Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SchnitzelTruck

BatChat 12T Appreciation Thread

48 posts in this topic

What happens when you take an AMX 1375 and increase its alpha, pen, top speed, gun handling, ammo capacity, gun elevation, give it vertstabs and double its horsepower, while retaining the same MM as before?

A not too shitty tier8 that's actually pretty fun at times!

I at first thought it was pretty trash because 170 alpha at tier8, come on guys...really? But now that I've put a solid number of battles under my belt ive had carries in this that I've never had in other LT's. It's very frustrating at times because the gun is your standard French baguette cannon firing croissants in random directions, and with only 4 shells in a clip that destroys your mid-long range capabilities. The rest of the package seems to work pretty well. You never really run out of ammo, have just enough VR to be a useful spotter, great mobility, decent gun handling, stealthy little bastard and extremely low to the ground with a tiny turret which seems to help me get away with stupid things and not get my face shot off.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3536515#stats

qQ1GNuQ.jpg

kr5Tnd2.jpg

apgyCCJ.jpg

I sold it immediately on patch day without playing it

rip

That was some replay!  

Not least because of that moron LTTB driver!  Reported!  

Looks like the grind to the 13 90 is going to be fun.  I already love my 13 75.  

1 hour ago, cavman276 said:

As did I. Tier 8 is pretty ebola anyways, the only worse battle tier is 7. And isn't the M41 bulldog better LT for the tier?

12 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

As did I. Tier 8 is pretty ebola anyways, the only worse battle tier is 7. And isn't the M41 bulldog better LT for the tier?

This thing has autoloader* and better camo, i guess.

*anyone who uses autoloader on bulldoge now is as big idiot as someone who uses 122 on T-44.

29 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

tier8 isn't that bad with the new MM since you're basically only fighting tier8s and 9s.

M41 is better in pretty much every way if you don't like autoloaders.

23 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

tier8 isn't that bad with the new MM since you're basically only fighting tier8s and 9s.

ussr-R134_Object_252U.png

Just now, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

ussr-R134_Object_252U.png

Do any of you actually have a single issue dealing with defenders? It feels as easy to beat the shit out of as any other tier8 heavy.

6 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Do any of you actually have a single issue dealing with defenders? It feels as easy to beat the shit out of as any other tier8 heavy.

The tanks I tend to play are the sort that can barely touch it from the front with gold ammo, so yes.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a VK 100.01 P that's not the size of an apartment complex, has mobility, and is even tougher frontally.

actually you're wrong about a number of things

13 75 can have vert stabs (all lights tier 5 and up can now), 12t has worse gun handling and aim time, it has less DPM and accelerates lower due to shitty tracks

http://tanks.gg/tank/b-c-12-t/stats?cs=amx-13-75

also 380 view range is a pain without a decent crew and vision skills to compensate, but thats just my experience

6 minutes ago, lordawesome7 said:

actually you're wrong about a number of things

13 75 can have vert stabs (all lights tier 5 and up can now), 12t has worse gun handling and aim time, it has less DPM and accelerates lower due to shitty tracks

http://tanks.gg/tank/b-c-12-t/stats?cs=amx-13-75

also 380 view range is a pain without a decent crew and vision skills to compensate, but thats just my experience

My impression was that he was comparing it to the AMX 13 75 before the patch.  As far as MM is concerned, this is the new AMX 13 75.

1 minute ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

My impression was that he was comparing it to the AMX 13 75 before the patch.  As far as MM is concerned, this is the new AMX 13 75.

i guess, but even then, 13 75 is virtually better in every way besides alpha and pen a tier under

though i guess this difference is still better then T71 and M41 autoloader (but unlike 12t, M41 gets a single shot option to compensate)

I've not played either yet, the BC 12t still sits untouched in my garage, but the ammo count boost is a big deal.  Unless you roll max dmg with every shot and pen every shot, neither of those two games he screencapped would have been possible in the 13 75.  While those games certainly aren't the norm, not always running low on ammo is a nice comfort.  

I will agree that there could be room for debate over whether or not the BC 12t improves enough over the 13 75, but the BC 12t certain isn't worse.  There's a few stats that are vaguely inferior on the BC 12t, but the gun is more potent, is 7 hp/ton faster, 10m view range, and has superior gun elevation and top speed.  

I thought this tank would be garbage at first and only kept it to grind out the AMX-30, but it's not looking too bad to me.  To put things into perspective of how I'm seeing this, the gun is an autoloader version of the LTTB's gun.  It's much closer to an 85mm than a 75mm.

26 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

^^ my post was comparing this tank to the pre patch 1375 as the batchat 12t replaced it in terms of MM

4 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Please teach us how, all we know is not shoot the UFP and stalin magic zones on the side armor.

1 hour ago, Nekommando said:

Please teach us how, all we know is not shoot the UFP and stalin magic zones on the side armor.

the ones russian bias guides your shells to via the hand of stalin?

14 minutes ago, garryallen said:

the ones russian bias guides your shells to via the hand of stalin?

Yes. Actually, yuo need to be more specific: is it the blackhole side armor that also stored Vodka, or the mantlet made of magnetized stalinium, or liquid metal stalinium UFP? It's so confusing. 

7 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Played pretty much only T8s yesterday. Most matches I got were T10 and T9 MMs and my T10s were beyond retarded. Feels bad man :popcornkitty:

btw where is my sad looking Pepe? And this angry red faced guy emoticon? Badmins wtf. 

10 hours ago, cavman276 said:

rip

Did the same, made an assessment of all the tier 8 lights and decided to sell the HWK-12, Bat Chat 12t and Bulldog. 

Was tempted to play the Bat Chat 12t, but had no spare crews for it and the 1390 is awesome so that's the French autoloader light I kept.

Decided the Lttb would be the tier 8 light I kept because I free XP'd it before cos of the gun depression but it's pretty fun. 

Also re-bought the T71 because it's awesome. 

No, I have no real problem fighting the Defender in any of the many tanks in which I've faced it.  So I have no idea why such whining is so rampant.  It's the rare Defender driver I meet that seems to understand the strengths of his tank enough to leverage them.  Most seem to think they are invincible in their shiny new premium and act stupid.  The LFP, un-angled, is pennable by many AP rounds.

With the new MM, T8 seems fine to me, and T7, if you can find a decent T7 tank to play (I recommend the lights), is also fine, and sometimes quite fun. The new MM means there's only ever 3 T9 tanks for you to face, max. 

And the Bulldog was beat senseless with the nerf bat. It's still a great platform, but the auto loader sucks now, and if you're going to use the single gun, run the 41 90. It's not as mobile, but not that far off, and the gun is ridiculous. 

The new T8 12t does indeed seem to be an improvement on the old 13 75, which I already liked quite well. Close to unlocking it, so looking forward to trying it out. 

On 28.04.2017 at 4:51 PM, Griphos said:

No, I have no real problem fighting the Defender in any of the many tanks in which I've faced it.  So I have no idea why such whining is so rampant.  It's the rare Defender driver I meet that seems to understand the strengths of his tank enough to leverage them.  Most seem to think they are invincible in their shiny new premium and act stupid.  The LFP, un-angled, is pennable by many AP rounds.

With the new MM, T8 seems fine to me, and T7, if you can find a decent T7 tank to play (I recommend the lights), is also fine, and sometimes quite fun. The new MM means there's only ever 3 T9 tanks for you to face, max. 

And the Bulldog was beat senseless with the nerf bat. It's still a great platform, but the auto loader sucks now, and if you're going to use the single gun, run the 41 90. It's not as mobile, but not that far off, and the gun is ridiculous. 

The new T8 12t does indeed seem to be an improvement on the old 13 75, which I already liked quite well. Close to unlocking it, so looking forward to trying it out. 

The thing is the defender is strong enough to roll over equally stupid pubbies on your team. Not to mention on flat ground the lfp is 225mm. 50/50 for better standard rounds on heavies and 30/70 for worse while being 10/90 for meds is a bit problematic. Plus pubbies moronic play actually benefits this tank since angling the pike gives you 240lfp and 250 ufp. 

The tank is easy to beat because pubbies are retards but saying it's easy to pen in a topic about a tank which cannot pen it frontally except for the cupolas is a bit funny. You should stop posting based on what you feel in game. 

As for the bat 12t - it's much better vs 13 75 though I'm surprised WG haven't changed the misions since lights are now better at damage but worse at spotting + you get way less hp in most battles so doing LT14-4 takes time... 

I didn't say it is easy to pen  I said it was pennable by many AP rounds, which is a fact.  And, unlike you, I was responding to the substance of several posts in the thread, something you find extremely difficult apparently.

And you should really stop conflating experience and "feelings."

I realize you have a hard on for me because I've pointed out your inanity in a couple of threads; but would you please stop following me around and posting stupid and almost always pointless rebuttals to my posts because your overweening vanity has been bruised?  

I'm sure I'm far from the only one that finds it tedious. And it's more than a little sad. 

45 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

The thing is the defender is strong enough to roll over equally stupid pubbies on your team. Not to mention on flat ground the lfp is 225mm. 50/50 for better standard rounds on heavies and 30/70 for worse while being 10/90 for meds is a bit problematic. Plus pubbies moronic play actually benefits this tank since angling the pike gives you 240lfp and 250 ufp. 

The tank is easy to beat because pubbies are retards but saying it's easy to pen in a topic about a tank which cannot pen it frontally except for the cupolas is a bit funny. You should stop posting based on what you feel in game. 

The lower plate is 200 effective on flat ground. Popular youtubers and many wotlabs forum people tend to have the tanks.gg camera angle high up as if you were face hugging the defender, giving it a stronger lower plate effectiveness than it actually has.

The vast majority of defenders just give their front wheels and you cant angle the 252 very much since the side armor is 100mm. I've killed plenty with the batchat12t through the frontal wheels. There are hardly any active purples left, blues and below are just food because they all make the exact same mistakes regardless of their skill level.

2 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Popular youtubers and many wotlabs forum people tend to have the tanks.gg camera angle high up as if you were face hugging the defender, giving it a stronger lower plate effectiveness than it actually has.

This shit triggers me a lot. Like Schitzel said, so many people have the camera in pretty much facehug distance, massively increasing the angles on LFP and giving totally BS armor values. This is how most people do it

0IKR4Fp.png 

This is how you should do it.

IpjWcjT.png?1 

22mm difference. Baddies then spew BS and cry how tanks are OP (I saw somebody claim 112 has 225mm of LFP armor...), just because nobody can check the armor values properly :notlikethis:

15 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

The lower plate is 200 effective on flat ground. Popular youtubers and many wotlabs forum people tend to have the tanks.gg camera angle high up as if you were face hugging the defender, giving it a stronger lower plate effectiveness than it actually has.

The vast majority of defenders just give their front wheels and you cant angle the 252 very much since the side armor is 100mm. I've killed plenty with the batchat12t through the frontal wheels. There are hardly any active purples left, blues and below are just food because they all make the exact same mistakes regardless of their skill level.

I have put the camera angle on the gun level of the defender which is a rather low tank and it's over 220. For higher tanks it is 230. 

As for people making mistakes - that's not the fault of the tank. People make them in IS3's and no one claims IS3 is a balanced tank. I have no problems dealing with is3s, pre nerf oi-exp's, mice and other retarded tanks but that's because people are stupid not becaue those tanks are balanced. The problem is when those tanks are rolling over your other flank and you can't win your own fast enough. Defender is really good at one thing. Pushing flanks since you can ypolo like a retard and most pubbies will do no damage to you

Zrzut ekranu 2017-04-30 o 14.38.26.png

13 hours ago, Marty said:

This shit triggers me a lot. Like Schitzel said, so many people have the camera in pretty much facehug distance, massively increasing the angles on LFP and giving totally BS armor values. This is how most people do it

Hide contents

0IKR4Fp.png 

This is how you should do it.

Hide contents

IpjWcjT.png?1 

22mm difference. Baddies then spew BS and cry how tanks are OP (I saw somebody claim 112 has 225mm of LFP armor...), just because nobody can check the armor values properly :notlikethis:

So if you are at 300m from the defender trier8 accuracy allows you to reliably put hits in the lfp? I get that it's lower at long range (if your tank isn't high) but at long range your inaccurate t8 gun will derp and miss the lfp 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0