CraBeatOff

Do the Garage Shuffle - LT edition

120 posts in this topic

Tier X LTs are here, this means we need to change some things around. Since building a good garage is part of enjoying the game, and managing crews is part of being successful at the most important task of being good at pub battles, here are my shuffles post 9.18

Tier 5: All these LTs are kinda bad now. The ELC is amusing still, the M7 is probably going to get sold. I will hold onto the Chaffee for nostalgia reasons, for now. 0.44 accuracy obviously gives me mixed feelings but the HP nerfs really hurt this tier of LTs. 

Keepers: ELC AMX

Tier 6: One of my favorite LT tiers has been homogenized into oblivion, I blame @dualmaster333. Sold the VK2801, as yet another 7.5cm/75mm gun is not interesting. I have a Type 64. T37 crushed similarly to the Chaffee in the accuracy department. Its already not fast. Its slower, lower pen, less accurate, not a premium. It does hold more ammo, but thats not enough! Bye beloved T37. Thats two 3 marked tier 6s I really enjoyed that I'm selling. 59-16 is still there, because I'm keeping 1 non premium LT for the tier, and its crew is easily improved in the Types 62 and 64. Best camo and mobility in tier, and good enough accuracy. 

Keepers: 59-16, Type 64

Tier 7: We should all know by now the premiums are quite good in this tier, which is a nice about-face since they were trash for so very very very long. T71 is clearly a winner, as it basically only got a minor pen nerf, and moved down a tier. 

Keepers: AMX 13 57, Type 62, T71

Tier 8: I haven't played all the LTs in this tier, specifically the Bat12. It seems decent from skill4ltu's stream and @SchnitzelTruck's testimony. The LTTB is amazing though, and I really enjoy the WZ-132 in its current tier. M4190 is solid of course. I put a lady crew destined for the RhmPz into the Hwk12, to train up some skills and finish unlocking the PTA. This will net them likely 4 skills before dropping into the tier X. 

Keepers: M41 90, LTTB, WZ-132 without crew for now 

Tier 9: I like all these tanks, but I like the RU251 the least. Its wonky depression, middling dpm and poor turning make the T49 90 better in every important way. And the T49 doubles as a derpwagon, so we all know USA > Germany. The 54LW with its new crazy engine and super low bloom has really grown on me, so I am conflicted about keeping it. It has a decent crew from grinding out the T-100LT. 1390 is prob the best LT at tier 9 and I'm still deciding about the WZ-132A..

Selling: RU251 ASAP
Keeping: AMX13 90, T49

Tier 10: First up to purchase is the RhmPz, the tank I consider to be the worst of the tier X LTs. Why asks @lordawesome7? Because I want to prove myself wrong, although early data from dpgwhores is showing the Sheridan to have better damage output. Winrates likely similar though. T-100LT is the only one I'm super excited about though. 

"all these LTs are kinda bad now "

bbbut muh Leopard with 3cm autocannon, VStabs and ability to meet tier 3s :cri: 

Seriously, Leopard is shitton of fun now, definitely winner when it comes to tier 5 LTs. Though yeah, others seem like a stinkers now, though.

I have to admit, I'm enjoying the Leopard.  And I'm not ready to sell the M7 yet either.  Otherwise...yeah, T5...lol.

Thanks for the ranking/review of the other tiers.  Pretty much confirms my experience/grinding list.  Light tanks are fun again! 

At this time:

Tier 5: keeping none. M7 was a fun MT and a great US MT crew trainer. Sold. Chaffee: My original favorite tank: Sold. ELC AMX: No desire to play anymore

Tier 6: Type 64 is beast. I enjoyed it back when it could see tier 10s. Its the same tank now, but with VStabs. T37: Sold :( My first tank I three marked too... just so bad. I did pick back up the T21 in its stead to try out. 

Tier 7: God I wished I had the 13-57 and Type 62 :( Otherwise, I just have the T71. I sold the Bulldog and the WZ-131

Tier 8: I have the blackdog. Sold the others

Tier 9: The fucking sweet spot! I have the 13-90 and T49, LOVE them. Others have enjoyed most of the other tier 9's, sans the new CH LT

Tier 10: I have the PanzerWagon. Will pick up the Sheriddan. Some people like the LT-100. Havent heard anyone say anything good about the others

54 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

"all these LTs are kinda bad now "

bbbut muh Leopard with 3cm autocannon, VStabs and ability to meet tier 3s :cri: 

Seriously, Leopard is shitton of fun now, definitely winner when it comes to tier 5 LTs. Though yeah, others seem like a stinkers now, though.

I forgot about that one. 

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

Tier 6: ... T37 crushed similarly to the Chaffee in the accuracy department. Its already not fast. Its slower, lower pen, less accurate, not a premium. It does hold more ammo, but thats not enough! Bye beloved T37.

I loved mah chaffee at tier 6 and same way with the T37, given the last patch nerfs to mah baby, i've been considering switching it for the T21, what's your opinion on the T21? looks solid. 

17 minutes ago, Tjerry said:

I loved mah chaffee at tier 6 and same way with the T37, given the last patch nerfs to mah baby, i've been considering switching it for the T21, what's your opinion on the T21? looks solid. 

I haven't tried it to be honest. Paper says its ok. If it got a hp/ton buff or dispersion buff from the last patch its prob just fine. Defer to @TheMarine0341

Sold the Chaffee, but kept the T37 (both 3 mark tanks). The T37 has been nerfed but its good at bullying lower tier tanks in hulldown mode - Himms hill battles can yield spectacular results.

Bought back the T71 -holy heck its strong at t7 now. Type 62 almost as good - what a keeper.

WZ132 rules tier 8. I know others think LTTB and Bulldog are equal or better but that 100mm and its 250 alpha really work for me; the others have 180 so I still dont love the LTTB, but will keep it. Bulldog I'll keep but the 6 (was 10) shots don't go as far at tier 8 as they do at tier 7 on the T71.

I only have the LW at tier 9 and it great to play but pen is poor - even with prem. Disappointing. No plans to buy another t9 except perhaps the T49 90 - might be a better use of my T37 crew than the T37.

Batchat 12t is kinda fun but the 1375 makes it irrelevant as it's the same tank a tier lower. Cant have too many autoloaders tho

LTG is a tier7 med on steroids. I'd keep it in your garage just to remind you that inbreeding is bad.

I've barely played since the patch, so this will be useful to me since my garage and your garage usually end up about the same (apart from all your p2w tanks). Just going off stats for the mid tier lights, the ones that seem pretty interesting to me:

VK 1602 Leopard - This was actually pretty fun before but the 3cm gun really fell off against tier 8s in particular. Now it will be far more effective and it is a really fun gun to use. My only concern is the turning got nerfed pretty hard so it won't feel as nimble. I have hopes that this can be my VK2801 replacement for mindless giggles.

AMX 12t - Pre-patch, this tank was below average due to bad gun handling and being overall sluggish. Both of those aspects have received huge buffs. Not good enough? Now you can mount a VStab and you get an extra 2° gun depression. You do pay for it with your burst with only 4x135 and 2.5 seconds between them. But I feel like this could be a pretty solid trade off. Also having 144/202 pen at this tier is sweet.

AMX 13 75 - This tank wasn't bad pre-patch, but now it's effectively a tier lower with massive mobility and gun handling buffs. Uh....yes please? My only concern is that your total burst is low with 4x135, but you also get a clip reload of just over 12 seconds which makes it a highly flexible autoloader.

I haven't looked into it much further at this point. I might actually play a bit this weekend so I'll try a few of these out.

I sold the 59-16. I was never particularly enamored with it and largely kept it around because the autoloader was quite useful for tier 6 tournaments. Sans that, no reason for me. I still have a T37 because I don't want to sell a triple-marked vehicle, but I haven't driven it because blech. May keep the T49 and shift the crew to that after the female T49 crew goes to the Sheridan.

LTTB got an extra 2 degrees of depression so now LTTB fights aren't just endlessly skipping shells off the other guy's engine deck.

6 minutes ago, StranaMechty said:

I sold the 59-16. I was never particularly enamored with it and largely kept it around because the autoloader was quite useful for tier 6 tournaments. Sans that, no reason for me. I still have a T37 because I don't want to sell a triple-marked vehicle, but I haven't driven it because blech. May keep the T49 and shift the crew to that after the female T49 crew goes to the Sheridan.

LTTB got an extra 2 degrees of depression so now LTTB fights aren't just endlessly skipping shells off the other guy's engine deck.

Afaik the LTTB traded getting -2 more gun depression, vstab access, and some hitpoints for ... maybe getting the once-in-a-blue-moon game when it could tenderize tier 5s? Only the T71 and 90mmT49 seem as unnerfed, hightierwise.

8 minutes ago, flare_phoenix said:

Afaik the LTTB traded getting -2 more gun depression, vstab access, and some hitpoints for ... maybe getting the once-in-a-blue-moon game when it could tenderize tier 5s? Only the T71 and 90mmT49 seem as unnerfed, hightierwise.

LTTB was never be able to meet tier 5s when it was tier 7 expect tier 5 LTs

@Tjerry & @CraBeatOff the T21 mobility wise (in straight line) feels like the old T37 along w/ the gun handling, but gets the trash US 76mm and sluggish to accelerate. That said, now that its been dropped from T9 MM, that 76mm isn't beyond garbage now in tier 8 MM. plus the 370 (or 380?) base VR is much easier to get to max

I still have fond memories of the T21 picking up 10k assistance in a tier 10 battle on Mali, before they shuffled tank spawns. 

Did the 12t really get a maneuverability buff? I know its been a while since I played it, but it still handles pretty sluggishly despite a 3-skill crew and being elite. Am I missing something or have I just been playing the 13 90 too much?

T54LW is a keeper. Besides been a LT, with a good turret it plays the role of mediuns when top tier as well.

Question for you all. Whats the current MM for tier 3 LTs? I have my Locust22 in the dust for quite a while.....

6 minutes ago, Tankthief said:

Question for you all. Whats the current MM for tier 3 LTs? I have my Locust22 in the dust for quite a while.....

+2/-1, still the same.  It should get way better MM now because it ain't going to get dumped into full T5 games now i would believe. 

Don't have any light tanks from other lines, but really enjoyed the Chaffee and T37 and kept them. Bit sad to hear that they've been nerfed into the ground, guess will sell them to free up garage space (gotta find something to do with the crews I suppose).

I've been driving the Bulldog a bit in its new form (went for the top single-shot, the autoloader appeared to be trashed based on stats). It's still a good tank and competitive, especially when you get the hilarious situation of being top tier on Prok (back to back mastery games). The DPM is a bit on the low side, and you feel it when something fast that has more chases after you. Gun handling more than acceptable. Pen is reasonable, haven't had huge issues with it or needing to switch to gold ammo too much. Waiting for a sale to get the T49.

54 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Did the 12t really get a maneuverability buff? I know its been a while since I played it, but it still handles pretty sluggishly despite a 3-skill crew and being elite. Am I missing something or have I just been playing the 13 90 too much?

Put the top engine on it? It has 27HP/ton now

I was driving the leopard around with stock tracks + stock engine after the patch for about 20 battles cause I'm a blind idiot. Was like, wow they fucked this things mobility.

26 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Put the top engine on it? It has 27HP/ton now

I was driving the leopard around with stock tracks + stock engine after the patch for about 20 battles cause I'm a blind idiot. Was like, wow they fucked this things mobility.

Nope, I've been playing with it fully elited. Perhaps I'm expecting more of 27 hp/ton but it just feels slooow.

1 minute ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Nope, I've been playing with it fully elited. Perhaps I'm expecting more of 27 hp/ton but it just feels slooow.

Probably just from being used to the idiotic mid 30's of the higher tier LT's. As you said, maybe playing too much 1390 :P 

My light tank collection consists of the Luchs, Type 64, T-54LW, 13 90, LTTB, Bat 12T.

Luchs wasnt touched, and MM spread reduced. Its literally even more glorious than before.

Type 64, farmed a few games in it. Its hilariously good. 

LW: feels like the same tank, except longer and uglier. Seriously, it looks ugly now and that pisses me off. Keep, obviously. But ugly hnng

13 90: i thought I'd hate it with the 4 round autoloader, but no. It is SERIOUSLY good, its a blast to play. Its like a mini TVP, I love it. 13 105 is trash so im just gonna keep the 13 90.

Bat 12T: played a couple games in it. Its pretty shit. Ill finish the AMX 30 grind eventually and sell it.

LTTB: havent touched yet, dont even have a crew or equipment in it. Just havent bothered sending credits to kit it out. 

My LT garage since everyone else is listing them

Luchs, VKleo, LTG, 1375, 1357, Blackdog, Batchat12t, T54LT, T49, and I have all the others unlocked but most of them I'm not compelled to throw credits at.

Favorites currently are VKleo, LTG, 1375, and batchat12t. Mid tier LT's are so strong.

Another question.

Are the T71 and Type64 the most OP LTs tier for tier right now?

Played the 64 and it feels great.