotted is so Kreygasm.

I just have to wait for prok or any other open map to get some dank assisted..

I was looking at the improved equipment from ranked mode on the T-100.

You can get the dispersion to 0.04, 0.04, 0.03 with a 1.74s aim time lel. 

And yet you can't get the dispersion any lower than 0.4 cos reasons. 

I played 5 games in this last night. I'm not entirely sold on it. It's pretty fun to drive but the accuracy is noticeably awful. It's pretty frustrating to pull off a nice flank and then miss shot after shot on the side of an enemy tank that isn't all that far away. Everything else about the tank is pretty enjoyable though so I'll have to give it some more time.

The real question will be, is this sufficiently more enjoyable than the 54LT to have to suffer through games with many more tier 10 tanks? Your firepower doesn't improve any substantial amount. You certainly accelerate a bit faster, but top speed is the same and turning is (I think) worse. It does gain some useful additional armor and a much smaller profile.

Additional play time needed...

15 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

I played 5 games in this last night. I'm not entirely sold on it. It's pretty fun to drive but the accuracy is noticeably awful. It's pretty frustrating to pull off a nice flank and then miss shot after shot on the side of an enemy tank that isn't all that far away. Everything else about the tank is pretty enjoyable though so I'll have to give it some more time.

The real question will be, is this sufficiently more enjoyable than the 54LT to have to suffer through games with many more tier 10 tanks? Your firepower doesn't improve any substantial amount. You certainly accelerate a bit faster, but top speed is the same and turning is (I think) worse. It does gain some useful additional armor and a much smaller profile.

Additional play time needed...

I kept both. 

Love the tank! But Im pretty much a tomato in it at the moment. Can not carry T10 games, and need that badly with the horrible teams Im getting. 48% WR after the first 50 games. Luckily had one amazing (but boring) game to ace it already

Something I really hate is being the only light tank in a complete t10 game. Happens far too often. Risk of playing late at night. Don't like complete t10 games in general. I just feel useless.

7 hours ago, Epic said:

Love the tank! But Im pretty much a tomato in it at the moment. Can not carry T10 games, and need that badly with the horrible teams Im getting. 48% WR after the first 50 games. Luckily had one amazing (but boring) game to ace it already

Something I really hate is being the only light tank in a complete t10 game. Happens far too often. Risk of playing late at night. Don't like complete t10 games in general. I just feel useless.

You really can't really carry in T10 lights at least in most of the situations/maps. Or if you can you would've done it way easier in mediums. 

In 255 games I'm at 65% with 3,971 combined.

I started out with a 3 skill crew, optics, rammer, vstab. I enjoyed the tank so I switched to my beast mode crew with 6 skills. Before my Obj. 140, they were in my T-50-2 (and T-50 before that), seemed appropriate.

Vstab was nice for snap-shoting a skorpion from 250m away while going 72kmph over bumpy terrain (yeah that happened). But switching to vents was a noticeable improvement. Having clutch breaking fully trained is also quite nice.

Now I have 494m view range, 42% Camo, 70.68 traverse, 6.8s reload, and .4 dispersion.

The tank is challenging to play and I love it.

I love this tank,

But boy do I hate this tank.... after my first 10 games I had like 20% winrate and 900 avg damage :MingLee:

Currently sitting at about 2.8k dmg now with a slow increase towards the 3k mark, averaging about 3200 but getting it higher then that will be tough.

The winrate is at about 70%

Im only 82 games in so still a fairly small sample size but as of now I only know of one player with higher avg damage but less then a 60% winrate. 

The speed of the tank and the mobility is just :kreygasm:, I seriously love driving around in it and im having a lot of fun just flying around the map while 3 marking it. 

The armor can actually troll pretty well but I would not call it reliable, within 10 seconds yesterday I bounced a Jgpz E100 and a tier 9 waffel. 

I also had 2 games in a row where first I got penned by a T49 and the following game this happened. https://clips.twitch.tv/SmellyPlayfulClipsdadRlyTho

The gun is horrible, seriously. the 2-3 early damage farming shots I just dont get as 2 always derp somehow. and if im lucky i sneak one shot in. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/BraveWealthyMarrowNerfRedBlaster Sums the gun up in a nutshell. 

Combine the shitty gun with the shitty DPM and I would say its not a great tank for carrying games in. It does have a very high skill ceiling and unless you want to handicap yourself against the enemy team I would probably tell people to think twice before they get this tank.

But I still love it, but I really really hate it to! 

Ive played it now (was gifted 12k gold from WG for submitting a ping plotter, thx!) and all I kept thinking was "if I had 1 second faster reload when maxed and .4 base accuracy, this would be damn good!"

The camo values are fantastic, mobility is great. Gun handling is amaze. Its just constantly let down by poor DPM, accuracy and sometimes pen values in the battles Ive played it

This is my second t10 light. I have learned my lesson - every replay I've watched on these, the guys run food. So I now run food. It sure helps level the field a bit.

Overall this is a very fun tank and the abuse of camo is the best part.

Pen is terrible - a miserable 230 falling to a ridic 184 at 500m - that's a 20% dropoff .

The prem round isn't worth loading as its pens hardly any better (243) than the silver round (230) - I carry none. 

Here's a fun replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/3815173#sacred_valley-gryphon-t-100_lt

(Viewers are cautioned that a Foch B and some arty were harmed in the making of this replay)

Yea @Gryphon_, it simply needs the food for the VR and the accuracy, with the dpm boost being minor. It getting 0.2 off the reload will be nice, although I'd like ot see 0.4 or 0.6 please WG! This tank is a real candidate for improved equipment though, since its optimal loadout includes vents and optics (to boost VR), vents and rammer (to boost dpm) and vents to boost accuracy. I'm seeing it able to get VR close to 500 (tanks.gg doesnt match in-garage values on some stuff) and just shy of 2900 dpm (and just shy of 3k if planned reload buff goes through)

Here is a fun match, where I brawl, then I kite!

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3820024#winterberg-crabeatoff-t-100_lt

1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

The fact that spot is still in the game is a witness to the quality of WG's map department.

What could possibly wrong with a nearly uncounterable spot that makes the match nearly unwinnable for the enemy? Was fun to slowfuck that JpE though. And the fact that the terrain made it EASIER to kill that Sheridan is absurd.

I almost certainly would have 3 marked this tank today if WG's other departments were any better than their mappers.

How do you guys win in this tank? I just can't, any map where camo has some value I do fine, but anything else it has zero presence, I move as much as I can, find angles to fire, flank people where I can, circle lone people etc. but if the team is poor then you just don't do enough damage fast enough to have any impact. 

For every shot I pen, usually another will miss or bounce even at medium ranges and the premium AP I find pretty pointless aside a bit less RNG against heavy tank sides at distance. 

Between playing this tank and tier 8 premiums that are constantly in tier 10 games I barely win over 50% of games these days. I'm not at my best but I'm not that bad, but I just can't buy a win in this tank. 

18 hours ago, tajj7 said:

How do you guys win in this tank? I just can't, any map where camo has some value I do fine, but anything else it has zero presence, I move as much as I can, find angles to fire, flank people where I can, circle lone people etc. but if the team is poor then you just don't do enough damage fast enough to have any impact. 

For every shot I pen, usually another will miss or bounce even at medium ranges and the premium AP I find pretty pointless aside a bit less RNG against heavy tank sides at distance. 

Between playing this tank and tier 8 premiums that are constantly in tier 10 games I barely win over 50% of games these days. I'm not at my best but I'm not that bad, but I just can't buy a win in this tank. 

Don't play t10 lights.