ProfessorMunroe

Which in-game premium should one buy when trading in?

60 posts in this topic

Still trying to decide what to trade the T34 for. The pickings are slim for in-game prems.
Everyone says the FCM 50t is bad, but on paper it looks remarkably similar to the STA-2.
The STA-2 gets two more degrees of depression, and a little better mobility, a heat round, plus it is smaller and therefore a harder target to hit. All important things.
But the FCM gets limited matchmaking, which is a pretty big deal.
Judging the FCM as a medium, it appears similar to the STA-2 on paper.
Anyone who has experience with both have any thoughts?

I'm thinking of dumping my FCM for the STA-2 as well. It looks like it's essentially a better version of the FCM. Better gun handling, better ammo, better mobility, smaller, great gun depression. It's pretty much a complete upgrade to the FCM.

On 5/2/2017 at 6:42 AM, Invictus said:

This -- sadly, I doubt we will ever see these added to the in-game shop and buyable with gold (when was the last time they added a premium to the tree?)

They added 4 premium tanks in 9.17.1:

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/03/09/world-of-tanks-9-17-1-four-premium-added-to-tech-tree/

Also to answer question I am prob gonna trade SU-100Y for M10. 

112 is a fantastic tank, the STA-2 and Ravoli are good mediums on the tech tree. 

18 hours ago, Nalok said:

So... Lowe or Ravioli?

I guess that depends on how you want to play. The Lowe can be played like a brawler or like a sniper while the Ravioli is a pure support tank that needs to keep its distance. Both make great credits but it will take more of an effort to make the Ravioli do well as it has a higher skill ceiling. I personally have the Ravioli and love it but I know many players who have bought it and hated it.

Figure it's better to bump an old topic than start a new one. 

I'm thinking about utilizing this "trade-in" to get an STRV S1. So I've got two series of questions. The first is about the S1. Is it even worth getting? I have a UDES, I think it's different and amusing, but definitely hard to use well enough to win a game. How different are the two in reality? 

Second, which tank should I be looking to get rid of? I'm leaning towards the IS-6, since I think the Defender pretty much rendered it superfluous, but I'm honestly not sure. Before pref8 meant 5 9s and 10 8s a game it was a really strong tank, now? Probably not so much. 

I've also got the JT88, T34, and KV-5. 

9 hours ago, Treeburst said:

Second, which tank should I be looking to get rid of? I'm leaning towards the IS-6, since I think the Defender pretty much rendered it superfluous, but I'm honestly not sure. Before pref8 meant 5 9s and 10 8s a game it was a really strong tank, now? Probably not so much. 

Don't do that. Preferential MM tanks are going to be rare gems in this game and I have a feeling that wg will buff them eventually. I played 50-ish games with my IS-6 and got top tier in more than 40. We can call that a lucky strike but all of those games were a farmfest really. 175 pen sucks but not against tiger 1's and such.

In tier 9 of course it's obsolete but get rid of it could be a mistake.

As if, I traded my mutz for the new chinese tier 8 td, and probably will trade one more non pref for the strv just because of fun :^)

I will keep my FCM and IS-6.

10 hours ago, Treeburst said:

Figure it's better to bump an old topic than start a new one. 

I'm thinking about utilizing this "trade-in" to get an STRV S1. So I've got two series of questions. The first is about the S1. Is it even worth getting? I have a UDES, I think it's different and amusing, but definitely hard to use well enough to win a game. How different are the two in reality? 

I've also got the JT88, T34, and KV-5. 

Premium meatball TD is essentially the same as the non-premium in that the play style is the same. Basically, you just react and hope to farm dumb pubbies. It's easy, it makes credits, it sucks at winning, and you risk dying from boredom. I think the UDES is actually a better tank (the additional speed and better accuracy really matter).

Traded in skorpion for chinese td and liberte for 112. Hoping pref mm premiums get buffed at some point but idk why I play this game still arty so irritating.