CraBeatOff

Do the Garage Shuffle - LT edition

103 posts in this topic

On 06/05/2017 at 9:49 PM, hazzgar said:

Yeah it's better to claim stuff that is often in direct contradiction to what is in game api because feelings rule over data.

TIL That just by looking at data, M46 patton and T-54 are the worst of their peers. :PogChamp:

19 minutes ago, DHP said:

TIL That just by looking at data, M46 patton and T-54 are the worst of their peers. :PogChamp:

Never said to just look at the data. I'm an analyst by trade. Pure data gives you shit and I've said it before using it pure is stupid. IS4 looks like a turd in data yet it wins. 

Though It's hard to understand what stats make the paddon and the t54 worst. 

20 hours ago, General_6 said:

I'm an average player at best but I've changed my mind on the bulldog. I thought the single shot was the better solution but I play better and like the 6 shot autoloader significantly more.

Autoloader has such a horribad penetration, that it's quite unplayable. Tried it for two games (by accident) and hated it - a lot.

I just cannot fathom why the autoloader damage is 150 instead of 170.  900 clip potential means that even a lot tier 6s are probably safe from being clipped out with a little help from RNG.

2 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I just cannot fathom why the autoloader damage is 150 instead of 170.  900 clip potential means that even a lot tier 6s are probably safe from being clipped out with a little help from RNG.

Total clip potential is the smallest of the problems on that gun. If they made the clip reload reasonable it would still be good. 

On 5/9/2017 at 10:36 AM, Taze said:

Autoloader has such a horribad penetration, that it's quite unplayable. Tried it for two games (by accident) and hated it - a lot.

The autoloader has same pen as it always had and same pen as the single shot so not sure what the concern is. In fact pen similar to the LTTB and other tier 8 lights. 

The only issue is that the heat round is the most expensive credits per damage in the game, and an autoloader makes the problem worse.  The 6 shot better than 10 shot in this regard, though.

The low pen on these tanks is less of an issue as most of them have a great ability to flank, which is what WH is encouraging  

16 hours ago, General_6 said:

The low pen on these tanks is less of an issue as most of them have a great ability to flank, which is what WH is encouraging.

And it kinda works with tier 10 lights, my t100 has only 10 ap (premium) shells, but I still get a lot of 3k+ games because its mobility allows me to flank for days.

With lower tiers this concept doesn't really work because you can flank, but even with premium you can't pen most of the stuff you meet (with the current never top tier mm)..

On 12.5.2017 at 9:19 PM, General_6 said:

The autoloader has same pen as it always had and same pen as the single shot so not sure what the concern is. In fact pen similar to the LTTB and other tier 8 lights. 

True, I somehow looked it wrong (probably mixed with alpha, which is lower in autoloader, because reasons) after I couldn't pen shit in one of the two games with it. Dispersion and aimtime are much better in singleshot though, especially considering bloom values too.

Update 13 75 is absolutely beast mode. Clip is a little small at 540, but it unloads quick, aims quick, reloads quick and the hp/t buff makes it zoomy. Really strong tank when fighting other 7s, absolutely crushes 5s and 6s and wholly serviceable against 8s and 9s with dat APCR and mobility and spike. Wheee autoloaders.

Example

http://wotreplays.com/site/3596084#airfield-crabeatoff-amx_13_75

But with only 6s additional reload and only slightly worse gun handling, the clip potential of the t71 is so much better.... 

You know what I didn't expect? I didn't expect to hate the WZ-132 so much. I thought with remaining the same tier it would be pretty sweet. Looking at the stats it stacks up pretty well against other tier 8 lights and seems like it should be decent. But it feels like the old light tanks - just a bad medium. I'm going to finish grinding it this week and sell it without delay. Oh, it burns constantly (like every couple games at most) so you can't really run food on it making it feel even worse.

Tier 8 also feels like a shit tier for light tanks. It feels like you get a lot more high tier battles which are particularly unpleasant. The LTTB is the only one I kind of enjoy but I'd rather run a tier 9 or tier 7.

EDIT: Actually looking at the stats, I don't see any reason at all to get the China tier 9 or 10. The tier 9 is just flat out worse than the T-54LT with the added bonus of not having any armor. Wat? The tier 10 looks like nothing special either so I guess I'm done with the China lights.

@dualmaster333 The 132A is like all China mediums. You lose armor, speed, acceleration, gun handling and accuracy for modest accuracy increases relative to the Russian counterpart. The 132-1 is particularly awful. The 132A is at least slightly smaller than the 54LW,  and having AP standard with higher pen APCR does mean the gun is decent. I'll be unlocking the 132-1 in hope of a future buff but it's genuinely bad, like AMX30B, 121B, T95E6 bad.

Thought the 132a and 54lt had the same accuracy. Either way the increased dispersion on the 132a make that gun feel even worse imo. Nor do the significantly more expensive shells make the economics all that fun. I suspect I'll get the 132-1 researched but not bought (in case they do ever balance it) then look for a new home for the crew, even tho tier 9 is an excellent tier otherwise.

2 hours ago, Ezz said:

Thought the 132a and 54lt had the same accuracy. Either way the increased dispersion on the 132a make that gun feel even worse imo. Nor do the significantly more expensive shells make the economics all that fun. I suspect I'll get the 132-1 researched but not bought (in case they do ever balance it) then look for a new home for the crew, even tho tier 9 is an excellent tier otherwise.

May very well be. I think we agree the point stands though...China gun is Chinese!

This is how my garage is shaping up:

LHi8itI.jpg

VK1602 - Gun wrecks stuff at this tier and can now even mount a VStab. It is significantly more sluggish than it used to be so it drives more like a medium than a light tank. Nothing else at this tier seems very exciting though.

Type 64 - This was near best in tier pre-patch, gets down tiered and now mounts a VStab. Seems reasonable. I haven't actually played this since the patch but it crushes all the tech tree tanks at this tier.

AMX 12t - This is pretty decent now. It's faster and the gun handles much better than the old version. Burst is nothing amazing with 2.5 seconds between shots but the whole package works pretty well. There's a chance I will dump this so I can use the crew in the tier 10 tank instead.

Type 62 - This should be pretty decent but the China tanks have really fallen out of favor with me. I might play this some more although I don't actually have any China light tanks to train crews for.

AMX 13 75 - I really enjoy this tank. A great APCR round with a super flexible clip. The burst is a little small but that keeps me out of trouble as often as it hurts me (it's harder to stay that one or two shots too long when you empty in 6 seconds). Tier 7 also just seems like a great tier for light tanks; you get top tier often enough and you are completely dominant; worst case you are bottom tier of a 3-5-7 and can still be pretty effective.

T71 - Also strong. Relatively large and fast burst. It does everything else well too. Only drawback is a crappy HEAT round for the premium round. Since the reload is significantly longer than the 13 75 it isn't as flexible to use the HEAT either.

M41 Bulldog - Autoloader is complete trash, single shot gun is alright. Falls behind the competition though - it's too large with no armor, a weak ammo rack, a crappy gold round. If I find myself in need of a US crew this tank will go. But I already have extra US crews because the lower tier US lights got trashed.

LTTB - Solid tank, far more playable than the old version thanks to 2 degrees more gun depression. Armor will generate a decent (but unreliable) number of bounces. Overall pretty fun to play when you want to GOFAST.

BC 12t - Crewed it this weekend and thus far I am having fun in it. I dig the 4 round clips of French tanks - lots of flexibility especially with the APCR gold rounds. It's also nice to have a lot more ammo than the 13 75!

RU251 - Not sure what I'll do with this. Right now I don't need the crew and don't really want the tier 10 so it will just be hanging around for the time being.

AMX 13 90 - Way more fun to play than the tier 8 version. Gun handling isn't complete trash and I don't have to fire exclusively premium rounds. It is currently making for a pleasant grind to the AMX 13 105.

T49 - Measured by laughs per minute or giggles per game, the T49 is the undisputed king. Now buffed and better than ever! Also has the option of using the retard tryhard 90mm in case you want to make an interesting tank bland and generic.

T-54 LT - I can't believe I'm saying this, but this tank is really pleasant to play. I need to come up with a crew for it.

T-100 LT - GOFAST. GOFASTER. Apart from the awful accuracy, this tank is a lot of fun. Mobile with excellent camo, you can actually play vision games at tier 10, something that hasn't been the case for years.

Sheridan - Picked it up this weekend. It feels like a super comfortable US tank in a painfully ugly box. The 105mm seems to work pretty well. I need to try the 152mm but I'm not sure it will be enough better than the T49 to justify using it.

AMX 13 105 - Not there yet, but I'm pretty interested in it. It fixes so many issues that the Batchat has for the significant trade off of having half the burst. I feel like it could be a good trade for pub battles at least.

So yeah, I'm pretty invested in French, US, and Russkie lines. China seems mediocre. I finished grinding the WZ-132 and that tank can die in a fire. Which it usually does. German tanks don't seem to have anything special about them other than low velocity shells.

Wz 132-1 Is going to be top of the tree for June on eu, and that's going to be the last t10 light to get.

It should play like a medium due to turret and decent gun.

3 - Locust, not a single AP round was loaded that day 

4 - Luchs, because the first platoon of the night is always a luchs toon - 3 dads giggling = priceless

5 - Leopard, it feels like it got punished a lot less than the rest of the tier 5 lights, no more KV-4,5, IS-3,5,6 means circling is great again.

6 - Type 64, new and improved - now with VStabs!  Yeah, because it needed a buff? lel

7 - T71 I sold the T37 and the bulldog, bought this.  zero regrets, it feels like what the bulldog should have been after 9.18

8 - well, I maybe should not have sold the LTTB for the BC12t apparently, I may rectify that later

9 - I have the 54LT and the 13-90, the 54LT just feels like an inferior tank to the 13-90.  The 13-90 is a tier 9 tank, its feared.  The 54LT just feels like a tier 8.5 tank now.

10 - ? Not sure yet between the T100 or the Sheridan.  The 13-105 looks like shit though and its moot unless I sell the 12t because I'm out of french crews.  I may get both, but I'll probably get T100 first just because I'm already half way there.

I sold all my tier 8 lights. No regrets.

Currently have these for 8s:

Pershing, Super Pershing, T25 Pilot, Object 416

AMX 50 100, T32, 110, WZ-111, IS-3, IS-6, IS-5

The ones in /bold/ are super strong. The rest are old meta but still offer some fun. I think I need to grind the UDES, but not sure yet... 416 seems like it's the same fucking thing, with a turret. =-

9: T49, Ru251, T54, AMX 13/90

8: BatChat 12t, WZ-132, Blackdog

7: T71, AMX 13/57

6: AMX 12t, Type 64

5: Leopard, T-50, EMC

4: Luchs, Ke-Ho

I've been looking at buying back some tier 3's now that they all have preferred matchmaking (and I need some barracks space back). It's wall to wall fantasy Mausers down there now.

I need to get the 8's out of the way to unlock their side branches. No idea if I'll ever start working on the 9's, especially if I need to steal their crews for other Ranked Battles tanks.

Thanks for the helpful thread, and please keep it coming as you reevaluate which light tanks are good.

I don't think that I will wait to see if any former heroes/current zeroes are rebuffed. I can always reshuffle my garage again if I need to.

In general, I like to have good tanks at each tier for pubs and tournaments, and for team stuff at tiers 6, 8, and 10.

So my tentative plan is to sell the ELC, Chaffee, T37, and Bulldog. I'll then buy the 16.02 Leopard, AMX 12t (with plans to go up the line), and T71.

For now, I'll keep the LTTB and T54LW (with plans to grind the T100LT). And I will never get rid of the T49 (which will, of course, unlock the Sheridan eventually).

No, I don't have a Type 64, and I am obviously considering it. But I do have a Bromwell for tier 6 stuff, and I have been trying not to spend too much gold. (I will be spending quite a bit to retrain crews.)

Any advice is welcome.

T49/152 still the best tank in the game.

My only lights atm are the M41 90mm and the WZ-131, could free x5 xp to the WZ-132 but tiers 8s get such terrible matchmaking and I'd be starting with a 0 skill crew so need to train crew on tier 7 anyway.

3 hours ago, RGM79GM said:

My only lights atm are the M41 90mm and the WZ-131, could free x5 xp to the WZ-132 but tiers 8s get such terrible matchmaking and I'd be starting with a 0 skill crew so need to train crew on tier 7 anyway.

is it still that bad now that ranked mode is taking a lot of the T10s away from randoms?

2 hours ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

is it still that bad now that ranked mode is taking a lot of the T10s away from randoms?

Trouble is ranked is limited time slot and I normally play WoT earlier during the day rather than prime time so I get stuck vs tier 10s constantly, not sure if ranked has helped 8s.