CraBeatOff

Do the Garage Shuffle - LT edition

140 posts in this topic

Blackdog is awsome now. 

Wz132 I always preferred over the t54lt, so I sold the t54, ground the 132a and kept the 132. 

T49 is the boss now, even with the 90mm. Sub 5 second reload is immense, not as much giggles as the derp, but I'm gonna unlock the Sheridan and use the derp on that for the lols. 

Sold the rest apart from the t71, when top tier its op as fuck. 

On 5/6/2017 at 6:08 AM, nabucodonsor said:

I dont understand the "hate" against the bulldog. Sure the black dog is better (not by much) but i still think it still is the best tier 8 lt non premium. I mean i have not tried it yet, but statwise it still looks the best.

That's not saying much, tier 8 lights are currently in the extremely awkward position of being balanced in reference to tier 8 mediums (most of which are terrible) and simultaneously being shafted by the new MM that feeds them to tier 10s more often than not. Being the best tier 8 light tank is therefore not at all dissimilar from winning the special olympics.

As of the new Bull-:doge: itself, strike one is simply being worse than the Black-:doge: and strike two is the unfortunate combination of new fatties with ebola armor and its code 22 being such an uninspiring HEAT round. And the DPM is very close to being strike three. There are loadouts that can put you at more or less 2.5k but they involve food which is expensive as balls. And even that 2.5k DPM is hilariously bad when you consider that the tier 6 Cromwell can exceed it.

I've been playing more scouts lately and getting less horrible at them, to the point where I'll play them for reasons other than missions and not feel like I'm totally gimping my team.  For me it's shaping up like:

5 - will probably rebuy the Leopard, but nothing here right now.

6 - Type 64, would probably have kept the 59-16 if they'd left the autoloader on it.  I liked the amx 12t just fine and might buy it back one day, but I only have one French light crew right now.

7 - wz 131, 13 75, 13 57.  Can't wait for the upgraded engine on the 13 75.  With BIA and vents, the accuracy on the 131 is .33, which is more than adequate for opportunistic sniping, and the mobility/camo combo makes for a good true scout, IMHO.  It's also the first scout on which I've ever gotten even a single MoE, so...need to keep it for now.  And oh, 230 pen HEAT at tier 7?  Yes please.

The better reload stats on the 13 75 (vis-a-vis the 12t) really make a difference, it feels like.  And the 13 57 is a face wrecker.

8 - LTTB and blackdog for reasons already stated many times by others.  The BD was the very first premium I ever bought, and I bought it with maybe 2k battles, so it's really tanked my WR for months/years to come, but now that I've gotten better at scouting...really enjoy it.  LTTB is nice, but I don't like the handling in turns, that's my only real complaint.  Feels sloppy when making maneuvers at speed.

9 - LW and RU.  I know everyone's down on the RU, but it was a tank I wanted for so long back when you could clock 80 kph in it, I can't bring myself to sell it.  It sits idle, though, for now.

10 - I have no tier 10 scouts but will work on the T100 "at some point".

Never played the US line but drool over the t71 and T49.  One day.

5 month update, because its good to clean up the garage every now and again.

Tier X update:

I've purchased the RhmPz as promised. Its pretty crap. Hitting is nice, rolling 400+ is nice, going fast is nice. Being penned by HE from arty is not nice. Being as tall as most HTs is not nice, and aiming for EVER is especially not nice. The buffs should do this tank in particular a world of good. 

Sheridan with the 152mm is a load of hot garbage, but we knew this. I persist because IDGAF. Maybe I'll give it an honest try with the 105mm gun someday. Someone bribe me?

T-100LT - the most pure LT WG has made since the 57mm pre-physics T-50-2. So fast, so stealthy, decently protected, and enough gun to get the job done. Its got 3 marks and I fucking love driving it. If bonds were easier to come by, this tank would be completely insane with a full tryhard set-up. You can boost it to over 500VR and 3100 dpm (using 9.20.1 numbers). 

WZ-132-1 - going to buy soon, have given it an honest try. The gun is derpy yes, but hitting for 390 is nice. Just enough hp/t and camo to differentiate it from the mediums. Its still worse for pubbing, but at least the Type 62 trains the crews.

AMX 13 105 - fairly bad right now. 3 more shells and 30x3 more alpha per clip will hopefully improve it. I will buy this soon, its the only one I've not unlocked - not because I don't like playing the 13 90, but simply because...T49 games.

Tier IX:

All of these tanks are awesome. I hate the RU251 for its weaknesses, but the fact is the package works. The WZ-132A is the worst of the bunch...but being the worst IX LT is like being the worst 9 HT...its just not bad at all. 13 90 is a total murdermachine, 54LW shits on all other LTs and is a nice preview for the T-100LT and you all know my thoughts on the T49.

Tier VIII:

LTTB and the Hwk 12 are the winners at this tier. The Bat12 is almost great, but its my least played so far. WZ-132 is ok, but I'm going to sell it, as what it does the LTTB and Hwk12 do better. I wanted to 3 mark it, but meh, why throw hours into an unfun tank? We will always the numerous good iterations of the Bulldog. I was playing it with Tytoo from -G- recently and it can do work with the autoloader...but the LTTB does the low alpha pew pew thing better. Its still an autoloader, so its not bad, but it can't stack up to its former self, and that is enough reason for me. 

Tier VII:

I recently 3 marked the WZ-131. Its good, but not great. The 1375 is the real murdermachine of this tier. Easily capable of sustaining 2k dpg in a tier 7 LT. The stuff from the 1st post holds: Type 62, AMX 13 57 and T71 are bosses. 

Sold from garage to make credits for new LTs  - T54E1 and WZ-120. Both sitting 3 marks and uncrewed for months if not a year now. Both good tanks, but there are other tier 9 tanks to play. Those two are fine to play, but don't do anything a Skoda 50 or T-10 can't do. Also sold the ELC, tier V kinda sucks now, the T20 which has been sitting uncrewed for...years? I will miss the old ELC and the new one just doesn't do it for me like the old one did. Over nerfed. 

If they gave all the tier 10 lights ~.05 better accuracy they could be fun. As it is I really don't enjoy any of them (although I don't really like tier 10 to begin with).

T-100LT - Almost very fun but I don't dig it. The accuracy is atrocious and ends up being super frustrating when you can't hit shot after shot at 200 meters.

AMX 13 105 - The accuracy kills this tank. Even at 100m you can still expect to miss one of your piddly three shells.

Sheridan - Giant boat that doesn't float, dumb tank dumb game

-----

I do think we should investigate the tier 5 Leopard for some severe pubbie bashing. I have one with a crappy crew if you want to give it a test run. The 3cm autoloader is pretty funny - not quite derp level, but close. Two of them would vaporize a lot of stuff at that tier. And the vision games that could be played........I'd be willing to drop a high skill crew in there.

I'm also tempted to try the Tier 4 Luchs. I mean, we're only hitting low 70s win rate in our T49s....

1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

If they gave all the tier 10 lights ~.05 better accuracy they could be fun. As it is I really don't enjoy any of them (although I don't really like tier 10 to begin with).

T-100LT - Almost very fun but I don't dig it. The accuracy is atrocious and ends up being super frustrating when you can't hit shot after shot at 200 meters.

AMX 13 105 - The accuracy kills this tank. Even at 100m you can still expect to miss one of your piddly three shells.

Sheridan - Giant boat that doesn't float, dumb tank dumb game

-----

I do think we should investigate the tier 5 Leopard for some severe pubbie bashing. I have one with a crappy crew if you want to give it a test run. The 3cm autoloader is pretty funny - not quite derp level, but close. Two of them would vaporize a lot of stuff at that tier. And the vision games that could be played........I'd be willing to drop a high skill crew in there.

I'm also tempted to try the Tier 4 Luchs. I mean, we're only hitting low 70s win rate in our T49s....

Does tier 4 now see only +1/-1 MM?

9 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Does tier 4 now see only +1/-1 MM?

Nope. You can get 4/3 games, 5/4 games, or 6/5/4. Tier 3 no longer sees Tier 5.

More thoughts on Leopard: The VK 1602 has a 360 damage clip that empties in 1.5 seconds with a sub-16s reload. It's like a derp in that you play for butts and softies. It's not like a derp because you actually need to pen shots to do damage (no chode slapping). A maxed out crew can either run 445m view range (Optics+Vents) or 438m with 490m after binocs. We're at low tiers where we will out-vision a ton of stuff, but bino-equipped bushwankers will actually be more difficult to deal with. I think we'd just have to get used to getting a little closer when spotting things. The mobility seems fine and the overall comfort of the tank should be good (it actually mounts a Vstab). It actually gets .12/.12/.06 with 1.53 aim and .35 accuracy which is great.

The Luchs is also interesting. You get substantially worse softs on the gun and only get a 300 damage clip. But you get the same mobility, the same view range (actually better because you can't run VStab), better gun depression, and a substantially smaller profile (I think). You also have the same 90/105 penetration which goes further at this tier.

I've talked myself into at least transferring my now-free RU251 crew to try these out. I'll report back...

15 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

Nope. You can get 4/3 games, 5/4 games, or 6/5/4. Tier 3 no longer sees Tier 5.

More thoughts on Leopard: The VK 1602 has a 360 damage clip that empties in 1.5 seconds with a sub-16s reload. It's like a derp in that you play for butts and softies. It's not like a derp because you actually need to pen shots to do damage (no chode slapping). A maxed out crew can either run 445m view range (Optics+Vents) or 438m with 490m after binocs. We're at low tiers where we will out-vision a ton of stuff, but bino-equipped bushwankers will actually be more difficult to deal with. I think we'd just have to get used to getting a little closer when spotting things. The mobility seems fine and the overall comfort of the tank should be good (it actually mounts a Vstab). It actually gets .12/.12/.06 with 1.53 aim and .35 accuracy which is great.

The Luchs is also interesting. You get substantially worse softs on the gun and only get a 300 damage clip. But you get the same mobility, the same view range (actually better because you can't run VStab), better gun depression, and a substantially smaller profile (I think). You also have the same 90/105 penetration which goes further at this tier.

I've talked myself into at least transferring my now-free RU251 crew to try these out. I'll report back...

I've purchased and elited/upgraded both. 3cm cannon for each? Which one will you try first, I wanna try it out right now. 

Already in the Leopard.

edit 2: spotted and immediately 2 shot by spg splashes. There is a reason mid tiers suck ass. 

20 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I've purchased and elited/upgraded both. 3cm cannon for each? Which one will you try first, I wanna try it out right now. 

Already in the Leopard.

edit 2: spotted and immediately 2 shot by spg splashes. There is a reason mid tiers suck ass. 

3cm for sure. The 5cm just turns it into a boring standard tank.

edit 2: don't get spotted

1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

3cm for sure. The 5cm just turns it into a boring standard tank.

edit 2: don't get spotted

I am playing this tank, the Leopard, and I don't really understand how the gun works...but 1. its hilarious 2. its the easiest Ace I've ever seen. 

Down this road lies the T67... Maybe @Kuroialty has some pointers to share with you guys? :P

PS - Full disclosure: I three marked the T67 because why the hell not?

Both the luch and leopard with the 3cm autocannon are fun. For some reason, WG left both untouched with better match making but thought the VK with the 105 derp would be unbalanced at tier 6. 

P.S. The only problem with the autocannon is sniping but waiting for mid-game to zoom in on a distracted tank for 300-330 hp is worth it.

I did a few games in the PzIC, not a fan at all. You spend the whole game hearing "That one bounced," there's tons of tanks you simply can't pen, and the clip takes 5 seconds to actually unload which kills the lulz factor. Tier 3 MM is so much better now though.

Crab and I platooned Leopards and there were many laughs. It really does well in the current MM. It's no replacement for the VK2801 but I think we may have found our low tier light tank of choice. We still need to adjust to tier 5 gameplay but we're already starting to get that jive. I expect there will soon be Leopard gifs of helpless hopeless pubbies getting pummeled by 2x12x30! CLUB! CLUB! CLUB! CLUB! CLUB! CLUB!

We also tried the Luchs and were unimpressed. The Leopard gets a lot more out of the gun thanks to the soft stats and the "worse" MM doesn't hurt it as much as I thought it might. 

1 hour ago, monjardin said:

Down this road lies the T67... Maybe @Kuroialty has some pointers to share with you guys? :P

Crab already said we should get a T67 in the platoon...

4 hours ago, monjardin said:

I was tutored in the ways of the T(49)67 by one of the original padders and founder of this forum @Allurai ! But you wanna see some club dominance? Peep my Ltraktor stats. All solo, just for jsnazz. 

4 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

Both the luch and leopard with the 3cm autocannon are fun. For some reason, WG left both untouched with better match making but thought the VK with the 105 derp would be unbalanced at tier 6. 

P.S. The only problem with the autocannon is sniping but waiting for mid-game to zoom in on a distracted tank for 300-330 hp is worth it.

I had a moment trying to vision kite something, and not understanding why I was getting red indicator at 410m....there is a learning curve, but I'll get it. 

2 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

I did a few games in the PzIC, not a fan at all. You spend the whole game hearing "That one bounced," there's tons of tanks you simply can't pen, and the clip takes 5 seconds to actually unload which kills the lulz factor. Tier 3 MM is so much better now though.

Crab and I platooned Leopards and there were many laughs. It really does well in the current MM. It's no replacement for the VK2801 but I think we may have found our low tier light tank of choice. We still need to adjust to tier 5 gameplay but we're already starting to get that jive. I expect there will soon be Leopard gifs of helpless hopeless pubbies getting pummeled by 2x12x30! CLUB! CLUB! CLUB! CLUB! CLUB! CLUB!

We also tried the Luchs and were unimpressed. The Leopard gets a lot more out of the gun thanks to the soft stats and the "worse" MM doesn't hurt it as much as I thought it might. 

Crab already said we should get a T67 in the platoon...

Holler at that. The Leopard is here to stay. I'll give the Luchs a little more time, but I dunno, tier 4 and that gun handling. And since both see +2/-1 I don't feel much difference. If anything 5s fight 6s better than 4s fight 5s.  Plus now I have a properly configured LT crew to play the T-15 at tier 3...

(remember everyone, its clubbing at ALL tiers, so play4fun)

So guys what tier 10 light should I get for mission. Like something what is fun. A lot a people is recommending me a t100 but I dont really know.

1 hour ago, tesarpaul said:

So guys what tier 10 light should I get for mission. Like something what is fun. A lot a people is recommending me a t100 but I dont really know.

If you're decent at LTs you're pretty likely to do all the LT missions during the grind to the 10, since the 9s are generally beasts. Russian line is a safe bet. Germans and USA also good for missions. French can do them all also...but requires minor playstyle modifications from optimal (because autoloader things). Chinese line is probably the weakest...the WZ-132-1 lost its role when the Sheridan got 390 alpha back on its 105mm. Sure the WZ is smaller and slightly more camo'd but the Sheridan's better gun handling accuracy and VR and depression make it better in that role. RU line is prob best though

I had the Luchs sitting in my garage. So, I tried it out half a dozen times with the autocannon. Let me just say that it isn't in my garage anymore.

I like the Pz III J better at tier 4. It has better mobility and the same single-shot gun. 

42 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

If you're decent at LTs you're pretty likely to do all the LT missions during the grind to the 10, since the 9s are generally beasts. Russian line is a safe bet. Germans and USA also good for missions. French can do them all also...but requires minor playstyle modifications from optimal (because autoloader things). Chinese line is probably the weakest...the WZ-132-1 lost its role when the Sheridan got 390 alpha back on its 105mm. Sure the WZ is smaller and slightly more camo'd but the Sheridan's better gun handling accuracy and VR and depression make it better in that role. RU line is prob best though

IMO lights are still shit, fun shit, maybe, but shit nonetheless. The Lwt is the king of the molehill - better than the rest of its class - but still gets squashed casually by passing mediums.  

2 hours ago, lavawing said:

IMO lights are still shit, fun shit, maybe, but shit nonetheless. The Lwt is the king of the molehill - better than the rest of its class - but still gets squashed casually by passing mediums.  

I've managed to settle into a pretty good groove, but it's taken a bit of adjustment. They're still a little worse than the two best classes, but they're at least fun!

15 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

I've managed to settle into a pretty good groove, but it's taken a bit of adjustment. They're still a little worse than the two best classes, but they're at least fun!

True, and at least you are playing real tanks, not arta.

3 minutes ago, DHP said:

Did anyone spent some time on the T10 french, russian and american light since buff ? 

2 out of 3 for me. 

T-100LT is pretty great now, dpm always helps. 5 more shells definitely helps. Its more likely to be able to perma-track stuff (when close enough to reliably hit tracks lolololol). 

Sheridan def is solid with 105mm gun now. Its a Leo1 that does the Leo1 better than the Leo1. The accuracy and pen are fair trade for acceleration and camo. 390 hits matter, and the extra shells def help. Its softs without a vstab are as good or better than any X LT except the T-100LT WITH vstab. This means you can opt to skip stablizer and run vents, optics, rammer for maximal view range, accuracy and dpm. Hull is still fat and soft of course. 

Buying a 13 105 as soon as its unlocked, so pretty soon. 

I sold the Ru251 since I wasn't enjoying it enough to grind out all 289k XP needed for the tier 10 that I'd probably never buy. Then I put the 4 skill female crew in the Hwk12. Holy shit, is that thing mobile?! And 410m view range at tier 8. Yes, please!

Blaspheme warning: It may be more fun to run for shits and giggles than the T49. 

Is the LTTB now this mobile as well?