Whole_Nutmeg

9.18 Top Tier MM Potential Bug

51 posts in this topic

Some of you might have seen my status that I got five top tier games in a row in my Lowe earlier, something that seems nearly impossible and unbelievable this patch. Well, it turns out there is might be a bug that I was unknowingly experiencing. I had invited a friend to platoon, but he never joined. I was in the platoon by myself hitting battle. Apparently, doing this gives you much higher priority for being top tier. Why? I have no idea, but I played more tonight and it seems to significantly improve your chance of getting top tier. I only was playing my Lowe at tier 8 (because I'm in love with it, obviously). I'm not sure how other tiers will work out, or how server population affects it. It's already on reddit and will probably be fixed eventually.

edit: changed the title to be more accurate

update: seems like this has hit off throughout wot media. The daily bounce wrote an article on it, and this dez guy also made a video now taken down. Both sources seem to validate the bug

update 2: 

Anton ‘Evilly’ Pankov confirmed Wargaming already has a fix and should be implemented very soon. EU community managers have confirmed that exploiting any bugs is against the game rules. (still on the daily bounce article)

:jebaited:

quality repost/10

Funny how what should most of your experience look like is an "exploit". 

I've seen skill4ltu do this last night and he had crazy MM. A shit load of full tier 8 games which should honestly be the bread and butter of the MM.

Doesn't work, tried it a week ago, 200 games with this "exploit", 200 games without, same avg MM.

Confirmation bias

A certain streamer did this yesterday for 4 hrs straight and he was only top tier in his tier 8s. Maybe it doesn't work on NA due to the server population.

Maybe you could make a website and call it exploitingwot :bigdoge:

11 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

A certain streamer did this yesterday for 4 hrs straight and he was only top tier in his tier 8s. Maybe it doesn't work on NA due to the server population.

@Skill ? Saw him do that and he was getting insane MM.. Full tier 8 battles.. just the dream MM it was ridiculous.. 

If you find one games where he wasn't top tier, please let met know. I was not able to find one just scrolling through.

It could be sheer luck has there aren't that many games but it is definetely NOT the experience i am getting in my T8. If i get 20% of top tier in tier i count myself as lucky. Haven't seen two in a row since 9.18 and he just went on and on... 

Many streamers tested it and it worked for them all on EU. Skill however was the only retard stupid enough to sit and stream for hours and use a known bug. Using a bug and then to farm marks how low, and funny thing is I only saw it cause it was told on another stream - Skill then went on to immediately ban people saying he was using a bug, so that it wasn't shown in his chat. I've never really watched him a lot, but seeing him taking advantage of a bug and then live on stream for multiple hours I lost every bit for that shitter. 

My bad for commenting on the subject I didn't want to call skill out for it. It depends how you see it. I personally don't see the issue in this WHEN YOU SEE the current condition of tier 8 MM which i think is completely eff up. It's not like he was pubstomping tier 6/7 the vast majority of game he played was FULL tier 8 games. It's not like he hack the game and has major advantage over other player in the current game he is in, or rigged T22 style. Hell even old allowed mods, gave more advantages than this (legal reload mod, direction indicator, enemy gun direction....(depending on server)).

Honestly at this point I actually think it's not a bug it's a feature (srly not a joke). WG probably decided that platoon should be in 1tier MM and not be top 3 in a 3-5-7. Just a random guess. I wonder if they will fix this or not (or at least how fast).

And if it's an actual feature and WG fix the "exploit" as to single player can’t get 1 tier MM as often but full platoon can get it then I guess I will actually start to platoon because with the new MM, the most enjoyable game are actually in the 1 tier spread. Because being mid/low tier isn’t that much interesting and being top dog in a 3-5-7 setup doesn’t present enough hp (other than T9 games perhaps). Best MM right now is either top dog in a 5-10 configuration or 1 tier spread (Rest is meh…), the plus side is obviously not being lowdog like before where you were the only 2 or 3 tanks of your tier but it’s a rough price to pay.

I re-titled the thread in light of the discussion here

6 hours ago, CarbonWard said:

Doesn't work, tried it a week ago, 200 games with this "exploit", 200 games without, same avg MM.

What tiers were you playing on what server at what time? If it doesn't work let's put the nails in the coffin now. The discussions about twitch streamers seems to indicate that this is valid.

5 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Confirmation bias

I am familiar with confirmation bias, and I do not think this is the case. I picked up the Lowe this patch from the trade in, and I have almost 100 games already. I have never, ever gotten matchmaking as good as when I was doing this. I got more top tier 3/5/7 games last night, at two different times (late afternoon and ~11 central) than I did the entire time I've had the tank.

I tried it a bit earlier and it seemed to work but i need further evaluation. I guess the bug makes sense since you could be tricking the MM into thinking that you are a platoon so you would the "rebalanced" MM. 

Dez posted in on yt so enjoy while it lasts. 

5 hours ago, Whole_Nutmeg said:

I re-titled the thread in light of the discussion here

What tiers were you playing on what server at what time? If it doesn't work let's put the nails in the coffin now. The discussions about twitch streamers seems to indicate that this is valid.

I am familiar with confirmation bias, and I do not think this is the case. I picked up the Lowe this patch from the trade in, and I have almost 100 games already. I have never, ever gotten matchmaking as good as when I was doing this. I got more top tier 3/5/7 games last night, at two different times (late afternoon and ~11 central) than I did the entire time I've had the tank.

Tier 8 , non-pref, Patriot/Lowe/44-100, NA-E

It's obviously exploiting a bug and I would advise against doing so. EU mods spoke out against it meaning people who use this to their advantage might have bans on their hands. Skill's going to be in a rough spot which I think is more than fair.

I don't think it's right to consider it OK when he was spamming defender with T8mm which is where it's the absolute most OP. He's playing the game with different matchmaking rules than other people, to his favour. How is that not flat out cheating?

Can't see the useless cunts punishing anyone for doing this. They're the incompetent fooks that won't just release a 2 minute fix for it. 

T22 riggers still got to keep the tank didn't they?!

5 minutes ago, Copeyhagen said:

Can't see the useless cunts punishing anyone for doing this. They're the incompetent fooks that won't just release a 2 minute fix for it. 

T22 riggers still got to keep the tank didn't they?!

No, everyone they could prove that rigged got their tank removed, and those who didn't have it yet got it removed during the second wave if they had gotten it then

Touché, thought they got to keep them. This is still a simple fix that they haven't bothered their arse to sort.

I've tired it this afternoon on the NA East server.   I played 10 tier 8 battles in a platoon with nobody else.  So far, 6 of my 10 battles have been tier 8.  I was keeping data on matchmaking after 9.18 and about 20% of my tier 8 tank battles were tier 8 based on 200 tier 8 solo pub battles.  The percentage of tier 8 battles was lower outside of 7 PM to 11 PM.  It appears this bug is on the NA server also.

29 minutes ago, Kolni said:

It's obviously exploiting a bug and I would advise against doing so. EU mods spoke out against it meaning people who use this to their advantage might have bans on their hands. Skill's going to be in a rough spot which I think is more than fair.

I don't think it's right to consider it OK when he was spamming defender with T8mm which is where it's the absolute most OP. He's playing the game with different matchmaking rules than other people, to his favour. How is that not flat out cheating?

WG won't ban a single player for that because right now this exploit is commonly used. People are annoyed with dying EU servers and patch 9.18 changes - surprise and huge ban wave would only piss them off for real.

Well, i often play in an ``empty`` platoon, either because WARGAMING DOES NOT FIX THE FUCKING INVITE BUG SO NOBODY CAN JOIN, FUCK YOU WG, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH MANY IN THE A** FOR BREAKING THIS SHIT in PATCH 9.8 WHICH WAS FUCKING ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO AND STILL NO FUCKING FIX

Or because my platoon mate left / takes a shit / gets food / i decide to play 1-2 more games before also quitting

IF WG really cares they can ofc hotfix this, simply dont allow platoons with 1 player to entre the battle (it now asks: ``do you really want to join, not all players ready``)

ps: does it also works with 2 players, when 1 is afk? because if it does, then this is totally not enforcable, playing a game when somebody else is afk is totally fine and is no exploit whatsoever...)

4 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Well, i often play in an ``empty`` platoon, either because WARGAMING DOES NOT FIX THE FUCKING INVITE BUG SO NOBODY CAN JOIN, FUCK YOU WG, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH MANY IN THE A** FOR BREAKING THIS SHIT in PATCH 9.8 WHICH WAS FUCKING ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO AND STILL NO FUCKING FIX

Do you mean that stupid bug when accepting toon invitation does nothing?

38 minutes ago, Kolni said:

No, everyone they could prove that rigged got their tank removed, and those who didn't have it yet got it removed during the second wave if they had gotten it then

all th CABRA bots and subclans here in NA have it despite they all rigged

3 hours ago, CarbonWard said:

Tier 8 , non-pref, Patriot/Lowe/44-100, NA-E

That's really interesting then, especially with WG confirming it is an issue.