ProfessorMunroe

Which in-game premium should one buy when trading in?

60 posts in this topic

As the title suggests, I'm pretty sure I'm going to take advantage of the trade-in offer to rid myself of the CDC/t28/whatever. I don't have the Lowe and I'm thinking that is the best choice among the in-game t8 prems. Thoughts? 

36 minutes ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

Thoughts? 

I'd sooner get the M4A1 Revalorisé instead of the Lowe. It's cheaper and more fun to play. Honestly though, both are fine choices.

Also, a status update would have sufficed. :doge:

48 minutes ago, Sapros said:

I'd sooner get the M4A1 Revalorisé instead of the Lowe. It's cheaper and more fun to play. Honestly though, both are fine choices.

Also, a status update would have sufficed. :doge:

I think enough people are looking to dump the CDC that this is worthy of a topic. I nearly made the same topic today.

36 minutes ago, Statpadderer said:

Why not trade in the T 28 HTC instead? Thats what I did to make my Löwe cheaper.

what's the advantage of the T28c vs the CDC. I have both pieces of crapola. 

how's the ravioli in this mm improved meta?

45 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

The T28c is less fun to drive, you got it for free and it makes no credits, so I dumped it before the CDC.

47 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Trading in the CDC will only get you an extra 225 gold for a trade in, and between the 2 it seems much more likely that the CDC would be buffed into something fun than the T28 C

I like the Ravioli.  I'm not sure it's changed much in this meta (but I don't have enough experience to say).  It has a very nice gun (shell velocity and alpha at least) on a mediocre (a bit sluggish) platform.  Nailing scouts on the move for 450hp is always a giggle.

But, I'd vote for the Lowe.  I know it's a bit slow, but played well, by someone who understands angles and cover, it is a beast.  I never feel irrelevant in T10 battles in that tank, something I'm not sure I can say for any other premium.   And I just bully the hell out of the enemy in T8 battles.  

Slowish medium tanks don't have as strong a role in this meta, I don't think.  It's bully heavy, or flex flank assassin, or be at the mercy of your team more.  

25 minutes ago, Griphos said:

I like the Ravioli.  I'm not sure it's changed much in this meta (but I don't have enough experience to say).  It has a very nice gun (shell velocity and alpha at least) on a mediocre (a bit sluggish) platform.  Nailing scouts on the move for 450hp is always a giggle.

But, I'd vote for the Lowe.  I know it's a bit slow, but played well, by someone who understands angles and cover, it is a beast.  I never feel irrelevant in T10 battles in that tank, something I'm not sure I can say for any other premium.   And I just bully the hell out of the enemy in T8 battles.  

Slowish medium tanks don't have as strong a role in this meta, I don't think.  It's bully heavy, or flex flank assassin, or be at the mercy of your team more.  

Ravioli is slow but it has enough speed to flex so for all the games where a Lowe will carry more because corridors you have those games the Ravioli will carry better because your team is retarded and you need to fall back quick to save a fallen clank/decap.

The choice between Ravioli and Lowe imho falls down to which crews you want/have and if you want to pay extra for Lowe. 

I honestly hadn't thought about the T28 HTC.  The trade-in difference is negligible and the CDC is probably (hopefully?) going to get buffed at some point so yeah, that's what I'll likely trade in.  thanks!

I had thought about the Ravioli, but the buffed lowe with the arty changes seemed like a solid pick.  It is a lot more expensive, though.

And I changed the title/orig. post to be more generic.

What's the credit profitability between Lowe and M4 Rav? Doesn't Lowe make one of the highest in game?

I'm still trying to decide whether to trade the IS-6 for the 112.  The IS-6 just seems (sadly...I miss you old side-scrapping beast) so outclassed relative to the new premiums.  Is the 112 significantly better as a pref premmie?  Does the better turret make a big enough difference to justify the gold?

lol, concept is 7k gold? i guess i know what im gonna sell (same for D-max i guess)

All i now need to decide is, is it worth buying 112?

hmm, choices

ps: and im for sure waiting for a potential discount, perhaps early may ww2 special with t8 prem discounts?

1 hour ago, Griphos said:

I'm still trying to decide whether to trade the IS-6 for the 112.  The IS-6 just seems (sadly...I miss you old side-scrapping beast) so outclassed relative to the new premiums.  Is the 112 significantly better as a pref premmie?  Does the better turret make a big enough difference to justify the gold?

112's turret is worse than you might expect. In close quarters those hatches are very easy to hit and pen. 

250mm premium pen.'s a nice upgrade over the IS-6 but HEAT is shit and will occasionally screw you over. Also the lower dpm is really noticeable. 

The tank shines when using rations and maxing out viewrange. Personally, I woundn't sell an IS-6 for 50% its cost to get a 112. 

I was afraid of that. Oh well, maybe they'll buff the poor old IS-6 sometime. 

Is there a point to keeping the SuperP if you also have the KR Patton? (And vise versa, I suppose.)

Running low on trade-in options for my garage. The only tanks within reach are the Panther 88, T-54, FV4202, CDC, Revolver, STA-2, and 112. I'm likely dumping my JT88 for one of them, and the T34 has also been on my snit list for awhile for general derpiness. Are Revolver and Panther the logical choices since I'm not seeing a lot of fluffy love for the others?

Its a shame we cannot combine several tanks into a 'trade bundle' to give back.  But yeah the HTC 28 seems a lot less likely to get a buff than the IS-6, CDC, or JT88.  I actually expect the IS-6 to get buffed just because rasha.

Must admit I'm tempted to trade in my old Chinese T-34-3, maybe for a Lowe (as I do like my German heavies), although the possibility that it might get buffed again does make me think of holding onto it, but honestly, the 175pen pref-MM tanks, especially ones like this one with bad gun handling, are kind of rough to play at the moment and I've not taken her out for a spin for a long time.

Traded in my CDC for the ravioli, though it'll take a bit for all the shit RNG to get rinsed off it.  Have had some good battles as well as some moments that make me question why I play this game.

You people will probably think I'm insane, but I traded in my (s)Lowe for a FV4202, and I've got to say driving the FV4202 is a hell of a lot more fun. Would not recommend (s)Lowe with arty the way it currently is, while it was a good tank it just wasn't fun or particularly effective for me.

15 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

lol, concept is 7k gold? i guess i know what im gonna sell (same for D-max i guess)

All i now need to decide is, is it worth buying 112?

You a like the most heavy lover i know ! How do you not have a 112 by now ? Dude just get it. If you're ok slinging some gold it's so fucking good. You just bully people all day (until you meet a defender.. But there a less then there used to and it was still ok).

18 hours ago, MAJEST1C said:

What's the credit profitability between Lowe and M4 Rav? Doesn't Lowe make one of the highest in game?

Is that for all pubbies or for better players? Because it's obvious a slow, high pen heavy with decent armor will make more than a soft med if you are a retard.

What kind of buffs do you think JT88 could get? I only want Lowe, 112 or T-34-3 from tech tree. Lowe because it's really good now??? 112 because no trainer. T-34-3 even though I have a type 59 because I've fallen in love with it via streams and I'm an alpha fag.

TFW you will most likely never get defender. liberte, patriot or 40T because you cant use tourney gold. Hold me bros.

I'd get the lowe if I had enough gold to throw around, but a lot of it went to free xp 

Tanks I would trade in shit things for: 

1. Lowe (recently got buffed, great hulldown, UFP stronger, side is 100mm allowing for somewhat lenient sidescrapes)

2. FCM50t (one of the stronger pref MM tanks, only downside is its fairly big/long hull)

3. Panther/M10 (Doesnt see tier 9s, 2400-2500DPM, strong support DPM med, Accurate)

4. Type 64 (2nd best stronghold behind Cromwell B, was premium so wasnt affected by LT nerfs, 2500dpm+ with good crew)